What's new

mileena untouched in new patch?

I went back and tried punishing Mileena's EN Neckbite several times the other night, and it's actually safer than I thought it was. I could only manage to punish with the fastest moves in the game (Reptile dash/KL spin), but most of the cast had to settle for a D1, and even timing that wasn't easy. Because Mileena's not airborne, D1 won't give combos. It might still put you at disadvantage, but damage wise it's not too bad. On whiff it's pretty bad though, unfortunately.

Making this move completely safe would be nice, and most players who aren't looking for this move wouldn't even notice the change. A faster startup and better whiff recovery would make this move her go to wakeup option. But it would still cost meter, so it wouldn't be OP.

But eh, she apparently wasn't changed so I guess this is all wishlist territory at this point.

I don't have another player to test this right now, but I think you guys may have gotten a pretty significant hidden buff...the new wakeup move window.

Recently I started using d4 to stuff wakeup moves, and it consistently beat all of Mileena's - only the roll worked at all, and only with perfect timing. However, the training dummy now beats my d4 with wakeup roll every time and I can't hit her out of wakeup teleport anymore. This has also changed with Kitana's wakeup cutter and EX fan lift, among many others.

I really, really hope this is just a training mode bug, but if it isn't then it seems like wakeup moves can now get up to 11 frames of invincibility. welp gettin ready for more EX teleports i can barely punish!!!

If this is the case then perhaps so. I did remember hearing that the invincibility window on wakeup attacks had increased across the board, so I don't think it's a training bug. Has the patch even gotten to PS3 yet?

Somberness

Lights
Roll/ex roll is completely invincible if you do a perfect wake up attack so the amount of invincible frames has increased to 11 or more (the rolls start up in 11 frames and becomes active on the 12th). I'm guessing regular roll is but CSZ's parry does not work against it.

Erm, so a safe on block overhead that dealt 7% normally or 11% at the cost of an entire meter, and left you standing with minor advantage or splats you with meter (effectively giving you back your wakeup). Would make Mileena OP compared to similar moves like:

-Johnny Cage's nut punch that deals 10% or 14% if the player chooses to spend meter?

-Scorpion's new safe Takedown and safe, half screen traveling, armored, Takedown? Moves that both hit low and deal 10% and 14% respectively.

-What about Cyrax's Buzzsaw hitting overhead now and being a hard punish?

That's just a few of the things that are in the game. Leaving players standing with Mileena's Neckbite yields no advantage besides taking away the opponent's wakeup. If it was safe on block then doing B+3 mixups wouldn't be an inherent risk and therefore adds to her mixup (more options). If it hit overhead it wouldn't matter because the only move you need to low block punish is both versions of the Telekick. And she imps on your face, anyway. Both of those things would actually make her mixup much, much, better. Finally, Mileena players would finally be able to get off the floor at cost of an entire bar. Considering that she needs to use meter to get anything damaging off B+3, to maintain pressure with Enhanced Telekick and most importantly use breakers. If we want to pay our way off the floor, I can honestly say I don't think it's OP at all.

D+4 is Mileena's crutch. Great move; not-so great experience. lol.
My problem is that neckbite would be ideally a combination of the 3, the ex version being safe + armored would be alright, but normal version being safe would be too much, it would be a distance covering, safe no matter what overhead that left you standing and did 7% I'll admit, i forgot ex neckbite knocked you down :p Mileena, atleast in my mind, is all about the risk reward, you got the guts/smarts to take a big risk, it will pay off big, if you reduced the risk, naturally reward would have to be lowered as well. I'd love this trade, dont get me wrong, and i can see where your coming from, but to me personally, i feel mileena would just be too good if this were to be done.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
My problem is that neckbite would be ideally a combination of the 3, the ex version being safe + armored would be alright, but normal version being safe would be too much, it would be a distance covering, safe no matter what overhead that left you standing and did 7% I'll admit, i forgot ex neckbite knocked you down :p Mileena, atleast in my mind, is all about the risk reward, you got the guts/smarts to take a big risk, it will pay off big, if you reduced the risk, naturally reward would have to be lowered as well. I'd love this trade, dont get me wrong, and i can see where your coming from, but to me personally, i feel mileena would just be too good if this were to be done.
I happily have the Enhanced version as a safe, armored, overhead if they gave the normal version proper advantage (close to Baraka's F+4). However, saying the the basic version being safe would make it OP, is like saying that Scorpion's new safe slide is OP. I just can't say that I agree.

Roll/ex roll is completely invincible if you do a perfect wake up attack so the amount of invincible frames has increased to 11 or more (the rolls start up in 11 frames and becomes active on the 12th). I'm guessing regular roll is but CSZ's parry does not work against it.
Ugh, just what I thought. This means you can't hit her out of wakeup teleport either if the player's execution is good.

Also this makes Kitana better overall than she was before the patch. LOL

cyke_out

Noob
Don't worry about it FunkDoc, all of Kano's wake up attacks are less than 10, so just choke some bitches out.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
I'd personally rather a Safe overhead neckbite than armor on the EX one if it came down the crunch. That would be nice... Hmm.