What's new

Milena comboes question

cyke_out

Noob
First just note that if you're using an xbox controller these combos are tougher to pull off.

I know you didn't ask for all this but I think this post might help a bunch of players reading it. I've used Mileena a lot and have watched a lot of top Mileena play and in my opinion the most important combos to work on in order are:

1) roll, u+4, b1,4, dash 112 neckbite***

2) u+4, u+4, b1,4, 4~roll, b1,4, neckbite***

3) 4,2, telekick, airsai, roll, b1,4, neckbite***

Get these down and you can beat the vast majority of players. That first one is important because you can work ball roll into a lot of scenarios. It's a fantastic anti air. The second one is important because it beats crouch blocking, which people tend to do against Mileena because of d+4. And the last one is important because the 4,2 is a very safe string and can catch people off guard. If people block 4,2, you can dash up and d+4 a couple times and/or work in a throw. Throws are essential with Mileena because people don't like to take their fingers off the block button against this girl.

Note that if you are up close you can add 2, 3 at the beginning of that first combo and it deals more damage. My jump in combo of choice involves a jump in punch to 2,3, ball, etc...

Finally, about these combos, this is obvious, but you have to practice them a bunch in training mode if you want to get them down in a match. I know you're asking things like "when can I dash," but this stuff is hard to explain and is best discovered on your own. Practice these combos, and this could take weeks, but once you have them down and you want to try some of the other ones they'll be much easier to pull off.
Good post, but I think you forgot one combo that you should also master

b+3, roll, u+4, b+1,2 dash 1,1,2, neckbite

this is her only low combo starter.

You're right, Cyke. I didn't list it because I hardly ever use it. I've been know to abuse D+4 in the worst way, so blocking low tends to be the norm against me. b+3, en roll is the one I would recommend.

cyke_out

Noob
I use b+3, roll off of a blocked jump in punch, to put the opponent into a high/low/throw mix-up situation. The low is the only unsafe option for mileena so I rarely do it, and only after I have conditioned my opponent to fear the u+4. But mostly, after a blocked jump in punch, I go into a block string or a throw.

I throw alot with mileena.

I find it hard to land b+3~roll, usually opponent blocks the roll :) . Do you use some kind of shortcut like u hold B press 3 and then D+4?

cyke_out

Noob
b+3 into roll, is all or nothing, you have to input the roll command as soon you input the b+3, no waiting to see if it hits or anything, just do b+3 and immediantly do roll, so if the b+3 hits, the roll will hit, but if the b+3 is blocked.. well, you are screwed.

Thx will try it. But I think sometimes I screw up the range of b+3 ;)
Edit : inputting b+3, d+4 in one sequence gives u the desired move