What's new

[Matchup Discussion] Cyborg vs. Superman living guide

UPDATE 9/14/2017
The "Strings" section has been updated as is near 95% completion. Special cancel gaps has been near completed. Also, info on heat zap and heat vision has been updated.

Update 9/15/2017
New update to special moves, adding frame data and what to on hit and block for heat vision, and super breath.

Last edited:
UPDATE 10/6/2017
Hooray! The "Strings" section in the OP is complete, and part of the "Specials" section has been updated as well. The health values for each character has also been updated. Can't believe this thread is almost done :D:D

I actually tested this at my local but if Superman does f23 trait into f23, Cyborg can backdash twice and avoid both part of the string. Thus you avoid chip damage all together. Obviously Supes has options for this, but still good to know. I'll upload it later

xMEECH

Dyslexic
D1 [6 frame startup/-3 on block/+12 on hit/ mid]
  • IF HIT: Any mid or low faster than 19 frames is guaranteed by Superman
Just thought I’d throw out there that, if superman lands a d1 and tries something slower than 12 frames or goes for a grab, you can grapple away. If he’s +5 for example, you can grapple away from anything he tries to do (unless of course he has trait on). So not everything faster than 19 frames is guaranteed.

Damn man. Good work. Wish i played cyborg after seeing this xD. Keep up the hard work your a benefit to the whole community

Just thought I’d throw out there that, if superman lands a d1 and tries something slower than 12 frames or goes for a grab, you can grapple away. If he’s +5 for example, you can grapple away from anything he tries to do (unless of course he has trait on). So not everything faster than 19 frames is guaranteed.
Good point. I always forgot about grappling through strings, a lot of time the armor gets broken when I try. I'm trying to go for a more general approach for the data to make it easier for beginners, so I might include it a separate section.

Damn man. Good work. Wish i played cyborg after seeing this xD. Keep up the hard work your a benefit to the whole community
Thanks man! It's been a struggle to make these. The next one will be scarecrow, I feel like I've been approaching the matchup wrong, and need to look at his overall tool set.

Thanks man! It's been a struggle to make these. The next one will be scarecrow, I feel like I've been approaching the matchup wrong, and need to look at his overall tool set.
Well we can all see its a labor of love and its gonna benefit everyone so its awesome taking the time to do it and put it up on here for everyone to see

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Did Supe's d2 get a buff or something.. was eating that a lot in a matchup last night

Also, his rising grab beating mb f3 is bullshit.. i'm pretty sure even his standing 3 breaks mb f3. Maybe i'm missing something but standing 3's don't beat mb f3 for everyone do they?

Did Supe's d2 get a buff or something.. was eating that a lot in a matchup last night

Also, his rising grab beating mb f3 is bullshit.. i'm pretty sure even his standing 3 breaks mb f3. Maybe i'm missing something but standing 3's don't beat mb f3 for everyone do they?
It seems like you may be unfamiliar with Superman's trait. While it is on, all his attacks break armor (anything he does while traited will beat mb f3). Untraited, neither standing 3 nor rising grab will beat out mb f3 (except in the case where rising grab makes the mb f3 whiff)

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Okay.. thought trait was just a damage boost. Wow thats pretty crazy

As @Mr_Aladdin_Sir stated, Superman's trait breaks all armor (even super armor) and gives an insane damage boost to all of his attacks and projectiles.

That reminds me, I need to include damage of Superman's projectiles when he has trait. He does insane amount of damage when he has it on, and I think it's best to wait it out when zoning than risking trades.

This mu is good for Borg b3 low profile f23 his iafb game should be utilized more in this mu
D3? And yeah i agree. IAFB and MB when you have about 2 or atleast 1 3/4 meter built so you can take advantage of the plus frames. But the IAFBs are the name of the game for this MU. Keep 1 bar ready for push block so you can reset that neutral when he gets in f23 range. FRUSTRATE HIM with the space ur controlling. You just have to watch for his dashups and lock him down with TA/trait once u have him knocked down full screen. Keep him from dashing by preemptively doing close TAs when possible.

Its def not a bad MU for borg besides when supes gets him in the corner and on wakeup

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
D3? And yeah i agree. IAFB and MB when you have about 2 or atleast 1 3/4 meter built so you can take advantage of the plus frames. But the IAFBs are the name of the game for this MU. Keep 1 bar ready for push block so you can reset that neutral when he gets in f23 range. FRUSTRATE HIM with the space ur controlling. You just have to watch for his dashups and lock him down with TA/trait once u have him knocked down full screen. Keep him from dashing by preemptively doing close TAs when possible.

Its def not a bad MU for borg besides when supes gets him in the corner and on wakeup

D3 low profiles f2

I literally just spam iafb in this matchup and occasionally throw in fireballs from higher up to catch him doing his jumping eye laser bullshit. Pushblock and run.

It's even or Cyborg wins.

I literally just spam iafb in this matchup and occasionally throw in fireballs from higher up to catch him doing his jumping eye laser bullshit. Pushblock and run.

It's even or Cyborg wins.
Yeah sad to say (but guilty pleasure) this is a mu where i enjoy fkn lame ass superman with iafbs. Like fk yo 1 string havin a$$! GET AWAY lol

I still struggle with this matchup since I don't have IAFB yet. I've gotten much better at them since making this thread, but in a local setting I still can't do them consistently.

If you have them, the superman matchup is way more manageable since superman's only option is to result to air laser which can be stopped very easily by Cyborg.