What's new

Tech MeterBurn Venom Tech

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I found this out while screwing around with Doomsday. Basically, MB Venom can catch people waking up after a hard knockdown, but it can be blocked straight, although it looks like a crossup when it hits. The good news is you are +6 if they block, so it doesn't really matter. This tech is really good in the corner, because it makes the opponent face the other direction on block, which gives you frame AND positional advantage. Venom also reverses their wakeups, and it's much safer than raw dashing. The two hits of armor blows up most wakeups, so that's usually out of the question.

@Noobe
@Eldriken
@Tm_whiteboi
@GGA Saucy Jack
@MastererBetty

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So did you do it with someone like Frost or Bane who have invincible wake-ups?
It looks like it should OTG, but a lot of people have the ability to wake-up from stuff like this.

E

Eldriken

Which is why I used the word MOST. I know damn well Bane does not care.
Bane does what he wants more often than Doomsday does. I need to start practicing with him. That would net me all the Internet tears in the world. Main Doomsday AND Bane? That's a recipe for salt. >=D

Also, thanks for the tech. I've got something I want to try with this since it's off of a hard knockdown. I'll get back to you momentarily.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Which is why I used the word MOST. I know damn well Bane does not care.
It doesn't OTG. It just hits them with armor on their wakeup.

But yeah it isn't an OTG or they wouldn't be able to wake up at all.
This. The term "OTG" refers to them being hit while on the ground, which prevents wakeups from coming out and MUST be blocked.
That said, this looks like it will throw some people off with how to wakeup against it if they aren't familiar with the tech.
Good stuff, just clarifying :)

E

Eldriken

It doesn't OTG. It just hits them with armor on their wakeup.

But yeah it isn't an OTG or they wouldn't be able to wake up at all.
Yeah, I was getting ready to post that.

This DOES however seem to make some wake ups that you can reverse but still get hit by not hit you at all. I say "some" because I haven't extensively tested it against all the characters in the game, but I DID test it on Flash.

Normally, in the corner, if you hit Flash with an Earth Shake and try to reverse his Lightning Uppercut with a forward dash, you will get hit by it despite it being reversed. However, if you do a regular Venom after a HKD to reverse it, you don't get hit at all and are free to do whatever you want afterwards.

I'm going to continue testing this on other characters. It obviously won't work on the likes of Black Adam, Wonder Woman and other characters with 360 degree wake ups.

Also, you can do this off of a 112 string as it causes a HKD. It seems to be far more effective if you do the 112 on an airborne opponent as it causes a longer HKD. So, you could 123, 112 and then go from there.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Yeah, I was getting ready to post that.

This DOES however seem to make some wake ups that you can reverse but still get hit by not hit you at all. I say "some" because I haven't extensively tested it against all the characters in the game, but I DID test it on Flash.

Normally, in the corner, if you hit Flash with an Earth Shake and try to reverse his Lightning Uppercut with a forward dash, you will get hit by it despite it being reversed. However, if you do a regular Venom after a HKD to reverse it, you don't get hit at all and are free to do whatever you want afterwards.

I'm going to continue testing this on other characters. It obviously won't work on the likes of Black Adam, Wonder Woman and other characters with 360 degree wake ups.

Also, you can do this off of a 112 string as it causes a HKD. It seems to be far more effective if you do the 112 on an airborne opponent as it causes a longer HKD. So, you could 123, 112 and then go from there.
Thats good for flash. Do you think therea a chance we finally get the mid-screen wakeup reversal out of this? Seems real close..

E

Eldriken

Thats good for flash. Do you think therea a chance we finally get the mid-screen wakeup reversal out of this? Seems real close..
Hm...I'm gonna go see what I can figure out. Some wake ups being reversed midscreen would likely work in the opponent's favor, however. Like Flash's wake ups or other wake ups that move the character quite a good distance.

Edit: Nah. Doesn't work since you push them while they're down by using Venom.

Doomsday does have somewhat of a wake up reversal miscreen anyway. Off of a sweep you dash forward and do a neutral body splash. It's kinda insane, really. It's like a triple cross up wake up reversal. Bane and Doomsday are both capable of this.

It can stuff pretty much every wake up in the game except for Bane's Venom Uppercut. If you time it right, it even stuffs Batgirl's Smoke Bomb. The timing on it is rather different versus the rest of the cast, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
This. The term "OTG" refers to them being hit while on the ground, which prevents wakeups from coming out and MUST be blocked.
That said, this looks like it will throw some people off with how to wakeup against it if they aren't familiar with the tech.
Good stuff, just clarifying :)
Thanks guys.

E

Eldriken

Thanks guys.
You deserve thanks as well, dude. I find it easier to reverse wake ups with this and with a little more experimenting and such, who knows what else we can do with it?

I was in the lab with this a bit ago and found if you time the MB part just right on Batgirl's cartwheel wake up you can either reduce the amount of hits you take before hitting her to 1 or not get hit by it at all.

Hell, being able to completely screw Flash out of his wake ups in the corner now is a plus in my eyes. I hated that his wake ups came out fast enough to hit me after I reversed them with a forward dash. Now? Pft.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You deserve thanks as well, dude. I find it easier to reverse wake ups with this and with a little more experimenting and such, who knows what else we can do with it?

I was in the lab with this a bit ago and found if you time the MB part just right on Batgirl's cartwheel wake up you can either reduce the amount of hits you take before hitting her to 1 or not get hit by it at all.

Hell, being able to completely screw Flash out of his wake ups in the corner now is a plus in my eyes. I hated that his wake ups came out fast enough to hit me after I reversed them with a forward dash. Now? Pft.

Do you think this is strong enough to change how bad the Flash matchup is?

E

Eldriken

Shouldn't be hard to MB Venom him to the corner on block with the 3 bars you'll be getting from 1 trait combo :DOGE
True. It is kinda ridiculous how much wall carry it has even on block. d1~MB Venom > d1~MB Venom = their back against the wall.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Depends on the character's hit box and how long their wake up animation/recovery is.

At work still..dammit. Can you see if this gets us out of NW staff spin? I would LOVE that.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
This has been a thing forever. I don't even. It hits cross up though, not OTG. My bad guys Noobe probably found this out the second the game came out.