What's new

Mileena Buffs Suggestions

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
so u think ex bite shouldnt scale on much as a combo ended?

how would the xray being a overhead count? like would like if she could get a roll after that knee

as i said im not too pushed on the ex tele being overhead on 2nd hit, would u think this would still be fair if the adv from follow up air sai stays the same?
I ment buffed, her :ex neck bite should raise the damage on combos.

Her :x being overhead would make it a better footsie tool, and something to watch out for in her rushdown.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah i got some interesting shit for Kabal. I feel like out of all the characters I'm good with Mileena is the best choice. I have a good KL too. I'm levelling up my KL as well but I think Kabal rapes KL. Sonya/Kabal is not winnable. That MU is so fucked up.

But back to what you were saying. D+1 is dumb. It should be like +1 or +2 on hit. Armor on neckbite and it being neutral on block would be the best buff for her. It being neutral still isn't bad because of how slow her strings are. She couldnt even really follow up with anything. The extelekick overhead is just a wishlist or something she should get for justifying her not having armor.
interesting eh?...im interested.
yea she'd be my go too for kabal also,kabal vs baraka in a tourny, no thanks

yea im not saying making it neutral aswell as the armor would be too much, just that id be happy with just the armor,sure normal neckbite is 0 on hit so making the ex version 0 on block wouldnt be anything major

Death

Noob
Her :x being overhead would make it a better footsie tool, and something to watch out for in her rushdown.
Damn that xray buff would be a really good buff and if they made it safe as well. That would really improve her footsie game for sure. She always has meter too.

1man3letters

I ment buffed, her :ex neck bite should raise the damage on combos.

yea a bit of extra damage to her combos wouldnt go a miss, using meter in her combos doesnt add too much either unless your doing b3~ex roll and even that doesnt add on that much

yea see what u mean on footsies tool, there waiting for you d4 and they get xrayed, same in the rushdown, another reason too block high while mileena had 3 bars

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Does Mileena really need a buff? I'm not against them, just curious. Can't she go toe-to-toe with pretty much everyone? In theory, she doesn't seem to have much bad MU's if any.

1man3letters

Does Mileena really need a buff? I'm not against them, just curious. Can't she go toe-to-toe with pretty much everyone? In theory, she doesn't seem to have much bad MU's if any.
imo yes she does.
no bad MUs? cage,sonya and kenshi are all 3-7, she has a few 4-6s aswell imo

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I think Tele kick into sai should jail everyone standing but be less advantage like +2 on block as well as be +1 after a d1. Ex telekick should also jail.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
1) Armor on EX Neckbite and make it neutral on block
- Even though its safe armor and neutral it still wouldnt matter. Mileena fastest string is 13 frames. She couldn't start any kind of offense from it being blocked. It also does 11% damage and kicks the opponent full screen where she wants them to be.
2) Make D+1 +1 on hit. Right now this move is useless.
4) Damage buff. Possibly 3-4% more on her BnBs
For your first idea, i'm kinda going back and forth on this. The problem is that she still has her Roll attack.

I like the second idea. Giving her a better D1 would definately help.

The damage buff would be nice. Right now Mileena isn't built to punish very hard. She needs to work hard for respectable damage.

Going back to what I said about EX Telekick buff earlier...is that the biggest issue is with the 2nd hit as an overhead and being able to do an air sai that's +8. That's pretty much guarantees 3 hits every time you do an EX Telekick, not to mention a free throw opportunity. (a FREE 4% chip with advantage! :mad: ) You would be making her too safe, that's all i'm saying...

Death

Noob
No bad MUs? I wish. 3-7 vs Cage/Kenshi/Sonya. 4-6 vs Jax/Kung Lao/Smoke/Sub-Zero. Thats 7 bad MUs and 3 of them are 3-7s. Kabal/Raiden could be 4-6 as well.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
No bad MUs? I wish. 3-7 vs Cage/Kenshi/Sonya. 4-6 vs Jax/Kung Lao/Smoke/Sub-Zero. Thats 7 bad MUs and 3 of them are 3-7s. Kabal/Raiden could be 4-6 as well.
imo yes she does.
no bad MUs? cage,sonya and kenshi are all 3-7, she has a few 4-6s aswell imo
My apologies, I don't know much about Mileena. I guess I didn't really think she did cause everyone I use she goes even with or her favor. (Liu, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Scorpion)

1man3letters

For your first idea, i'm kinda going back and forth on this. The problem is that she still has her Roll attack

Going back to what I said about EX Telekick buff earlier...is that the biggest issue is with the 2nd hit as an overhead and being able to do an air sai that's +8. That's pretty much guarantees 3 hits every time you do an EX Telekick, not to mention a free throw opportunity. (a FREE 4% chip with advantage! :mad: ) You would be making her too safe, that's all i'm saying...
her roll doesnt have armor so doesnt help with frame traps because it has 11 frames of startup before it becomes active on the 12th.

i think death was saynig if the telekick buff happened the adv on a blocked air sai would be decreased to stop that happening

Death

Noob
For your first idea, i'm kinda going back and forth on this. The problem is that she still has her Roll attack.

