What's new

Tech MB Venom Uppercut

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Things to note:

Venom Uppercut on block is -6 to -8

There is at least a 15f gap between the uppercut and the MB overhead, meaning that you can dash out, uppercut or MB F3 it ( character dependent those 2. )

Any uppercut that raises your upper body hurtbox will not work ( Grundy, GL ), you can MB F3 though in the case of Grundy ( f3 11 MB swamp hands ) and perhaps GL.

MB venom uppercut is not safe and it is punishable on reaction, no matter the version.

Can a mod change title to MB Venom uppercut?

First post updated with a vid on punishment.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There is at least a 15f gap between the uppercut and the MB overhead, meaning that you can dash out, uppercut or MB F3 it ( character dependent those 2. )

Any uppercut that raises your upper body hurtbox will not work ( Grundy, GL ), you can MB F3 though in the case of Grundy ( f3 11 MB swamp hands ) and perhaps GL.

MB venom uppercut is not safe and it is punishable on reaction, no matter the version.

Can a mod change title to MB Venom uppercut?
Some characters lack the dash to safely move out of the range of it.
You can't uppercut it because it has armor.
You can Mb f.3 anything he does, or most anything anyone does with armor on it.

Joker's uppercut can't punish it from mid-screen, only in the corner where the stagger no longer comes into play.
Joker can d.1 it but thats a 6-frame move, and the move is -6 on block sooo yeah.
This is both inbetween the upper and dropkick, and after the dropkick on block.

You can whiff punish it, but you can whiff punish anything in this game.

Your point is irrelevant and also incorrect. I should probably make a video showing it, but theres not much point.

I like making videos so I made one anyways

I think I go over the "I d.2 you for 35%" and... well, plain to say there was no 35% combo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're not even doing what I'm doing in my own vid. Why would bane do a MB uppercut from jump distance?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And not to mention, MB F3 still works on non lvl 3 uppercuts, we trade a bar just so I can full combo you and get rid of your venom.

Uppercut vs non venomed VUs

MB F3 venomed ones.

My point still stands, this move is NOT safe.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You're not even doing what I'm doing in my own vid. Why would bane do a MB uppercut from jump distance?
You're right. For one, I used venom. As to the distance, it wouldn't matter because the armor would exist from any distance. If anything, doing it from jump distance ensures you aren't in blockstun so you can give it a true d.2 (failed) attempt.

Better question is: Why would I bother to VU you without venom on?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're right. For one, I used venom. As to the distance, it wouldn't matter because the armor would exist from any distance. If anything, doing it from jump distance ensures you aren't in blockstun so you can give it a true d.2 (failed) attempt.

Better question is: Why would I bother to VU you without venom on?
Why would you venom uppercut from jump distance at all?

I don't care what you're saying, point is that this move is punishable. Everytime I have meter I have the option of punishing this, if you do a yolo wakeup uppercut I can punish that as well.

And feel free to do them from jump distance, it's not like it'l whiff or is reactable or anything.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
And not to mention, MB F3 still works on non lvl 3 uppercuts, we trade a bar just so I can full combo you and get rid of your venom.

Uppercut vs non venomed VUs

MB F3 venomed ones.

My point still stands, this move is NOT safe.
Grats, you restated what I said in my first post in this topic.

No competent Bane would do a non-venomed VU outside of wake-up where we have invuln.

Mb f.3 beats pretty much everything that has armor and isn't level 3 venom, so thats irrelevant too. The move isn't any less "safe", its "counterable" but thats like saying that any move in the game barring supers aren't "safe" because you can just MB f.3 them.

Soooo no, your point has been doomed because basically what you ended up with wasn't "this move isn't safe" but "you can counter the armor". Good job, you can do that for anything. This isn't profound.

By the by, Joker can't backdash the VU MB and be safe. Figured I'd let you know.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why would you venom uppercut from jump distance at all?

I don't care what you're saying, point is that this move is punishable. Everytime I have meter I have the option of punishing this, if you do a yolo wakeup uppercut I can punish that as well.

And feel free to do them from jump distance, it's not like it'l whiff or is reactable or anything.
Thats not the point, I did it to example a d.2 colliding with only the drop-kick without worrying about trying to get it out in the blockstun of VU. Both ways fail, but I figured I'd accent the d.2.

