What's new

Midscreen JIP combo full cast damage compendium

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ya it's not stance specific and it's a pretty reliable bnb.
If you wan max dmg into reset that's not as reliable but still doable with lot of practice it would be
JIP B21F2, NJ punch, slight dash kiss, f22~ms cancel, dive kick~21~cartwheel, B21F2, 112~MS which does 51%
What is the number of frames to link to the dive kick? It has to be tight and not worth the extra 3-4%, no?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Ribbz - i dont play sonya, but i play online against a guy from another country every day (us - northern ireland connection), and he lands that combo on me 9 out of 10 times. My guess is that given those connection conditions, its probably not too tight of a window. I wish he dropped it more. Lol.

Edit: i just looked at the combo again and thats not the one he does so disregard my post. Im not sure of the wundow.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
GGA Jeremiah

Just to correct this one
Skarlet= 52% (jiP, B2/D.Slash >> U3, 2>/R.Dash/ D. Slash >> 3/R.Dash/ U.Slash >> 23/R.Slide)

the correct one is
Skarlet= 52% (jiP, B2/D.Slash >> U3, 3>/R.Dash/ D. Slash >> 3/R.Dash/ U.Slash >> 23/R.Slide)

Here is the vid by TylerLantern

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
What is this thread for? Just a survey/fun fact sort of thing? Scorpion technically has a higher BNB from a JIP but it includes guaranteed chip, but then looking at Cage I guess that doesn't count lol

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
What is the number of frames to link to the dive kick? It has to be tight and not worth the extra 3-4%, no?
Unfortunately it's a double just frame. You must cancel the ms the first frame possible and you must do a perfect 10 frame dk afterward. For some reason I find it easier to do in the corner.. I can do it pretty reliably in the corner but not midscreen. Either way though.. you are right the risk/reward is not worth it at all.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
The other thread died? The Lao combo was

Jump in punch, delayed tele 3, 21 spin, Jump kick dive kick, 1, instant air dive kick, 2 4 1+3 (jip, tele 3, 21 spin, jk dk, 1, dk, 24 1+3) 45%

To landing the 2 solo is easier, but it's extremely difficult to hit confirm. People having trouble with the 21, it doesn't link smoothly like every other combo. You kind of have to force the inputs after you land the 3 at max hight.

ColeTrain

Never been to a tournament. Stuck in NY
Sonya has better bnb's for both 51 and 48. Not sure who to give credit to but they are obviously well known I would believe

While this isn't max damage off an jump punch starter I have a good alternative bnb with Quan chi that is a bit easier to land consistently. It does 3% less than the max one listed but is much easier to land every time in my opinion.

Jump started b21, dash, b21, dash b11, trance, js f122+1 (41%) does a bit less than the bnb listed here but personally I barely ever land the one listed here and just use this one as an alternative.

Honestly a few of the others seem impractical to me but I'm not the greatest at doing combos so I suppose some people could do it but the #1 criteria for a bnb to me is that you should be able to land it 9/10 times. If it's something even skilled players can't land at least most the time it's not really a bnb.

Last edited:

SpineRip

Noob
I'm pretty new to MK9, but are some of these only doable when the opponent is in the corner?
Liu Kang= 40% (Jip, b3,1,2, b3,1,2, b3,1,2, f2,4, Bicycle Kicks)
I cannot find out how to do this one when they're not in the corner to save my life... after the first b3,1,2 the opponent gets knocked horizontally to the opposite side of the screen. I don't see how a kick to the shins for the next b3 could possibly land.

I also couldn't do scorpion's "1" after the jump kick, teleport... The reach is just not far enough and I don't have enough time to dash and then do it. I wonder if this one can only be done in the corner as well?

Last edited: