What's new

Mileena Wishlist

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Mileena is already a decent character but I think she could with some subtle changes.

BASIC ATTACKS
-Sai Impale (F+2) damage increased from 7% to 9%, now causes crumple state (similar to what you get from Baraka's F+4) and hits now mid. Startup and recovery unchanged.

KOMBO ATTACKS
- (4,2) Damage unchanged. Startup and recovery unchanged. Increased blockstun.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
-Sai Blast (B,F+1) damage increased from 6% to 7%. Startup unchanged and recovery slightly reduced. Blockstun slightly increased.

-Sai Bursts (B,F+1+BLK) damage increased from 9% to 10% and both hits should connect full screen without the opponent being able the block the second sai. Startup unchanged and recovery slightly reduced. Blockstun slightly increased.

-Teleport Drop (New command is D,F+3) damage increased from 7% to 8% and now hits mid. Startup and recovery are unchanged.

-Tricky Teleport (New command is D,F+3+BLK) damage increased from 9% to 10% and now hits mid, mid. Startup and recovery are unchanged

-Leaping Neckbite (B,F+2) damage increased from 7% to 8%. Startup unchanged and recovery reduced. 0% hits are now no damage when damage Scaling is at it's maximum.

-Leaping Lunch damage (B,F+2+BLK) increased from 11% to 12%. Unblockable. Non-cancellable from strings. Non-Bufferable. Non- Comboable. Does not grab if opponent is any type of hitstun. Startup and recovery are unchanged.

-Impaled Leaping Neckbite (B,F+2) damage increased from 11% to 12%. 0% hits are now no damage when damage scaling is at it's maximum. Startup unchanged and recovery reduced.

-Impaled Leaping Lunch (B,F+2+BLK) as it interferes with dash in throws) damage increased from 15% to 16%. Unblockable. Non-Cancellable from strings. Non-Bufferable. Non-Comboable. Does not grab if opponent is in any type of hitsun. Startup and recovery are unchanged.

-Ball Roll damage (B,D+4) increased from 5% to 6%. Startup and recovery are unchanged.

-Smashing Roll damage (B,D+4+BLK) increased from 8% to 9%.. Now hits mid, mid, low. Travels faster when rolling. Cancellable on whiff by pressing back and Block.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Leaping neckbite should be unblockable.
lol. That would lead to unblockable frame traps.
Oh, and keep using Kabal. Don't switch I know there is more stuff you have to show us with him.

Anyway, hopefully I haven't typed out a list of broken changes. They all seem reasonable to me.

Somberness

Lights
I think most are good changes, especially the leap attacks as they are almost useless as an uppercut will always do more damage at the end of a combo... unless your only option is to cancel into it. Maybe it should be a throw instead. But about making roll hit low, it would just be too overpowered as I explained in the other thread.

I don't really want too much more for Mil, but f/b+2 COULD do something more interesting.

Also, make the second hit on EX TP kick actually a safe option (she needs something somewhat safe), and may~be neck bite hit overhead or something.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I tried to make the most fair changes to her while attempting to make her more fun and interesting.

Right now her damage is very ideal (and very balanced), but she can't do much more damage at the cost of difficulty or meter and her X-Ray is meh. So I made changes that allowed her to actually spend meter and gain more damage and such.

-I Increased the damage on sais because while I believe they are decent and have multiple uses. There is no way in hell we should have to throw 16 of them to kill someone. The threat of being hit by one of them would increase alot on the ground when you actually see a chunk of your health bar missing. !% actually does that. lol. Sais are decent enough to not be in the 8% and over fireball catergory, though.

-I don't think I would ever want the Teleport Drops to be safe as they're rectionary tools. However, I think that if you crouch block it should hit you, so I changed them to mids. Why? Because stand blocking it gives you a full combo punish. If you want to be asleep at the wheel then you should get hurt for it..

