What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
They are there but they are difficult to perform. It seems you can't do jumpback forward + 1 like in MK9 , you have to jump/jumpback and then do the bf1 motion for sai. I've done some practice on neutral jumping and can get instant sais to hit about 4/10 right now. I haven't tried it jumping back yet but will probably be harder to do.
Ok great, have you tested it out enough by chance to see if they are safe. Or if you can launch them concectivily faster then standing sai blast?

Thanks

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Ok great, have you tested it out enough by chance to see if they are safe. Or if you can launch them concectivily faster then standing sai blast?

Thanks
Air sais aren't safe and at the moment they seem to be best used as part of combos or zoning. Telekick to air sai (MK9 days) isn't viable on block as there is a huge gap between when Tele kick is blocked to when you reach the height that air sai would be blocked, easy to counter with an uppercut or special/armour through. You can also be grabbed from the air from a blocked Tele kick as well (Only tested with Jax)

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Air sais aren't safe and at the moment they seem to be best used as part of combos or zoning. Telekick to air sai (MK9 days) isn't viable on block as there is a huge gap between when Tele kick is blocked to when you reach the height that air sai would be blocked, easy to counter with an uppercut or special/armour through. You can also be grabbed from the air from a blocked Tele kick as well (Only tested with Jax)
Ok, to make sure that we are on the same page, I pulled some footage from some recent online matches. If you can tell me what is still, and what is not possible with air sai's in MKX from this video I would appreciate it, I think I covered about everything.

I may not be able to play for a couple days, so I appreciate any information to tied me over.

Thanks

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Do you know if in her Ravenous variation, the chain grabs hit blocking opponents. For example her hop will start a combo on a crouching opponent?

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Do you know if in her Ravenous variation, the chain grabs hit blocking opponents.
Just the overhead grab. The mid grab get's blocked, though since it's only -6 (I think), it can be a better alternative to end some of her blockstrings with that grab rather than the last hit of the string.

I've been grinding out
123~bd4,b3~dd3~bf1,f23~db4~bb3~dd2 (Ravenous)
From one of the earlier videos, I'm sure someone can translate my notation for people that don't get it, it's like 36% no meter. You can substitute an X-ray after the first b3 if you want an extra five percent, but it's semi strict and a waste of meter >.>

Last edited:

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Just the overhead grab. The mid grab get's blocked, though since it's only -6 (I think), it can be a better alternative to end some of her blockstrings with that grab rather than the last hit of the string.
Ah damn, so then the opponent really doesn't have much of a reason to block low yeah?

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
So far my main bnb, piercing combo
21xxroll njp b12 1+3 dd2 = 27% a low combo
21xxMBroll nij b12 1+3 dd2 = 29% creates a meaty low to quick overhead.
I condition the fight by using my 21u3 string and occasionally 21xxbf3 the results have been fantastic

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
So far my main bnb, piercing combo
21xxroll njp b12 1+3 dd2 = 27% a low combo
21xxMBroll nij b12 1+3 dd2 = 29% creates a meaty low to quick overhead.
I condition the fight by using my 21u3 string and occasionally 21xxbf3 the results have been fantastic
After messing with the lab, all the enders should be replaced with b21 2+4.
21xxroll NjP b21 2+4 28%
21xxmbroll njp walk a little b21 2+4 = 31%

Kal

<3
Not sure if people are like me and dislike combo (kombo?) videos being posted without notations, so here's the one for this video that was posted in the YT comments. It does NOT include the JIP:

123~bd4,b3~dd3~bf1,f23~db4~bb3~dd2
I'm like you, I hate when that happens. Thanks for the button inputs.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Piercing only combo
It has a overhead starter and a low in it before the roll.
F3,4,4 roll, njp, b1,2 1+2. 35% damage
I'm trying to get the dd2 for the extra stabs but still missing the timing. I think it can get to 38-40% with the extra stabs.

Extra stabs only nets you an extra 1%. Boo

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm like you, I hate when that happens. Thanks for the button inputs.
That's because some people approach combo threads like they're bragging contests and not so much sharing knowledge / learning. I mean visual aids are awesome and can be really helpful but I haven't memorized animations enough to sight recognize combo strings on a day old game.

Here is my results from an hour or so of training mode.

36% 1 bar (35% without JIP) piercing variation. Works mid-screen and in the corner. They are basically the same, but in the corner you do the run under to keep the opponent cornered.

My apologies for not showing inputs. I'm playing on the glitched out PC version right now, and I can't change my button mappings without crashing the game....and I honestly don't know which buttons are 1-2-3-4 at the moment with my button mappings jacked. (I'll add the inputs here in a bit when I get back home and have a few mins to sort out the mappings).

F12B4, ex TK, air sai, F23 xx roll, B21, 2+4. Piercing 40% 1 meter. Add njp after air sai in th. Corner.

F343, TK air sai, roll, B21, 2+4. Piercing, 39% overhead starter, meterless.

All of these can be done from F343, F34, 21, or F12B4 starter

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
That's what I keep doing, but I'm starting to get the muscle memory now. Just takes time. Imo she has some of the most stylish combos in the game, loving her!
Yeah her combos really kickass. To be honest, she might not be as strong as other top characters in MKX, but Imo she has best character design / voice actor / personallity in the game. I haven't got my hands or her yet, because Im in a lab with Kenshi. But as soon as Im done with him I'll go with Mileena.

Gonna grind the shit out of Mileena/Kenshi.