What's new

[May 26, 2012] UK MK Supremacy Battle!! (Stevenage, Herts)

NKZero

Noob
Temjiin: hey man glad to finally meet you. Unfortunately we couldn't make the grand finals that were foreseen (stupid Raiden givin' us false info). Anyways shout-outs to the worst three sets in MK history. It was like watching MK9 day 1 online mode. Congrats on pulling through though. You have one tricky slimy bastard at your disposal. Maybe see you Monday?
Thead: thanks again for the car offer. Anyways epic showing with that Jade. Top 5 character? Hope to see you also if you come on Monday.
Zwooosh: hey man nice to meet you. Some tense matches we got going there until I went into full retard mode and picked NW. You were right I should have sticked with Sub. Ggs man and hope to play you soon for my icy runback :p.
floodie_: didn't really get to play you or talk to you but I saw that PL-like Kung Lao :).

Final shout-out to my cousin for being a total Arab dickhead as usual!

Also shout-outs to anybody that helped me with the shopping tier lists and match-up charts. Those Asda frame traps!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
sick day yesterday, Thead you are a fiend with that Jade, good games !

Temjiin good games, cancelling into telepunch on whiff blew my mind a bit, new tech lol.

NKZero STRYKIE good games too!

And i hope everyone who i played (and didnt get caged too hard) loved being reset, BenGmanUk We didnt play, but your time will come!

Great day, and hope you put another one on, and if you message me paypals i'll wire you the money that i dodged paying.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Shoutouts to A F0xy Grampa getting a first round bye.

HE NEEDS IT.

Thead for 3-0 ing me with Jade, that felt great! Massive thanks for the pickup and shoutouts to chewing off faces at raves.

smokey fanx 4 da resets! Seriously though, real good games.

OmegaK nice to play you offline finally. Disappointed with how those games went but you are clearly one of the best EU players.

floodie_ I was actually really impressed by your KL, you gave me real tough games.

NKZero we meet at last. Shoutouts to having crazy character knowledge with Sektor but not really being that good with him. We need a long set on Monday to at least show what we're capable of.

BenGmanUk You get the most shoutouts for your incredible hard work. We appreciate it so much.

GGs to everyone else I played.

Finally to all the doubters, fuck you all..... TOP 8 (I don't give a shit if there wasn't even 16 people attending) and EVO points. Come at me.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
NKZero - Scorpion vs Zone-only Kabal = 9 -1 Scorpion. #kappa

smokey - Extremely on point with those resets, was good to talk about how things went back at WGC too

Zwooosh - Okay yeah, I choked, you got me, but hey, I didn't play who you expected me too right? (CSZ and Steve..)

Flagg Temjiin Flightwolf - Good games in casuals.

Thead and Phosferrax - Thanks again for the lift and waiting for me, much appreciated, really need a new phone.. :(

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Great tournament guys, everyone there was pretty damn good 'cept for f0xy who is a complete and utter scrub.

BenGmanUk - Thanks for hosting to the tournament and letting me stay at your flat for 2 whole nights. It is much appreciated, probably would've been in a ditch if it wasn't for you. Shoutouts to Caroline too lol.

Albo - Good to see you again mate, in the few casuals we played I could tell your footsies had gotten a hell of a lot better since EGL. Keep sticking with Raiden, hes a tough one to win with I reckon.

Which brings me onto NKZero - He isn't top 5 damnit! :p thanks for coaching me early on man, I would've come dead last otherwise if your Jax hate hadn't inspired me. :D Hopefully we'll get to play again sometime in the future, I want to play your Sub Zero again, it certainly gave me a lot of trouble.

Phosferrax - You are now officially my rival. May we play tug of war with my soul for the rest of eternity.

Temjiin - It's a shame we only played in tournament, would've been cool to get some casuals in since that was the first time I had ever played you offline. I'll probably see you at PND at some point in the future hopefully. Dem DIAMONDZ!