-Neckbites are really fun moves but they don't really have much practical application. The slight increase on the basic Neckbites is so you have more options for enders from a low or an anti-air combo starter besides a basic uppercut. The EN very got changed to unblockables, because they are full punishable if you duck them (not crouch block, though) and if certain charactes struggle to do that (which I highly doubt) then increase the recovery by a frame or two. You would only ever get 1% more than a normal throw if you didn't set up a sai, anyway. And with the new versions being none comboable on EN I think that's a fair trade.

-The only move than I'm concerned about changing is Ball Roll and the EN version.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
I don't really want too much more for Mil, but f/b+2 COULD do something more interesting.

Also, make the second hit on EX TP kick actually a safe option (she needs something somewhat safe), and may~be neck bite hit overhead or something.
b+2 is a damage modifier. If a Sai is in your opponents back and you pull of her leaping bite, she stabs the opponenent.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I just hate how they ruined her from her demo version in the stylish combos she can pull off.
I think her air sais should scale their falling less, so you can combo off of an air sai later.

Like, AA air sai, telekick, air sai, roll ball would then be possible.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
mileena is a beast in this game. I can't believe people are asking for a buff?? she zones, she's great at anti zoning. she can start a combo anywhere with the roll. she has a low poke that leads to a pop up, a 1 hit mid pop up. punish anywhere with telekick and it's safe vs alot of the cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mileena is a beast in this game. I can't believe people are asking for a buff?? she zones, she's great at anti zoning. she can start a combo anywhere with the roll. she has a low poke that leads to a pop up, a 1 hit mid pop up. punish anywhere with telekick and it's safe vs alot of the cast.
Thank you

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
OK, let's say Scorpion does a teleport punch, you block it, he pops up, you get full punish combo damage.
What's the best punish damage you're getting out of that ideal punish situation???
35%? 44% if you do an X-ray? There's not time for a jump punch, so you have to consider that.
Scorpion gets 39% damage here, Ermac does 43% easy, no meter, no X-ray. 56% if he has an X-ray.

On a not so ideal situation, you only really have time for the roll ball, what's the best damage you can do to punish someone who you could only punish with a ball at that moment?
26% damage? 38% if you have an X-ray.
In a situation where Scorpion can only punish with a spear, he nets at least 34% damage, and gets a free mind game.

We already know telekick doesn't lead to combo damage unless they're in the air, and the telekick often misses when they're in the air anyway.
25% damage off of that combo with no x-ray though.
Looking at Scorpion again, if someone jumps at him, and he does the proper AA counter, he gets like 31% damage and a free mind game.

Now, I'm not saying Mileena needs to be a ton better...however, she's no Kung Lao/Ermac.
I'd just like to be able to get AA air sai, telekick, air sai, roll. That'd give her another damage option, it would do less than 30% damage in the end, so why not?

Also, for a zoning character, her projectile does low damage. Only 6%
Kabal's fireball does 9%, and his saw does 8%.

Face it, Mileena's only good because she's kinky, and that makes us want to play as her. (it's in the guide, so it's true)

Her Sai's should probably do 8% damage, along with removed gravity scaling.
That and her ball hitting low plus her telekick becoming an overhead would make her a contender for the top tier.
These are the only changes she would need.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
she has so many different ways to dish out easy 30% combos that's why she doesn't need a buff she is one of the handful of characters that is perfect a little too perfect.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Agreed with Dan, Mileena is perfect. You just gotta know how to use her and she's definitely not a easy play character like some others.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Agreed with Dan, Mileena is perfect. You just gotta know how to use her and she's definitely not a easy play character like some others.
I agree with you for the most part. Actually, can you guys comment on the imaginary changes I made for her in the first post.

I seriously doubt those changes would make her broken. Actually, the new properties would probably make her more interesting and technical. The one thing I couldn't decide was how to make the EN Neckbites work. Should they be unblockable or have armor?

Oh, and AC1984. I wish you didn't switch from Mileena to Kung Lao in your most recent tournament. I wanted to learn some new things.

