What's new

Midscreen HTB Reset Updated: 1 bar/ Gapless/ Trait Buildup

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

I think I finally did it. After hours of looking for a viable Midscreen reset, I think I've finally found something promising.

You can make it low over head or oh low depending on your f2 timing. They can't back dash. And even if they block all the mids, it will refreze for a total of about 65-70% damage.

If this has been found, I apologize In advance.

Edit:
Here is another version I came up with that allows for 2 bars of buildup during the reset. It's 100% Gapless so no backdashes.. Enjoy

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Btw, you should test this by putting the AI on auto-jump just to make sure it is gapless. This is looking great right now.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Seems like there is a ton of windows to backdash out of this. Are you sure you can't backdash the setup??

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I was about to give up but with these tools he haaaaad to have a HTB Midscreen reset. Also you don't have to go for the HTB. You can do f21 let the icicle drop for plus frames and do another string into ice wall and it will reset. It does a little less damage but still around 55%

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You have to wait a split second before doing the f2 into ice puddle after the doing standing 3 into iceicle. They will be able to back dash but they'll still get hit. And if they try to back dash or jump after the f2. They won't be able to because of the icicle.

The only way out of this is push block

RiBBz22

I recreated the setup and I am pretty sure nothing is different at all and I am back-dashing out. I tested with a j2 lead in and just a raw 3-icicle after the freeze. I tested it blocking the icicle and again blocking the freeze. Could backdash either. I was using Harley in training.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I recreated the setup and I am pretty sure nothing is different at all and I am back-dashing out. I tested with a j2 lead in and just a raw 3-icicle after the freeze. I tested it blocking the icicle and again blocking the freeze. Could backdash either. I was using Harley in training.
What part are you back dashing? To my knowledge you can only backdash if you block the HTB

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
ahhhh mistimed it. has to be overhead then low(puddle) to get in the F2 ice or dash in D1 > wall.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I can still dash it man (after d1~wall), maybe I am doing something wrong but it looks identical.
I think you're doing it wrong man. I'm testing it and they literally freeze riiiiiight after the blocked wall. No chance to backdash. It's after they get hit with the low right?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
For the smaller characters it's trickier to get the overhead low. You have to do the standing 3 max distance
I'm actually skipping the neutral jump 2 just to not mess it up. this is legit. even when blocked you still get the dmg/value off MB db3.

RiBBz22

I think you're doing it wrong man. I'm testing it and they literally freeze riiiiiight after the blocked wall. No chance to backdash. It's after they get hit with the low right?
I mean I am backdashing before all that. If you get a backdash off it resets the freeze timer.