What's new

Mileena Wishlist

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I don't think the Rolls should be low unless it's the EN version. It shouldn't be that deadly unless it costs meter.

If the Teledrops were overheads I don't think she would be broken at all. It just means the opponent has to stand block (which is what beats her in the first place. lol).

The Sais only need to go up by 1-2% percent, but I do think they should have a little bit more damage. Actually, most of her Special Attacks should get a 1% increase, because as it stands, even if she is spending meter she doesn't seem to get more damage.

I would love Mileena's roll to be cancellable like Reptile's and Kabal runs.

Have I listed anything broken on the 1st post I made?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Yeah, I guess her special moves just need to do 1% more damage.
Sai's doing 2% more though.
Those are the most reasonable, fair corrections.

If ball hit low & drop kick an overhead, that'd make her a tournament character.
Only S tier characters are tournament characters.

So I've presented two buff scenarios here.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Yeah, I guess her special moves just need to do 1% more damage.
Sai's doing 2% more though.
Those are the most reasonable, fair corrections.

If ball hit low & drop kick an overhead, that'd make her a tournament character.
Only S tier characters are tournament characters.

So I've presented two buff scenarios here.
I agree.

Better fatalities lol cause both of them really suck,and that they remove that flesh pit outfit. its so damn stupid IMO[MAD][/MAD]

You know. You guys put up some really good Points. At first I thought Mileena needed a buff. But it just turns out...she shouldnt be played as a rush down char which makes me sad. I HAVE DECIDED that she does not need a buff. BUT a tiny increase in dmg would be very welcome. Like idk maybe being able to punish a mistake for like 38% instead of like 30%. Really helpful though. Thanks guys

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
Simply put:
-Damage buff
-Rolls land low, or drop kicks overhead

Anything stupid like fatality, costume, and new moves suggestions are ungreatful and pointless.
She is lucky to be the one to get 4 costumes, and gorey fatalities that show her personality.
Mileena is an amazing character, easy to learn, but hard to put into action. You have to scratch and dig to win matches with her... It's rediculous honestly.
Mileena NEEDS that damage buff. The other stuff is just for more options since her rushdown game can be so easily broken down and punished.
I'm just asking that we get a little more reward for our hard work.

Nameer

Noob
Simply put:
-Damage buff
-Rolls land low, or drop kicks overhead

Anything stupid like fatality, costume, and new moves suggestions are ungreatful and pointless.
She is lucky to be the one to get 4 costumes, and gorey fatalities that show her personality.
Mileena is an amazing character, easy to learn, but hard to put into action. You have to scratch and dig to win matches with her... It's rediculous honestly.
Mileena NEEDS that damage buff. The other stuff is just for more options since her rushdown game can be so easily broken down and punished.
I'm just asking that we get a little more reward for our hard work.
I agree
her zoning aren't good too, her sai's damage is only 6% while other characters projectile damage do more like kabal's fireball do 9% damage

Meh, all that is true BUT the thread tittle says Mileena wish list. So that means automatically means what are our opinion(s)on we think/want her to have..thats probably why who ever made this thread put wish list. Lol but yes the MAIN thing Mileena needs is a damage buff it takes to much work to win a match.with her and at top level play its almost impossiable to win u litteratly have to out smart your opponent just to beat them and half of the time the matches are so close due to her low damage..Imo

Only been using her 5 days, i can only land 8-9 hit kombos with her. I like her as is but the only thing i would ask for his for the ball to hit low. Maybe to balance that they take away the EX dive kicks that go side to side and just make it one single EX dive kick that makes whoever it hit pop up.

After watching the CEO/ReveLAtions streams.... I think I would kill for Mileena to have a roll cancel to get in like Kabal's/Reptile's dash cancels.... Watching these matches really made me feel like she's rather limited in strategic setups and depth.

It doesn't really fit her style I suppose, but oh well. This is wishlist after all

Somberness

Lights
Reptile does not have a dash cancel. It is just a way for him to get in faster since the male ninjas have a slow regular dash or do certain combos by having it miss. Kabal's dash has to be cancelled as it starts up and I think that is only a feature because of its slow startup speed. That cancel is not really used to get in movement wise, just for pressure of an EX dash and making the opponent block instead of projectile spamming. Roll is too fast on startup and being able to cancel it mid-roll would be ridiculous as your opponent would be on complete lockdown against a launcher that a lot of characters can't even interrupt with a projectile. Mileena doesn't need help getting in against any character, what with having the fastest dash and a teleport move and all. Also, 1 dash from fullscreen and you have the threat of a combo vs every non low hitting projectile for 26% without using meter? What is the problem with this awesome move people?! There's a lot situations where you can use it without fear of it being blocked... dare your opponent to use something or jump within range.

One roll maneuver that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: If your opponent has a habit of recovering backwards after a knockdown to get away, you can end a combo (like the one I posted in the combo thread) with a whiffed roll (a non-cancelled one) and it will put you right beside your opponent but on the other side of them so their inputs are reversed.

