What's new

General/Other - Scorpion MIT's Scorpion write up from the Playstation Expo here in Las Vegas

davidovitch

In Europe!
The leg takedown should give good advantage on hit so it is useful to set up something afterwards, that would make up for it being unsafe I think.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I've always wanted to use Scorpion as a secondary or alternate main. I really try to like him but he's so meh. Maybe that will change in MKX but I'm still way more excited about Sub-Zero, and still impatiently waiting for my mains, Ermac and Smoke to (hopefully) be revealed.

Good write up.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Yeah, I've been wondering about how fast you can run-cancel as well since there are no more dash cancels. Next to that Cassie Cage vs Kotal Kahn video there's this SZ vs Scorpion video which should also give you some idea of how fast you can do them (starts at 1:07);

Also, thanks for the write up

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
As a Scorpion player(my 4th main in MK9) I'm beyond happy to read this. The Leg Take down I only used as combo finishers anyway so even if it's much worse whatever lol he has newer moves and tp options to make up for it :)

I'm also loving how he can cancel his fireball so he can cancel it into dashing or other specials? I'm thinking he'll be something similar to MK vs DCU Raiden when you could hold it, charge it(minus the charge option) then just cancel it. Between the cancelling fireball and newer options with teleport options empty ones, escape ones and ones that hit Scorp will be alot about mindgames. Which i love as a zoning and mindgame kind of player :)

I'm not sure I'll use his inferno everything i'm seeing and reading about his ninjitsu and hellfire styles have me excited!

Oh one thing I noticed you didn't talk much about but I believe their last NRS stream did, concerning his Xray you can change the trajectory of it right by hitting left or right on the dpad? That's awesome! I noticed you can hold it but I also wonder if you can cancel the xray like Sub-Zero and Smoke's from MK 9.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
yeaaaaaaaaaaap

haha jk .. Of course I read... Good stuff... .and yea why does @colt make that scissor sweep takedown so punishable when it leads to nothing for the most part lol....

Vagrant

Noob
Apreciate the writeup MIT.

Pretty reasonable to assume most of the specific stuff like unsafe takedown, mid hitting tele, advantage d4 etc. is subject to change at any time though.

The run mechanic is what interests me the most. Can you elaborate on it further?

Vagrant

Noob
Standing normals as anti airs?

Thank fucking god
Won't be as easy with dashes not being cancellable into normals anymore. So you lose a little bit of your aa range but that just means you have to space a little better.

I agree though, I hope to see these return

FOXSOLID

Noob
Reading all of this just makes me wonder how anyone can be more excited for SubZero. He's so fucking boring compared to Scorpion.

Apreciate the writeup MIT.

Pretty reasonable to assume most of the specific stuff like unsafe takedown, mid hitting tele, advantage d4 etc. is subject to change at any time though.

The run mechanic is what interests me the most. Can you elaborate on it further?
What me and DJT noticed is u can cancel it with pretty much whatever and I am positive it can be used to extend a combo when an opponent is juggled far away from u. Since u can cancel it, the minds games will be ridiculous and it adds a whole new aspect to the footsies game. I am sure once ppl really get to use it once the game comes out, it will be a huge aspect of the meta for MKX.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
How did the interactables feel? Did they make a big impact in the flow of the game or were they just kinda there?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Thanks for this update @MITDJT, this is great stuff.

Hopefully, Scorps has more tools than he did in MK9. Now, if only I can find some Indian players... :(

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The leg takedown should give good advantage on hit so it is useful to set up something afterwards, that would make up for it being unsafe I think.
It also looks like it can go under quite a lot of high stuff, judging by animation at least. We'll see.

Won't be as easy with dashes not being cancellable into normals anymore. So you lose a little bit of your aa range but that just means you have to space a little better.

I agree though, I hope to see these return
There's running though, so maybe that will be used.

How did the interactables feel? Did they make a big impact in the flow of the game or were they just kinda there?
They worked for getting around the screen and could be meter burned as well. They were decent for that purpose tho I am sure they have more uses.