What's new

Mileena General Discussion

I love when characters have that kind of depth of character. I usually sympathize with the bad guys, but knowing that Mileena really just wants to be accepted is just...beautiful.

I also like the idea that Mileena is portrayed as the villain, she just wants to be accepted by Kitana.

Kitana is the portrayed as the hero, but refuses to accept her sister.

It really blurs the lines between good and evil. Mileena does these evil things because of her sister's cruelty towards her. Despite Mileena being a product of Shang Tsung's evil. She's not inheritly evil herself. We know Tarkatan's aren't inheritly evil because Baraka's super fckn civilized in MK11's story. She's bad because she's not being accepted so she's lashing out.

That's another reason why I think the LGBT community gravitate towards her so much. Because even though these seeds were planted in MKX and the MKX comics, now it's really starting to bloom. Mileena, an outcast, wanting nothing more than to be accepted by her sister, her family, is shamed and attacked. So she fights back until she gets the happiness and acceptance she wants, from the people who care about her. Tanya and her daughter.

Fuck this character is so good. I'm gonna start wearing a shirt that says "Ask me about my Mileena agenda." because I could talk about this bitch for hours.
That's a cool analysis.

In the original timeline, there were points where Mileena seemed to just want to be accepted as well, which I always liked.

For Kitana, people oft seem to forget that she was Shao Kahn's prime assassin for almost ten thousand years. She's killed/executed a lot of people, and I'm sure many were innocent. That's what I liked about her Mortal Kombat X portrayal so much: it show cased this darker side we don't see very often since she's typically portrayed in a better light.

I would classify Kitana as a "good guy" since finally rebelled against Shao Kahn and does seem to want to bring about more peace and justice than other rulers before her, but she's certainly not an angel.

For Mileena, another thing to think about is that she was created specifically to replace Kitana, that's her sole reason for being and all she's known. She's trying to live up to her "father's" expectations while also finding an identity of her own. Past Mileena, whom we seem to have in this game, is very immature and impulsive, but present Mileena, I think her imprisonment and rebellion really did help her grow up and mature more.

She is definitely more bloodthirsty than Kitana, especially younger, less disciplined her. She may not be evil along the lines of Shinnok and Shao, but I certainly wouldn't call her a good guy. I do think she would ultimately have made a better Kahn for Outworld over Kotal by far though.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Mileena's always been one of MK's most tragic characters, so to see her get an ending like this really does the heart good.

I mean, jeez, just think of all the fan art of Mileena, Tanya, and baby 'Leena on some Full House-type shit. It's gonna be adorable as hell and I'm ready.

Also, can we take a second to appreciate just how metal it is to use a dead body as a damn baby mobile? That's a source of food and entertainment wrapped in one. Mileena's an efficient mother, clearly.
We knew from her teddies that she would be a great mother.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Mileena: My Father is Inevitable Fujin

Fujin: Under the weight of my wind. He will snap.

They did not reference fucking Thanos in MK11 I love it here.

-

Damn looks like they couldn't get Ronda to record anymore voice lines lmao. They reused lines from Skarlet and Jade intros.

-

Mileena: Come play with me, Briggs!

Jacqui: We talkin' Kombat or...somethin else?

Mileena: Either way I'll be satisfied.

WEEEEEEEE Rainbow jacket Jacqui gang wya we out here.

-

Mileena: I will never mate with you, Baraka.

Damn she friendzoned that dude real hard.

-

WHOAAAA EVERYONE!! GO TO 17:30 AND REPORT BACK TO THE THREAD!!

Holy shit when I saw this picture I didn't know what to expect but that was SICK AF. PLEASE I NEED MORE MILEENA IMITATING KITANA IN MY LIFE. MK12 LEMME HAVE IT.

-

HOLY FUCK SHE DID IT AGAIN AAAAAAAH AT 18:14 "Help me Liu Kang. Help me." THAT WAS SO SICK.

-

"The hive are many. You are one." Nice Ermac reference from D'Vorah.

-

Omg Kari absolutely killed it with her dialogue. I knew she wouldn't disappoint and she came through each and every time. I can't wait for her y'all. She's ALMOST here for us plebs who didn't get it early. Now does anyone have any videos showing off her skins + gear?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Yeah, Kari Wahlgren did a damn fine job. From coy and playful, to bitter and pissed, she was able to express so much emotion in Mileena's dialogue and not a single line sounded out of character. Get this chick in a proper story mode please, NRS!

Also, RIP to Tanya in this timeline, but holy shit, did Kari do a great job at sounding equal parts furious and hurt whenever she brought her up.

I still find it strange that characters like Kabal and Kitana can have base, air and low projectiles all at once but Mileena can’t have base and low at the same time, let alone all three. ‍♂

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I'm only about 7 min into that Honeybee vid, but I gotta ask. Did we ever see that F1 used in any of Mileena's gameplay footage up until now? You'd think I'd have noticed if it was 'cause that shit is Piercing B1-lite.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
very nice those first impressions .... so overall , seems that Mileena sacrifices a bit of combo high damage potential , in exchange for a LOT of mix up options, making the opponent to be in constantly check state during the match .... also her mobility is insane

she seems to be very quick too

approved !! :)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm only about 7 min into that Honeybee vid, but I gotta ask. Did we ever see that F1 used in any of Mileena's gameplay footage up until now? You'd think I'd have noticed if it was 'cause that shit is Piercing B1-lite.
It's 0 on block by itself 9f high but F12 isn't special cancelable and the F124 is just an ender. But it's a good spacing tool but just a string unless you wanna commit to a single hit into ball roll.

Her Mid B1 is a 10f mid but it has MKX Jacqui range, gotta hug the opponent to connect. But it has hit confirmable inputs to follow.

Her Mid into overhead is -8 when finishing the string, I guess some can't punish that
Which brings me to her low stab, it's the same asF1 in the sense you can't hit confirm into ball roll.

Her safe overhead is 25Frame Startup! And can't combo, just a splat. Decent range though.

She does have tick throws
Great projectiles
Great counter zoning

If you can master the issues above and play Yolo she can be S+ tier