What's new

Midscreen HTB Reset Updated: 1 bar/ Gapless/ Trait Buildup

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I mean I am backdashing before all that. If you get a backdash off it resets the freeze timer.
Idk man the ooonly time you can backdash is if you delay the f2 at the beginning. I've been testing it and testing it. You could be right. Can you post a vid?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Did I get the notation right?

12-db3(MB), forward-trait, step forward, NJ1-3-df2, step forward, f2-db3, step forward, f2-db2.. then gets re-frozen.. b3, Ji3, b232-db2

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I'm actually skipping the neutral jump 2 just to not mess it up. this is legit. even when blocked you still get the dmg/value off MB db3.
Actually I just realized that if you do n1jp into standing 3, it will leave you at perfect distance and you can do f2 right away so it becomes an overhead low

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Did I get the notation right?

12-db3(MB), forward-trait, step forward, NJ1-3-df2, step forward, f2-db3, step forward, f2-db2.. then gets re-frozen.. b3, Ji3, b232-db2
Yea but just note you don't have to step forward for the first f2. And after the db3 it's easier to just dash in and do d1 wall

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Idk man the ooonly time you can backdash is if you delay the f2 at the beginning. I've been testing it and testing it. You could be right. Can you post a vid?
I'm getting windows to backdash after the overhead low portion. I am just recording the setup and mashing backdash the entire time against it. Doesn't matter if I slight walk f2 wall or dash d1 wall at the end. I've only tested against Harley though.

RiBBz22

I think you're doing it wrong man. I'm testing it and they literally freeze riiiiiight after the blocked wall. No chance to backdash. It's after they get hit with the low right?
Sorry meant before I do d1 wall. I made sure I got the tightest d1 out of the dash

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I'm getting windows to backdash after the overhead low portion. I am just recording the setup and mashing backdash the entire time against it. Doesn't matter if I slight walk f2 wall or dash d1 wall at the end. I've only tested against Harley though.
Same here. I can backdash after the HTB.

RiBBz22

I'm having better luck doing this. I can only backdash the gap in F23 at the end.

Yeah I've set it up multiple ways and it was all escapable after backdash. Save your precious snow globe for the corner imo

EDIT:

I set it up a few ways this morning again where the OH and Low hit on the same frame so in that case you can just block and backdash after for free. When you delay the f2 in order to get the HTB you can backdash after you block either option and before the dash d1 wall or f2 wall.

Last edited:
This is pretty tbh.! But i have a question... most of the setups that i have found with CC, relies on his trait but what is your plan to have it charge in order to achieve those setups? With a competent opponent is extremely difficult cause' as soon as they see your intentions they will be over you. Besides that if you take them to the second life bar... Boom Clash bye bye trait.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Man I really wish you guys could show me where they're back dashing because for me the only spot they can back dash is if I delay the initial f2. Did you guys try dash in d1 wall after HTB. Also they have to get hit by the HTB obviously for it to work

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Man I really wish you guys could show me where they're back dashing because for me the only spot they can back dash is if I delay the initial f2. Did you guys try dash in d1 wall after HTB. Also they have to get hit by the HTB obviously for it to work
I second this. Not getting the backdash either. Anyone have a video of that?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This is pretty tbh.! But i have a question... most of the setups that i have found with CC, relies on his trait but what is your plan to have it charge in order to achieve those setups? With a competent opponent is extremely difficult cause' as soon as they see your intentions they will be over you. Besides that if you take them to the second life bar... Boom Clash bye bye trait.
If they have to come to me. Literally just backdash and put down mb ice puddle and charge. I've found that against characters like dark seid/ firestorm/ etc. with high projectiles, I'll build trait in between projectiles and just neutral duck theirs.

I'm no captain cold expert though. Just picked him up this week

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Starter is not 12 db3 it's 21 or b21, 12 doesn't combo and it can be seen in the last video as well.

Also, since 90% of the time you get f23 freeze as a starter, it's insanely hard for some reason to get a clean non crossup jumpin into standing 3 from the range it leaves you at. you can't backdash or front dash because you don't have time, you just have to step back perfectly and jumpin j1. If you don't do it perfect, he will block it.

So, I've just skipped it alltogether and from the f23 starter i just grenade and walk to him to do 3 icicle, works like a charm.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Starter is not 12 db3 it's 21 or b21, 12 doesn't combo and it can be seen in the last video as well.

Also, since 90% of the time you get f23 freeze as a starter, it's insanely hard for some reason to get a clean non crossup jumpin into standing 3 from the range it leaves you at. you can't backdash or front dash because you don't have time, you just have to step back perfectly and jumpin j1. If you don't do it perfect, he will block it.

So, I've just skipped it alltogether and from the f23 starter i just grenade and walk to him to do 3 icicle, works like a charm.
Yea the jump can be tricky off of f21 punish. Just dash in and 3.. This would
Work much better if people jumping in on a mb puddle would restand