What's new

Question - Piercing Mileena anti airs???

Can someone please tell me what moves to use with Mileena to anti air with in piercing. And when someone is jumping in your face is neutral jump punch the best anti air option?

Thanks

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Anti-airing with roll isn't that easy to do really, so you could always use D2 Spurious. Mileena's is very good and should do well enough.

loogie

Noob
Here is the thing with her anti airs..

b12 is beaten by some jump attacks like kotal's jip1, scorp jik3, etc.. so be mindful of those

roll is good if they are doing a forward jump attacks, since there is recovery on landing if they whiff the attack (1,2,3,4 or whichever) BUT if they do an empty jump forward the timing for connecting roll is slightly different, because the recovery is much much less so they can block your roll on landing if you mistime it. and you are eating a hefty punish.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Can someone please tell me what moves to use with Mileena to anti air with in piercing. And when someone is jumping in your face is neutral jump punch the best anti air option?

Thanks
B1 for far jump ins
Roll for closer jump ins and cross ups.
U3 or D1 for cross ups or D3 to low profile a cross up jump (sometimes it has tricky timing).

NJP is a good air to air as well but if in doubt in any situation, just D2 :)

TheGabStandard

because its so much slower and riskier than just rolling
and nah i meant b12 not just b1
b1 isnt as bad but still if you misjudge the distance...
I haven't seen anyone do B12 as an anti-air. B1 for sure but the full string as an attempt to anti air sounds way too risky to try.

As for B1 as a standalone anti air it is quite easy to get the correct distance for it to work effectively

Mileena's anti airs are super good. Jumping against her is kind of a bad idea. D1, D1 roll, dash under roll, just roll, B1,U3 into oki, EX U3, NJP, TK, EX TK, and now from full screen you can IAS and then run into roll.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Im surprised people think roll is a good AA. I get hit out of it almost anytime I try to AA with it. Maybe my timings bad?

B1 is good but if in range B3 leads to the most damage.

If nothing else her D2 will beat out most jump ins which is why I use it the most.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Has noone seen that GODLIKE uppercut video Mileena has?
I won a game, about a week ago, from pretty much the damage of all the uppercuts I got from anti airing.
That video is no lie..You can uppercut someone with Mileenas back. LMAO.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
You can also catch them with a teleport into sai into full combo, Mileena have so many tools for AA.

TheGabStandard

Im surprised people think roll is a good AA. I get hit out of it almost anytime I try to AA with it. Maybe my timings bad?

B1 is good but if in range B3 leads to the most damage.

If nothing else her D2 will beat out most jump ins which is why I use it the most.
Roll is a pretty good AA but you do have to do it a bit early to beat jump ins

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
What sort of damage does she get from B3?

Using U3(mb) you can get 39% for a bar. Does she do MORE damage from an anti-air?

Depends on the jump in. (Kung Lao's J2 for example used to be an issue.) Also, jumpkicks generally beat Roll like always. It's not the "godlike AA" some people have said it is. It is decent for crossovers, using the reverse input, as well.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Has noone seen that GODLIKE uppercut video Mileena has?
I won a game, about a week ago, from pretty much the damage of all the uppercuts I got from anti airing.
That video is no lie..You can uppercut someone with Mileenas back. LMAO.
:D