What's new

Video/Tutorial Mayo presents - The Science of Catwoman: Punishing Midscreen and Corner

webreg

Noob
I`m afraid that would make these videos over 25 minutes long and that would really test people`s patience.
Well, maybe I'm just too old but for me this would be the perfect length for a well produced video like this with solid information. Granted, I wouldn't want to watch a Tom Brady mobile phone cam video for half an hour even though it contains valuable information. But you might be right that the attention span for the average fighting game player barely reaches beyond the 10 minute mark.

I love your videos man, the quality is almost unrivaled, the information is very well-explained, and your choice of music is so very suiting and ambient. I hope you continue this series because you are STB!

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
And I was just cutting Mayo from my diet (sorry, had to)

I've been meaning to really get into Injustice (been unmotivated so far due to life things) and this seems like a great entry point for myself. I'd played the story, arcade, a few combos, but not to this extent.

Thanks Mayo, this is amazing!!

Justice

Noob
I know this is one hell of a nekro-bump, but I'm having some issues with the timing for the first kombo in this vid. When I try to do the 112 after the B3, J3 I get 12 instead. I think I'm trying to start the last string too early but I'm having troubles finding the right timing when I land to start the 112 and have it come out. Also, doing this I found out that you can end that kombo with 12xxCS3 and it will do the same damage with 1 less hit in the counter (9 hits instead of 10).

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I know this is one hell of a nekro-bump, but I'm having some issues with the timing for the first kombo in this vid. When I try to do the 112 after the B3, J3 I get 12 instead. I think I'm trying to start the last string too early but I'm having troubles finding the right timing when I land to start the 112 and have it come out. Also, doing this I found out that you can end that kombo with 12xxCS3 and it will do the same damage with 1 less hit in the counter (9 hits instead of 10).
You are doing it too early. The first hit of 112 is not coming out because of j3's long recovery so you just get (1)12. Wait til the opponent is knee level when falling to attempt the 112 after j3. Trust it will hit.

Justice

Noob
You are doing it too early. The first hit of 112 is not coming out because of j3's long recovery so you just get (1)12. Wait til the opponent is knee level when falling to attempt the 112 after j3. Trust it will hit.
Thanks a bunch dood! I was up to landing it 4/5 times then took a short break and couldn't land it for shit after that lol I'll keep trying this :)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Thanks a bunch dood! I was up to landing it 4/5 times then took a short break and couldn't land it for shit after that lol I'll keep trying this :)
Hey Justice. Make your jp3 deeper. Don't rush it. Jump in the air, let yourself hang a bit, and hit them when you're pretty close to the ground. The jp3 will bounce them, and you'll be on the ground recovering, giving you plenty of time to start your string.

Justice

Noob
Hey Justice. Make your jp3 deeper. Don't rush it. Jump in the air, let yourself hang a bit, and hit them when you're pretty close to the ground. The jp3 will bounce them, and you'll be on the ground recovering, giving you plenty of time to start your string.
So don't hit it at the apex of my jump like normal? That's gonna take some getting used to....

Thanks for the tip! And thanks a ton for the wonderful work you did on this vid. Any chance of a post 1.06 update?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So don't hit it at the apex of my jump like normal? That's gonna take some getting used to....

Thanks for the tip! And thanks a ton for the wonderful work you did on this vid. Any chance of a post 1.06 update?
Probably not. But maybe around the one year anniversary I might put together something. I'm really focused on my album right now and not playing games.