What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Raider

Noob
D'Vorah haters can hope for her death in MK12, but it's not happening. Sorry to disappoint you guys. And even if it does, she won't die by Milena's hands, it will be someone else and it wouldn't mean anything.

D'Vorah is one of the best characters by NRS, period. Accept it or not, it's the fact. Yes, she is hated by many but that's what villains are for. NRS, actually Ed Boon to be more specific loves the character, and he knows what they created, so i am pretty sure that we will be seeing her in future games.

2 days ago i was googling for some best female MK characters lists and each and every one of them had D'Vorah on it. Don't let what happened in MKX and MK11 stories blind you to not see how amazing D'Vorah is. With D'Vorah you either love her or you hate her, there is no middle ground, but even ppl that hate her admit that she is probably the best newcomer by NRS. She is constantly talked about, and that's what matter. BTW. I am big Mileena fan too, she was one of my mains in both MK9 and MKX.

Excuse your mouth. We stan a non-jobber, actually effective villain queen. Don't be jealous just cause jobbers like Reptile, Ermac, Kano, Sheeva, Erron, etc. can't get shit done.

I do agree on the retroactive relevance part, though. Watching D'Vorah show up in the MKX flashback to pre-MK1 era with Raiden/Liu/Lao was top 3 dumb shit in a game story full of dumb shit. I can excuse her riling people up in intros as intros are often just little dashes of flavor with minimal need to be canon, but deciding "she's been doing important shit the whole time!" is beyond dumb.
The jobber thing is such a lame cop out term. NRS just doesn't know how to write their characters very well. D'Vorah included. I think she could be a great character, if it wasn't all this WE stuff and relying on disgusting bugs to do her job. Gameplay wise and story wise they messed up, same with Kotal who also had a lot of potential.

Without lips and the way her jaw looks. I can’t help but think that she actually won’t even be able to talk. It’s the same issue I have with Baraka. That anatomy doesn’t support vocalization. You guys try talking with a open mouth like hers without moving your lips. It’s hard. The lips made it look a bit more feasible and logical.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Without lips and the way her jaw looks. I can’t help but think that she actually won’t even be able to talk. It’s the same issue I have with Baraka. That anatomy doesn’t support vocalization. You guys try talking with a open mouth like hers without moving your lips. It’s hard. The lips made it look a bit more feasible and logical.
You're putting too much thought into the logic of these fictional monsters in this video game world lol

That's like thinking "Liu Kang's hands are on fire how's he not burning to death?"

"Where tf do Baraka's arm blades go? Like, how do those entire things fit into his arm? And how can he possibly bend his arm when they're inside of him?"

"How do Jax, Jacqui, Sonya, or Kano go toe to toe with Cetrion, Fujin, Raiden, or Shao Kahn?"

Trust me. It's best to just not think about it at that level lmao

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
She talks in the trailer wdym lmao

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
She talks in the trailer wdym lmao
And we've also heard her voice in at least 5 different clips on Twitter thanks to her lovely voice actress.

But, I think they're trying to find logic in her being able to speak without lips. Even though it's just grasping at straws for the lips imo. She can speak just fine with the teeth. She's been able to speek with just the teeth since MK2 lol.

Never thought I'd see "She needs the lips for it to make sense for her to speak. Fellow humans in real life try to speak without lips rn it's hard." in a video game where we literally have Baraka....and D'Vorah who's apparently made up of billions of little bugs...but...apparently has perfect working vocal cords and lungs and organs etc for no reasons cause she's just...bugs.

At some point, we, as gamers, should be able to suspend disbelief enough to look beyond things like that lol.

Tartakans are actually telepaths. So when you hear them talk they actually project their thoughts onto everyone standing around them. It's true, because my dogs girlfriend is Ed Boon's dog's fiance and gets insider information when he fetches enough sticks.