But there is something that needs to be changed and that is her sais. EX sai is completely worthless, especially from fullscreen as the 2nd hit is blockable for only 7% total damage! For some reason, the air version does 8% but the 2nd one is still blockable. 6% damage for a projectile is already bad enough but for EX, 7% is terrible (9% if both actually hit,11% for air). 9% isn't even above some other characters standard projectiles and having to do the air version to get respectable damage is a little strange! Here's something funny: EX telekick into sai is almost 100% safe and does anywhere from 6% if everything is blocked to 14% if nothing is blocked. Even if it is all blocked, you get almost 1/3 of a bar... So what is the point of EX sai in the first place? A slightly faster startup and that's it... so yeah, the only changes I would want as far as specials are concerned is to her sais and neckbite. She needs her specials to be worthwhile as she only has 4.

Well I did mention that a roll cancel wouldn't really suit her, I'm not even expecting it to be put in ever. It's just one of those "If only.." type of things.

I think she does need some help getting in though, just not against high projectile zoning. Her dash is as good as a normal dash can be, but it's really her only safe way to close distance. Also characters with fast specials (Kano ball, NW shoulder, Cage/Jade shadow kicks, etc.) have those threats to make dashing in a risk.

From my experience, Mileena is pretty golden from mid to far screen, but if you're being out-zoned or you're fighting a character that beats projectiles easily you're forced to have to fight closer. Her ranged normals are fairly on the slow side as well. EX Teleport is pretty much safe too, but if you're using your meter for breakers most of the time, than you can only afford so many of those.

As for EX Sai, it's only real use is probably in chip, Anti-Air EX Sai makes the followup roll easier to land, but the EX Neckbite seems absolutely pointless to me. I only use Neckbite as a combo ender when I don't want a knockdown. Otherwise, what other practical uses for Neckbite is there?

Well I did mention that a roll cancel wouldn't really suit her, I'm not even expecting it to be put in ever. It's just one of those "If only.." type of things.

I think she does need some help getting in though, just not against high projectile zoning. Her dash is as good as a normal dash can be, but it's really her only safe way to close distance. Also characters with fast specials (Kano ball, NW shoulder, Cage/Jade shadow kicks, etc.) have those threats to make dashing in a risk.

From my experience, Mileena is pretty golden from mid to far screen, but if you're being out-zoned or you're fighting a character that beats projectiles easily you're forced to have to fight closer. Her ranged normals are fairly on the slow side as well. EX Teleport is pretty much safe too, but if you're using your meter for breakers most of the time, than you can only afford so many of those.

As for EX Sai, it's only real use is probably in chip, Anti-Air EX Sai makes the followup roll easier to land, but the EX Neckbite seems absolutely pointless to me. I only use Neckbite as a combo ender when I don't want a knockdown. Otherwise, what other practical uses for Neckbite is there?
i dont think she should have a roll cancel. then she would be "S" Tier . then every one is going to start playing with her lol call me crazy but i like that not to many people play as Mileena

i dont think she should have a roll cancel. then she would be "S" Tier . then every one is going to start playing with her lol call me crazy but i like that not to many people play as Mileena
No I can absolutely understand that. I don't need Mileena to be top tier and in every top 8. It doesn't do anything for me, especially if I'm not one of those Mileenas in top 8. As long as a few good ones are around. You don't just want to be "another one of them Mileena players".

cabibi

Noob
Here's my wish list, make her blocked specials like everyone else's in the game, punishable when hitting the ground.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm actually very thankful as a Mileena player. A lot of characters get overexposed, and as a result become the target of counter-technology studies. Mileena isn't quite on the radar, but she's so much better than your average character.

She's definitely threatening, and she has a lot of tools. While her individual tools aren't the best in the game for each category, she typically has something to deal with most situations. For that reason, there isn't a whole lot I'd change about Mileena because I simply feel she is incredibly well balanced. This is of course a wish list thread, so I'll make a few suggestions that I feel wouldn't make her overpowered.

1) EX Neck Bite should be unblockable and place a Sai in the opponent's back. You should not be able to combo out of it, although I feel you should still be able to combo into it. I don't think damage even needs to be all that great, either. This way, the EX version would actually have some practical use, and in using it you would given even more viability to Neck Bite in general. Let's face it, the "sai-in-the-back" is pretty cool, but it's not something that's generally usable. If you spent a bar for something that did standard grab damage and set up for higher damage neck bites, I think this would be a very fair use of meter.

2) I wouldn't mind Sais doing a little extra damage. Not much, but they're pretty low. Mileena is pretty beastly from a range against many characters, so this isn't something I can't live without, but I think it's something that would be a fair buff.

I actually like EX Roll and EX Teleport as is. I don't think Teleport necessarily needs to be an overhead given that it's very safe, which some people with an EX Teleport can't even say. EX Roll even sets up for a very tricky Low-Medium mixup when canceled from a meaty b+3. We discuss this a little in another thread, and if you're comfortable with the setup, I've often found that it's worth the bar.

Anyway, one thing that really bothers me is EX moves that are lame and/or worthless. I was psyched when I saw initial videos and noticed Sub's Freeze turn into a beam. It adds functionality to a move, but unfortunately too many EX moves simply add an extra couple points of damage. This is unimaginative and extremely disappointing. I think, if they're going to continue patches, increased functionality for EX moves should be considered, especially since these improvements could help characters in situations that perhaps left them out of options in the past.