What's new

Tech MB Venom Uppercut

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How is playing a set going to solve anything? Either you can punish the MB VU or you can't. Tbh after watching all of the videos, it seems like qwark Is just cherrypicking instances where you can punish it, but those are often the situations that a good Bane would never throw a VU out. (Like when he isn't venomed up)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How is playing a set going to solve anything? Either you can punish the MB VU or you can't. Tbh after watching all of the videos, it seems like qwark Is just cherrypicking instances where you can punish it, but those are often the situations that a good Bane would never throw a VU out. (Like when he isn't venomed up)
So MB reverse zoidberg will not punish any VU other than lvl3 one?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
You're not even doing what I'm doing in my own vid. Why would bane do a MB uppercut from jump distance?
At maximum distance, the MB part of VU goes from -8 to +13, meaning not only can you not punish it, but Bane gets free pressure after. It's not something to rely on consistently, but good to throw out every once in awhile, especially in the corner where the opponent can't back away.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Question. Would Harley be able to at least beat out the level 1 venom using her D 2? It hits twice. Was kinda curious about that after reading this thread. If not then better just block those uppercuts instead of doing something fancy.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Question. Would Harley be able to at least beat out the level 1 venom using her D 2? It hits twice. Was kinda curious about that after reading this thread. If not then better just block those uppercuts instead of doing something fancy.
No she cant because her d2 causes her to stand up, forcing her into the hitbox of the Vupper

lorenzo

Noob
The venom uppercut have sets punishes. You can d2 a venomless uppercut. At close and mid range distance you can foward dash it, you can back or f3, and you can parry the overhead after you block the rising part.

It just like any other moves, you can punish at most situations, if you know the punish. But at some instances the move will be safe.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
No prob. Also she may not be able to d2 him out of it, but she can forward dash out in between the first and second hit(or reversal silly slide). She cannot do this if the Vupper was done outside of point blank range.
I figured reversal silly slide would be an option against it in some cases but was hoping for to be able to do that 23% combo in between. xP

Am I the only person who has problems getting this MB to work? Online it seems like it never comes out, especially on wiff. Am I doing something wrong or what?

haketh

Noob
Forgot, how quickly does it recover if you MB F3 Dash cancel? At that point can't characters like BA punish with 6 Frame D1s?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Forgot, how quickly does it recover if you MB F3 Dash cancel? At that point can't characters like BA punish with 6 Frame D1s?
No, honestly by that point though you can just punish it normally with a 6 frame d.1 on block. If you MB dash cancel the dropkick will still land and it'll still be armored.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
So while Qwark is being confusing by not being clear nor showing it in his video, you actually can punish MB VU at any venom charge on reaction if you block it.

Max actually showed this to me when I was at GGA, but after the first hit you can MB B3/F3 and eat the dropkick then punish. For some reason the venom buffs do NOT apply to the dropkick and the armor disappears once the drop kick hits you (Also the drop kick will never break armor, even at level 3).

@Qwark28 @Doombawkz

Where would you people be if it wasn't for me to clarify your collective derpness..

Qwark is saying: Its reactable, therefore punishable. By proxy not safe. Which is where he's getting his stance from.

Doombawkz: You're F3/B3ing it. I mean if you take any "safe (on block or hit)" move and you toss a well timed MBf3/b3 (insert armored move here) its no longer safe. And thus not ground breaking tech.

They're both right in some fashion. Its just that tunnel vision though.