What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Rodrigue without JP, how hard/easy it is to mixup into a good low string/roll with Mileena? How's her low starters? Is she any better when it comes to "getting in for that roll" than she was in MK9? More option I guess.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
@Rodrigue without JP, how hard/easy it is to mixup into a good low string/roll with Mileena? How's her low starters? Is she any better when it comes to "getting in for that roll" than she was in MK9? More option I guess.
21 second hit is low 12 on start up and -6 on block
B21 also hits low on the second hit and is 15 on start up and -5 on block.
These strings are pretty decent and catch a lot of people off guard.
She also has f12b3. The b3 hits low and can be followed up by MB telekick or roll ball.
f4 hits low but it's -29 on block.
Her only overhead option is f4 which is 32 on startup but f4 can be followed by 2 strings, one of them hits mid while the other hits low but both punishable on block.
Note that all of her strings are not hit confirmable into roll ball but you can always MB the roll for more mix ups since it hits overhead first.

engel556

Purple People Eater
i have a feeling anyone who doesnt properly MU is going to get seriously punished if they try to MB roll of one of those strings

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Note that all of her strings are not hit confirmable into roll ball but you can always MB the roll for more mix ups since it hits overhead first.
Wait are you saying that none of her Low ending strings can't be connected with a regular roll?

GregHouse007

Noob... Saibot?
Found a 36% into standing
I know that in MK9 it was better to end combos with neckbite to avoid wake ups but last night in the stream they were saying that in this game if you have no meter you can't wake up... so I don't think that ending combos with opponents standing is going to be that useful.

Also if she can only do 36% meterless and 41% with one bar then she isn't really that impressive. She could do 37% and 41% in MK9 and she had a very low damage output in that game.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
21 second hit is low 12 on start up and -6 on block
B21 also hits low on the second hit and is 15 on start up and -5 on block.
These strings are pretty decent and catch a lot of people off guard.
She also has f12b3. The b3 hits low and can be followed up by MB telekick or roll ball.
f4 hits low but it's -29 on block.
Her only overhead option is f4 which is 32 on startup but f4 can be followed by 2 strings, one of them hits mid while the other hits low but both punishable on block.
Is her overhead safe on block if you don't mind me asking?

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I knew that she would be relatively unsafe as well. I'm just wondering if she has good ways to stay safe & play the neutral game. I'm relatively new here btw, a SF & DOA tournament player looking to play offline & get more involved in the MK Kommunity. I know @SonicFox5000 @Perfect Legend, 16 Bit, CDjr., Rico Suave, & Pig of the Hut. Met them offline & chilled with a few of them. Long time fan of MK. Began with MK1, but got my 1st very own copy of MKII to Sega Genesis. Studied the games from before. Wanted to wait for the newest MK since MK9 was already in its last stage. Happy be a part of it. Nice to meet you all. :)

EDIT: Sorry for not introducing myself before. I just got curious & hyped about using Mileena & Kitana, trying to see which one suits me to specialize with.

Last edited:

GregHouse007

Noob... Saibot?
Kinda expected that
Yeah, she was very unsafe in MK9 too and has always been like that. But he had no problem playing her in that game for the mayority of the matches, in this one he had to go to Erron Black to feel comfortable and had to learn him in two days (not saying he "knew" how to play Mileena in MKX but he was probably more familiar with her than with anyone else and only had 2 days to prepare). Maybe she is way too unsafe this time to be relevant. I mean she was already low tier in MK9 :/

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Yeah, she was very unsafe in MK9 too and has always been like that. But he had no problem playing her in that game for the mayority of the matches, in this one he had to go to Erron Black to feel comfortable and had to learn him in two days (not saying he "knew" how to play Mileena in MKX but he was probably more familiar with her than with anyone else and only had 2 days to prepare). Maybe she is way too unsafe this time to be relevant. I mean she was already low tier in MK9 :/
Her design and playstyle always screamed unsafe to me but that's kinda part of her charm. It would be nice if some of her stuff was safe but if not we just have to work with what we've got and do what we can.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
We gonna see soon, 1 more day guys.. 1 more day.

Even if she really is unsafe/ low tier - im gonna main the shit out of her along with Kenshi/SZ and probably Ermac

Ahh... I still dream about the day when her roll will hit low...

TheGabStandard

Already tried it. She doesn't reach when she leaps forward. It would've been a higher damage into standing as well
So tried your combo out and it turns out you can land b2,1,2+4 as the ender but timing is VERY tricky. It adds up to 40% with a knockdown and 42% if you start with a ji2. Will upload a video tomorrow

Last edited:

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Thank you to the ones that have uploaded the combo videos so far. You have no idea how long I have been waiting to get confirmation on a Teleport Kick to Air Sai.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Can some tell me if she has a good mix up game. Any tricky 50/50s
No she's no way near the level of 50/50 char since she has shitty low and slow low strings, no real low starters.
Her roll hits mid, so opponent can just continue blocking high. And like I said - her low enders are slow and can be read.

Sonic Fox also said she is one of the most unsafe chars in the game. So here you go.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Her being unsafe is fine, she was never all about the 50/50's to begin with. Mileena's all about baiting out an opponent's mistakes through sheer aggravation or lack of options.

One thing I'm excited about is that it looks like her oki game from MK9 is still intact, and made even better when you consider her Ethereal variation. Also, if her strings are unsafe and hard to hit-confirm we now have an option (again, in Ethereal) to keep the opponent on their toes should they try to counter poke against her myriad of teleports.

Us Mileena players will be putting in work. Don't you worry ;)

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Is her bite viable in ravenous? I haven't really heard much about it.

Is it a good ender?

GregHouse007

Noob... Saibot?
One thing I'm excited about is that it looks like her oki game from MK9 is still intact, and made even better when you consider her Ethereal variation.
But the oki game doesn't seem to work in here like it did in MK9. In MK9 you wanted to avoid knocking down opponents to prevent them form waking up because of those invincibility frames on wake up, but in this game the players in that exhibition tournament said that you need meter to wake up, and if you have no meter, all you can do is block and guess like every other character.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
But the oki game doesn't seem to work in here like it did in MK9. In MK9 you wanted to avoid knocking down opponents to prevent them form waking up because of those invincibility frames on wake up, but in this game the players in that exhibition tournament said that you need meter to wake up, and if you have no meter, all you can do is block and guess like every other character.
I know that, but Mileena still has her teleport dirt. She does an amazing job of baiting out wakeups with or without the opponent having meter. Normal wakeups not being invincible just make our job that much easier.

TheGabStandard

I am assuming her insta air sais are gone in MKX, if anyone knows for sure?
They are there but they are difficult to perform. It seems you can't do jumpback forward + 1 like in MK9 , you have to jump/jumpback and then do the bf1 motion for sai. I've done some practice on neutral jumping and can get instant sais to hit about 4/10 right now. I haven't tried it jumping back yet but will probably be harder to do.