Grats, every move in the game barring supers is "punishable". Every wake-up you have, even the +5 acid blossom, is "punishable". VU is just like every other move in the game. Good job.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Been paying attention to this for a while.

Instead of the snide comments, I suggest this be settled in a set. Forum disagreements never go anywhere, the only way to settle who's right is to play the game.

For the time it's taken to write all these replies, you could have had a long set by now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Grats, you restated what I said in my first post in this topic.

No competent Bane would do a non-venomed VU outside of wake-up where we have invuln.

Mb f.3 beats pretty much everything that has armor and isn't level 3 venom, so thats irrelevant too. The move isn't any less "safe", its "counterable" but thats like saying that any move in the game barring supers aren't "safe" because you can just MB f.3 them.

Soooo no, your point has been doomed because basically what you ended up with wasn't "this move isn't safe" but "you can counter the armor". Good job, you can do that for anything. This isn't profound.

By the by, Joker can't backdash the VU MB and be safe. Figured I'd let you know.
This move is not safe because it is punishable on reaction due to having a huge gap, it is not safe on wakeup and it is not safe within jump distance where you were doing it in your own vid...

Counterable on reaction = not safe.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Thats not the point, I did it to example a d.2 colliding with only the drop-kick without worrying about trying to get it out in the blockstun of VU. Both ways fail, but I figured I'd accent the d.2.

Grats, every move in the game barring supers is "punishable". Every wake-up you have, even the +5 acid blossom, is "punishable". VU is just like every other move in the game. Good job.
The whole point of this arguement came from your posts about venom uppercut being safe. it is not, it is punishable on reaction, whiff and block. end of story.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The whole point of this arguement came from your posts about venom uppercut being safe. it is not, it is punishable on reaction, whiff and block. end of story.
Its mostly safe on block, which it is. I never said it was completely safe, but you said you could d.2 punish it (which you can't), backdash (which Joker can't) and Mb f.3 (which can beat anything barring supers).

So your entire point is what, the move is unsafe because you can Mb f.3 it? Everything is "unsafe" in that way, so you don't really have a point. I could do VU from point blank and you still wouldn't be able to d.2 or backdash it, and you still wouldn't be able to punish it on block with anything barring d.1.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Well this thread went downhill immediately...

Even though Doombz was pointlessly being a douchebag about it, he is right. No competent bane would do this without armor unless they were using it to punish a jump, doing it in a set up where it crosses up, or if they didnt respect their opponent at all. Outside of that, why are both of you fighting to be right so hard that you are willing to make yourselves look stupid. Why not just say "oh you are right, when he has venom up I cant d2", why even make a video if you cant even block low and tap 2 in between the first and second hit of Vupper(made yourself look stupid in a video attempting to make someone else look stupid lol).

I dont know why playing it out would change any argument here. Just because someone wins a set doesnt change the fact that you cant d2 it with armor, it doesnt change the fact that joker could punish it. It will only decide who was playing better at the time since there isnt a way to see consistency. If anything you two should play so you can just get some mutual respect for each other and not act like children on the forum. Also dooms doesnt consider himself any good so its not surprising he doesnt want to play

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I actually did say you admit that you can't D2 when he's venomed, that's why I mentionedmb f3 in my posts.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Even though Doombz was pointlessly being a douchebag about it, he is right.
If people are going to question my knowledge or say I don't know my mechanics, I'm not going to be nice or merciful when I show them they are wrong. If he wants to say he can d.2 it for a free 35% combo, I'm not above proving it wrong. If he wants to say you can backdash it, I'm not going to pretend that everyone from Ares to Grundy can't dash out of range in time to avoid the hit.

Mercy is wasted upon those whom deny it to themselves. I might not be the most loved person on the site, but I refuse to let misinformation about my character become even more rampant than it already is.

Been paying attention to this for a while.

Instead of the snide comments, I suggest this be settled in a set. Forum disagreements never go anywhere, the only way to settle who's right is to play the game.

For the time it's taken to write all these replies, you could have had a long set by now.
pretty much lol

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yeah Qwark you let this thread turn into an argument lol.
Though Doom thinks he knows everything about bane, not to say he doesn't know his bane though.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah Qwark you let this thread turn into an argument lol.
Though Doom thinks he knows everything about bane, not to say he doesn't know his bane though.

I don't think I know everything about Bane. I do, however, know all that is known thus far.