I like the second idea. Giving her a better D1 would definately help.

The damage buff would be nice. Right now Mileena isn't built to punish very hard. She needs to work hard for respectable damage.

Updated the OP. Your right about the ex telekick. I tried justifying by taking the ADV away but it is too good. The third suggestion is changed and Very very reasonable.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I personally would like the roll to have more priority.
I agree with all your buffs except the last one. I feel her damage is fine.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
her roll doesnt have armor so doesnt help with frame traps because it has 11 frames of startup before it becomes active on the 12th.

i think death was saynig if the telekick buff happened the adv on a blocked air sai would be decreased to stop that happening
Her roll does lower her hitbox though...gets past high projectiles...and yeah, less advantage on the EX telekick buff although i'm still not for it.

1man3letters

thank fuck someone is finally saying radien vs mileena isnt 5-5 100%.
ive felt for a good while radien has adv in this MU, he punishes harder, can near shut down her zoning/frametraps, has armor, much better corner game,has good enough footsies to play footsies game with her

do u really think the sub match has gone to 4-6 now with the new ways to keep her in corner and punish the telekick?
yet again another MU that would be helped by armor on ex neckbite

Death

Noob
thank fuck someone is finally saying radien vs mileena isnt 5-5 100%.
ive felt for a good while radien has adv in this MU, he punishes harder, can near shut down her zoning/frametraps, has armor, much better corner game,has good enough footsies to play footsies game with her

do u really think the sub match has gone to 4-6 now with the new ways to keep her in corner and punish the telekick?
yet again another MU that would be helped by armor on ex neckbite
Sub is tough. I think slight disadv. But I dont believe in .5s. IMO i think slight disadv in this game is 4-6. I can also see Skarlet potentially being a bad MU.

1man3letters

Sub is tough. I think slight disadv. But I dont believe in .5s. IMO i think slight disadv in this game is 4-6. I can also see Skarlet potentially being a bad MU.
yea i know your not a fan of .5s, personally i like them.
yea i could see what u mean about skarlet, mileena cant punish her tele which is really annoying and of course ex red dash.
not too sure on how much mileena low hitbox helps her against skarlet either,i play the baraka/skarlet MU more than i do with mileena.

damn reo why did u have to get 2nd at evo with her,you stopped the buffs :REO

Death

Noob
yea i know your not a fan of .5s, personally i like them.
yea i could see what u mean about skarlet, mileena cant punish her tele which is really annoying and of course ex red dash.
not too sure on how much mileena low hitbox helps her against skarlet either,i play the baraka/skarlet MU more than i do with mileena.

damn reo why did u have to get 2nd at evo with her,you stopped the buffs :REO
Yeah Skarlet is really tough. Punishing her Teleport is really weird. Only a 1 frame window i think. Cant really D+4 cuz of her armored dash. The only thing I notice about Skarlet players is that they have a hard time punishing her telekick/ex telekick online cuz of how hard Skarlet is to use. Im confident offline they will punish her shit for big damage.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Skarlet online closer to 5-5 though i still think slight favor to skar
Offline Skarlet owns mil she has an answer to most if not all of mileena's gimmicks

BTW i definitely think she needs buffs just as bad as Sin still needs buffs. But in all seriousness this game is balanced in Brokeness. So, if the buffs don't make the character broken they do not help.

1man3letters

Yeah Skarlet is really tough. Punishing her Teleport is really weird. Only a 1 frame window i think. Cant really D+4 cuz of her armored dash. The only thing I notice about Skarlet players is that they have a hard time punishing her telekick/ex telekick online cuz of how hard Skarlet is to use. Im confident offline they will punish her shit for big damage.
yep her tele is -14 so there a 1 frame gap to punish with 11,roll.
ive heard before punishing with just roll depends on the stance even though theres a 2 frame gap, never tested to see if true though.
yea id say that was a online thing alright

1man3letters

Skarlet online closer to 5-5 though i still think slight favor to skar
Offline Skarlet owns mil she has an answer to most if not all of mileena's gimmicks

BTW i definitely think she needs buffs just as bad as Sin still needs buffs. But in all seriousness this game is balanced in Brokeness. So, if the buffs don't make the character broken they do not help.
yea id love sindel to get her armored ex cartwheel like she was meant too,would really help her

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
mileena...... buffs?

what the fuck am i reading?

edit: overhead xray AND damage buff? -7 on a blocked xray? way way way over the top.