NuSix3

Boob
My guess is the inside of NRS studios doesn't look like this

Not to be an ass but what's the point of commenting on a bunch of imaginary changes? Usually there is an announcement for the next game in the series before wishlists are made; this game is barely 2 months old. Considering they've done nothing but nerf her since the demo I think you're better off hoping they don't mess with her anymore than they already have. Even if they said they were buffing her damage I wouldn't trust it, I'd update my game all happily only to shortly realize that u+4 now leaves her at disadvantage at block. I'm not willing to pay that price man.

Nameer

Noob
can someone explain how shes perfect???
her damage is too low,her telekick and roll ball extremely unsafe and barely reach 30% damage combos,how shes good?

Wizard

Noob
can someone explain how shes perfect???
her damage is too low,her telekick and roll ball extremely unsafe and barely reach 30% damage combos,how shes good?
Well, I'm nowhere near a top player but I do know how to use her pretty well.

I'd say that the reason she is so good is because that she has an incredible mix up game with B+3 into ball, EX ball, B+4, or B+1 for safe chip damage.

She can shut down jumps with her air sai into a combo or a properly time roll into combo.

Her overhead is relatively fast and it's safe. I've heard that it even gives +frames on block but I don't know for sure if there's any truth to that.

She can punish whiffs at nearly full screen with a launch for combo damage with the roll. She can also use the telekick to punish projectiles which gives a brief stagger state for pressure opportunities.

Her ranged attack comes out incredibly fast and it's 100% safe.

And again, her close in mixups are incredible especially with the EX ball.

Nameer

Noob
I'd say that the reason she is so good is because that she has an incredible mix up game with B+3 into ball, EX ball, B+4, or B+1 for safe chip damage.
her mix-up is too slow and b+3,roll ball extremely unsafe and can be blocked by reaction (if you were playing against pro)

She can shut down jumps with her air sai into a combo or a properly time roll into combo.
that's the only benefit from roll ball but still isn't good enough,the damage output from roll ball is too low like 25-28% and on block you can eat full combo depended on your opponent output damage

Her overhead is relatively fast and it's safe. I've heard that it even gives +frames on block but I don't know for sure if there's any truth to that
her u+4 overhead is too slow and can be blocked by reaction (if you were playing against pro) and on block gives disadvantage Frames

She can punish whiffs at nearly full screen with a launch for combo damage with the roll. She can also use the telekick to punish projectiles which gives a brief stagger state for pressure opportunities
Her ranged attack comes out incredibly fast and it's 100% safe
Roll Ball can't reach full-screen
and how her ranged attack are safe???
teleport kick & roll ball are extremely unsafe
the most problem that her damage output too low while your opponent damage is usually higher

And again, her close in mixups are incredible especially with the EX ball.
ex ball hits mid and normal ball hits high,what's the different my opponent can still block them both without ducking

NuSix3

Boob
her mix-up is too slow and b+3,roll ball extremely unsafe and can be blocked by reaction (if you were playing against pro)

that's the only benefit from roll ball but still isn't good enough,the damage output from roll ball is too low like 25-28% and on block you can eat full combo depended on your opponent output damage

her u+4 overhead is too slow and can be blocked by reaction (if you were playing against pro) and on block gives disadvantage Frames

Roll Ball can't reach full-screen
and how her ranged attack are safe???
teleport kick & roll ball are extremely unsafe
the most problem that her damage output too low while your opponent damage is usually higher

ex ball hits mid and normal ball hits high,what's the different my opponent can still block them both without ducking
You're wrong about u+4. If your opponent is blocking and you throw out an u+4 they will not be able to release block and jab you in time to hit you out of it. If they do block it you are undoubtedly at an advantage. Forget how slow it is and remember that it's a standing overhead you can throw out anytime you want. Most characters have to combo into their overheads which makes them even easier to see coming. Also u+4 has really good, borderline ridiculous range and doesn't knock the opponent away on hit so the Mileena player never has to change their combo up to accommodate hitting at various distances. You should be spamming the shit out of this move so you can start getting reads on your opponent. If you are playing a pro player who knows how to handle it, then congratulations, he's passed the test and you can now go ahead and start mixing up your attacks but there is no way in hell he can punish you on block.