Flagg - I hope you keep working on your stick gameplay, I certainly couldn't go through the process of learning a new way to play all over again. I'm sure once you get used to it the payoff will have been worth the hard work.

Zwooosh (aka f0xy jr.) - Dat shirt. #SWAG. You're a very talented player, once you learn the Jax matchup you will rip me apart haha.

Flightwolf - Nice to see someone playing Quan Chi, if anything for the salt ridden faces people pull everytime they get hit by an EX Rune. :p GGs man.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Thead - Damn shame we didn't get to play :( Was cool to finally meet you though man, your Jade looked devastating offline. I'll be sure to get some games in the next time we meat.

smokey - You were resetting people left right and centre lol, hopefully next time we meet we'll get a chance to play, I dont have too much experience against Smoke so it should be a fun learning experience. :D

floodie_ - Sorry for damaging your car. Twice.

PuNkMAFIA - Was cool to see you come down and get some early casuals in with you.

STRYKIE - #Kappa. Next time we will play for sure.

BenGmanUk - I thought I'd give you 2 shoutouts to show my gratitude.

A F0xy Grampa - Free.

PND i2 Gaug3 - Good gam- oh wait...

Shoutouts to Nerfs.
Shoutouts to the Tesco - Asda matchup.
Shoutouts to Victory Skittles.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
smokey - You were resetting people left right and centre lol, hopefully next time we meet we'll get a chance to play, I dont have too much experience against Smoke so it should be a fun learning experience. :D
Ive not got much experience vs jax offline, 100% resets what we all about though so hopefully we should be able to get a game in soon, grats on 2nd place aswell, foxy's cage is always an unfavourable matchup.

Flagg

Noob
Awesome day guys.

Despite a humble turnout, the competition was super high.

OmegaK, like we discussed yesterday, the ideal "pad" would be one of those frankenstein pads. I much prefer a depad to a stick but I prefer the sanwa buttons to pad buttons. Ces't le vie! Your Jax has gotten really good as well. You very much play a "thinking mans" Jax, despite the dirty 100% corner shit :p

Everyone is above average imo, but @@Phosferrax really has become quite a force now.

Temjiin, yeah I think I had a touch of the nerves cause my Ermac was garbage yesterday, wish I used Freddy against my last opponent :s think I might look into Nightwolf or Kenshi.

NKZero, I still think CSZ vs SZ is a 5:5.....AT LEAST! I'll try and see if I can get down for Monday, will you be around the following monday at all?

Right now I feel like CSZ is the only character im strongest with, the rest of my pocket characters are really average at best.

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
BenGmanUk - Cheers for organising this man it was a sweet first experience for an offline event. Hope you didn't notice the smell from my bag too much. :p

STRYKIE - Runs away from baby, babies others. Seriously though GG man shame we didn't get any casuals in.

Phosferrax - More skulls bro. You're so solid can't wait to play you again without my controller being bitchy :)

smokey - Had a lot of fun during our games, including the cage raging ;). Hope to play your smoke again.

NKZero - Longest matches ever. Well played sir, that matchup is a bitch both ways.

Thead - Making jade look sick, ggs in tournament and casuals man.

Albo - Sick raiden dude, really like your b3 spacing and patient game.

@A F0xy Grampa - Thanks for making me pick up sonya [ban incoming].

Flagg

Noob
That's a shame at NKZero. Haha, didn't realise your cousin was there yesterday, but congrats to you and yours in Jordan mate.

I feel that the next UK/EU tournie there is, if we can both make it, maybe a little money match to settle it :p

NKZero

Noob
That's a shame at NKZero. Haha, didn't realise your cousin was there yesterday, but congrats to you and yours in Jordan mate.

I feel that the next UK/EU tournie there is, if we can both make it, maybe a little money match to settle it :p
I didn't expect you'd see him there because he was a dick :p. He just wondered off into the pubs I guess lol. Yeah man I could do a money match for sure :).