What's new

MFSlayer asks a question we can all appreciate

In the fighting game scene, the lore that draws us in can be many things including the games, the players, rivalries that begin. At the end of the day or even as years pass, if you ask who your favorite player is, who would that be?

That's the very question that MFSlayer asked his community... who would you say?

Scott Naylor

Comments

Gonna go completely rogue here - these aren't my favorite players, but players I was always super hyped to watch in IGAU1 era: Wonderchef and Pimpimjim, for their repping of Shazam in a dark world of Zod, Batgirl, and MMH.

Best Kitana of all time, except maybe Mr. Mileena.

The CD Brothers as a unit get my vote, because I don't think there will ever be another team in our NRS universe that brings the power and the chaos like they did, that led to so many other doors opening for the scene.

Twelve years later, CD Jr VS Tyrant in the Jax Mirror at MLG Anaheim is still my favorite set of all time.

Infiltration - All-Round
DetriotBallin - MK
PokChop - Tekken
oMASTERo - DOA
xMyGodx - KI
Luffy - SF

When it comes to personal impact - RunwayMafia - I've said this several times & even messaged him on PSN about this: Without RunwayMafia, I would not be as dominate of a Jade player I became in MK9. I've learned so much from his videos & how he played especially his defense & merged it with my own style of play to make it completely unique.

Infiltration - All-Round
DetriotBallin - MK
PokChop - Tekken
oMASTERo - DOA
xMyGodx - KI
Luffy - SF

When it comes to personal impact - RunwayMafia - I've said this several times & even messaged him on PSN about this: Without RunwayMafia, I would not be as dominate of a Jade player I became in MK9. I've learned so much from his videos & how he played especially his defense & merged it with my own style of play to make it completely unique.
Detroit's Shang... never forget.

Detroit's Shang... never forget.
More like Detroit's everything.

Dude was a top Shang & Kabal, even a top Ermac.

When I read idiots say shit like "every player played the character the same" & "Erik Warda & REO played the same" in a thread a few months ago, doesn't know what fuck they're talking about & Detroit is a good example of that. Detroit has his own playstyle as he didn't play Shang like Cowboy, he didn't play Kabal like REO or play Ermac like Seven, Detroit played those characters so differently with a such a rawness & aggressiveness that you didn't really see from any other player & have that level of success in that era & time (except for maybe xMyGodx) but what he has is he can play 3 drastically different characters at such a high level. Also his MK9 & UMK3 playstyle is exactly the same.

@NoDoubt is my favorite player of all time. He is also the best UMK3 player of all time hands down until proven otherwise lol, From 2011-2022 he won every single UMK3 tournament held. He retired in 2022 with the greatest win streak of the games entire history. 100% greatest UMK3 player of all time, plus he can Sing and do the VocalFry and he can Sew also.

Oh and also he never tried to have Sex with any of the players, which in todays day and age means a lot.

Last edited:
@Revy

I'm very proud to have been able to not only stream this event from my phone at the time, but also capture this callout!

@DetroitBalln @Shock

Oh man what a time capsule! On deck my match vs noobe. So many great matches happened here. My favorite part of this event was when pools were called and names were called and the crowd cheered on for the big names. Meant a lot to me because the scene was so young, most of these names had never faced each other before!

@NoDoubt is my favorite player of all time. He is also the best UMK3 player of all time hands down until proven otherwise lol, From 2011-2022 he won every single UMK3 tournament held. He retired in 2022 with the greatest win streak of the games entire history. 100% greatest UMK3 player of all time, plus he can Sing and do the VocalFry and he can Sew also.

Oh and also he never tried to have Sex with any of the players, which in todays day and age means a lot.
+1

The MK9, Injustice pre SonicFox was indeed a great scene to watch. MKX had EU players besides Foxy who were great to watch. Ninjakilla later on came and made things interesting again imo. Hard to pick just one, but I'd say Ninjakilla currently. Anyway, what happened tp Reo?