What's new

Belial

Noob
I've analyzed last 5 big post-patch tournaments (4 War of the Gods and NEC) and did a spread-sheet on all characters used throughout top16. It may not be the most accurate, but its objective since its numbers only and its a good start for people to look at "who do i play to win".

Tier 1 - Is represented at top-8 more than once while played by at leat 2 ppl / Made top 3 more than once played by one player.
Batman, Black Adam, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Hellboy, Flash, Supergirl

Tier 2 - top 8 regulars even if counterpick-only OR made top 3 once
Dr.Fate, Black Manta, Wonder Woman

Tier 3 - top 16 regulars, rarely hit top 8 mark
Darkseid, Cheetah, Blue Beetle, Atrocitus, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Red Hood, Poison Ivy, Robin, Superman

Tier 4 - dont get top 8, sometimes hit top 16
Bane, Braniac, Firestorm, Green Lantern, Starfire, Sub Zero

Tier 5 - never made top 16
Aquaman, Black Canary, Cap Cold, Cyborg, Deadshot, Grodd, Joker, Swamp Thing

I also represented this as a "point system", awarding 40 for top 3, 20 for top 8 and 10 for top 16
290 - Catwoman
240 - Flash
180 - Hellboy
170 - Black Adam
160 - Batman
100 - Scarecrow / Supergirl
80 - Wonder Woman
60 - Atrocitus / Darkseid
50 - Blue Beetle / Cheetah / Fate / Red Hood / Superman
40 - Sub Zero / Robin / Black Manta
30 - Green Arrow / Firestorm
20 - Braniac / Green Lantern / Harley / Poison Ivy
10 - Starfire / Bane
0 - Aquaman / Black Canary / Cap Cold / Cyborg / Deadshot / Grodd / Joker / Swamp Thing

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Wait, I could've sworn Rewind just won a War of the Gods with Wonder Woman. Shouldn't she be in the first category then?

Belial

Noob
Lol OMG i automatically put him as CW/Flash player. totally forgot he played WW last tournament :\ fixed it, she is now tier 2 and 80 pts score

Last edited:

Belial

Noob
If you link me those tournaments I can re-calculate stuff. Though isnt Northern Arena Canadian only and 40ppl tournament? Is it a good idea to include it?

Belial

Noob
I mean the qualifier were going on for a few weeks it had strong competition with Hayatei Gunshow Bio Honeybee
I dont know which tournaments is that, do you mean Northern Arena? Its not hard to add it but it looks like a small local (Canada) tournament. Such tournaments usually only hold about 8 or less good players meaning it will make statistics more random in a sense.

I dont know which tournaments is that, do you mean Northern Arena? Its not hard to add it but it looks like a small local (Canada) tournament. Such tournaments usually only hold about 8 or less good players meaning it will make statistics more random in a sense.
true true but seeing as the best firestorms are Canadians that don't usually go to other major it was the only real occasion to see him and you can see the stream here: top 16(https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210022108) top 4(https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210318028)

seems about right but firestorm has been getting more representation than that i think you should check some other tourneys.

to be fair this system doesnt really take into account the amount each character is played amongst the majority of players so there could be some inconsistencies however competitive players will usually stick to the characters they feel are good for them to play.
honestly like this and feel that it more closely relates to how i look at balance of the game.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
So either:
A. Nobody cares about Raiden which is why he's not on any list.
B. Raiden is bad enough to not make it on any list.

As one of five people that used to be excited for Raiden, rip.

---

Besides that though thanks for this post Belial, I haven't been following the competitive scene lately so this gives me a nice frame of reference for character representation in top 16s. Appreciate the effort.