Yes, roll is very punishable. But your opponent cannot jump at all because of it. Certain characters can't even use their projectiles on Mileena because of it. You will almost never be trapped in a corner because of it. And it's one of the most effective wake up attacks in the game. Its also great for closing the distance between you and the opponent at full screen without leaving yourself open to high projectiles or tele-throws.

Telekick might be the best teleport in the game do to the fact that it comes down instantly from the top of the screen rather than the bottom or side. Unlike every other teleport / telethrow it is really friggin' hard to evade, maybe even impossible (i think a well-timed air-throw could counter it) once you are in the air. On hit Mileena can follow up with sais, which is also a rare advantage since most characters cannot cancel from one special into another. This also starts another combo.

Jump-kick~Sais - how many characters can score a combo off a jump kick other than Kitana? There might be one or two others but it's definitely an advantage Mileena has over the rest of the cast.

Now think about the mindset of your opponent who knows you have these tools. He's likely to play very defensively at mid-range hoping you throw out random telekicks and rolls - SO DON'T DO IT. One of her main obstacles in my opinion is to resist the urge to kill yourself by throwing out her specials on the assumption that your opponent isn't expecting it. She's so dangerous at a unique range it's too easy to think you're going to catch everyone off guard... even after you get punished one might have the stupid thought, well, now he really won't see it coming cause he thinks i learned my lesson... yes he will, trust me, I make the same stupid mistakes.

Nameer

Noob
You're wrong about u+4. If your opponent is blocking and you throw out an u+4 they will not be able to release block and jab you in time to hit you out of it. If they do block it you are undoubtedly at an advantage. Forget how slow it is and remember that it's a standing overhead you can throw out anytime you want. Most characters have to combo into their overheads which makes them even easier to see coming. Also u+4 has really good, borderline ridiculous range and doesn't knock the opponent away on hit so the Mileena player never has to change their combo up to accommodate hitting at various distances. You should be spamming the shit out of this move so you can start getting reads on your opponent. If you are playing a pro player who knows how to handle it, then congratulations, he's passed the test and you can now go ahead and start mixing up your attacks but there is no way in hell he can punish you on block.
did I say U+4 punishable on block?
I said it gives negative frames which I can't act after u+4,my opponent have the advantage (I have test this)

NuSix3

Boob
did I say U+4 punishable on block?
I said it gives negative frames which I can't act after u+4,my opponent have the advantage (I have test this)
How are you testing? Both b+2,4 and 4,2 will hit your opponent if they do anything except block or jump back (which you could easily punish) after blocking u+4. I just tested it to make sure. However, on block there is a push back that will cause you to whiff a jab, so you can't follow up with her fastest attacks or you will whiff and get owned. Milena doesn't have a whole lot other than the b+3,4 that leaves her at disadvantage.

Anyways, the point was to stop fretting over her disadvantages and minor issues and to look at what she can do better than other characters.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Nameer is right though.
If someone baits a roll or teleport, as Kung Lao, Ermac, or Scorpion for example...you're eating about 40% or more damage.

You don't get the same advantage if you block one of their unsafe moves.
Though you can do the stylish combo for 39%, it's just a question if that first jump kick will connect or not, and that's assuming you start with a j.P...
As Ermac, a no jump punch punish combo reaches 43% when starting with BP BP...39% for Scorpion.

Scorpion also has wicked good mixup game, so it's not like her mixup game is anything unique.

As I've said, IMHO, what's really wrong with her is that her sai's only do 6% damage.
That's low damage for a projectile. Kabal's gas ball does 9%, and his saw blades do 8%.

If they changed that, made roll ball hit low, and telekick an overhead...then we'd have an A tier character on our hands.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
omg if her ball hit low. we'd have a broken character. telekick hit over head O_O after it already grants a safe jump on hit. she is already A tier arguably A+ tier.