What's new

Guide Max Damage Meterless Combos

AlexDuck

Skarlet Noob
B2,DF3,B2 x U3 -- 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,4 -- 48% {Assist: fr stack}
Hi, I am new here and have recently started learning Skarlet (PC, using Razer Sabertooth controller). I am curious if it's still possible to do "-- 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,B2" part of this combo? I was never able to land the second down slash, so I do just B2,DF3,B2 x U3 -- 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3, -- drop combo. Opponent just falls too fast on the ground no matter what I do. I am able to land F2 instead here, but I want a down slash. The reason I'm asking if it's possible still, because usually I am just not able to do some new stuff consistently, but here no matter what I do, I was NEVER able to land it even once :(. Probably I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hi, I am new here and have recently started learning Skarlet (PC, using Razer Sabertooth controller). I am curious if it's still possible to do "-- 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,B2" part of this combo? I was never able to land the second down slash, so I do just B2,DF3,B2 x U3 -- 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3, -- drop combo. Opponent just falls too fast on the ground no matter what I do. I am able to land F2 instead here, but I want a down slash. The reason I'm asking if it's possible still, because usually I am just not able to do some new stuff consistently, but here no matter what I do, I was NEVER able to land it even once :(. Probably I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You're most likely waiting too long between the first downslash and the dash cancel into U3 - you have to be extremely on point. The standing 2 in the first 2,DF3,B2 should be hitting the opponent when they're at/near head level of Skarlet. Landing the two 2,DF3,B2's in this combo is the most technical character in the game's most technically demanding combo.

I've done it but I could only ever get maybe 60-70% consistency with it on my hitbox. Godspeed to you.

AlexDuck

Skarlet Noob
You're most likely waiting too long between the first downslash and the dash cancel into U3 - you have to be extremely on point. The standing 2 in the first 2,DF3,B2 should be hitting the opponent when they're at/near head level of Skarlet. Landing the two 2,DF3,B2's in this combo is the most technical character in the game's most technically demanding combo.

I've done it but I could only ever get maybe 60-70% consistency with it on my hitbox. Godspeed to you.
Ah, yes, I've noticed there is always somewhat different height the opponent is when I do this. I didn't know it was the most technically demanding combo. Well, knowing that makes it even more interesting then. I will continue practicing it :)

Thank you for suggestions!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ah, yes, I've noticed there is always somewhat different height the opponent is when I do this. I didn't know it was the most technically demanding combo. Well, knowing that makes it even more interesting then. I will continue practicing it :)

Thank you for suggestions!
The dash cancel is #1 in terms of importance in nailing this combo - I would do the dash, hit block immediately to stop myself then hit U3 asap (if I recall correctly, it's been awhile). A close second in terms of importance is the timing on the standing 2 in the second "2,DF3,B2" string - it's strict timing.

AlexDuck

Skarlet Noob
So, weird enough I got this combo down, but, the reason it took me so long is very disturbing actually. It seems that it's impossible to get second downslash on a PC version. No matter how much and how hard I have tried. I can fairly consistently land 2 downslashes on Xbox 360 MKKE, but just never on a PC. So I guess there's that. Not that it's very critical as I'm trying to avoid this combo when playing online and do simpler stuff that ends with a 112 (fairly difficult to consistently get dash cancel - u2 - 2rd downslash with lag).