What's new

General/Other - Ninjitsu Massive ninjutsu buffs incoming

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I did nothing though, but it seems it hurts when Ninjutsu hits now, which is awesome.
You got exactly what you asked for. More damage and less scaling on b2.

Ninjutsu is incredible now. b32f2 got a damage buff and a stealth oki buff. It used to be negative on hit. b4 can stuff any wakeup the doesn't have invincibility or multi-armor, though it could actually already do this.

b4 got reworked. It now does 7% at tip range where it used to do 3%. It seems the only thing they did was move the stealth second hit to connect before the first hit, because the 7% would not chain into the 3%. The 3% is also now only 2%, but honestly who gives a shit.

I'm wondering if we no longer want to end combos with standing teleport. Ninjutsu has crazy good okizeme and juggling potential, and with the damage buff to his strings and the fact that he can't condition them to block high after a reset is pretty interesting.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You got exactly what you asked for. More damage and less scaling on b2.

Ninjutsu is incredible now. b32f2 got a damage buff and a stealth oki buff. It used to be negative on hit. b4 can stuff any wakeup the doesn't have invincibility or multi-armor, though it could actually already do this.

b4 got reworked. It now does 7% at tip range where it used to do 3%. It seems the only thing they did was move the stealth second hit to connect before the first hit, because the 7% would not chain into the 3%. The 3% is also now only 2%, but honestly who gives a shit.

I'm wondering if we no longer want to end combos with standing teleport. Ninjutsu has crazy good okizeme and juggling potential, and with the damage buff to his strings and the fact that he can't condition them to block high after a reset is pretty interesting.
Despites of me getting exactly what i asked for i don't see how this had to be an particular influence by myself along, Paulo do what he feels he has to do, i mean, look at Sub-Zero players, they cried for weeks about clone and other variations, they still got nothing.

But i think Ninjutsu is sexy now, the damage buff on his others strings are definitely a good buff too, he is still unsafe, but now when he hits you he will definitely hit as hard as he can to compensate from the footsie game he is allowed to play.

Now he an comeback from damage, get and control pace of the game with life lead, and frustrate opponents trying to rush a game into the setplay.
His walkspeed is still garbo, so if someone gets into the range of comfort he is still fucked, but now its a double edged sword for both and not a one sided game.

I haven't got the patch yet but from the patch notes:

B121 now deals 12%
212 now deals 12%
B2 no deals 7%
F2 now deals 9% or 10% damage
F4,2 damage buff i think it was a bit uncessary considered that already did a good chunk of damage, probably it was buffed to encourage the use of it more.
awesome.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Despites of me getting exactly what i asked for i don't see how this had to be an particular influence by myself along, Paulo do what he feels he has to do, i mean, look at Sub-Zero players, they cried for weeks about clone and other variations, they still got nothing.

But i think Ninjutsu is sexy now, the damage buff on his others strings are definitely a good buff too, he is still unsafe, but now when he hits you he will definitely hit as hard as he can to compensate from the footsie game he is allowed to play.

Now he an comeback from damage, get and control pace of the game with life lead, and frustrate opponents trying to rush a game into the setplay.
His walkspeed is still garbo, so if someone gets into the range of comfort he is still fucked, but now its a double edged sword for both and not a one sided game.

I haven't got the patch yet but from the patch notes:

B121 now deals 12%
212 now deals 12%
B2 no deals 7%
F2 now deals 9% or 10% damage
F4,2 damage buff i think it was a bit uncessary considered that already did a good chunk of damage, probably it was buffed to encourage the use of it more.
awesome.
Here's the real numbers, straight from my game.

212 does 14%
B121 does 14%
F42 does 14%
B32F2 does 15%
B4 does 9%, counting both hits.
B2 does 7%, and the scaling is reduced to 15%
F2 does 10%, the scaling after both hits is 24%

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Here's the real numbers, straight from my game.

212 does 14%
B121 does 14%
F42 does 14%
B32F2 does 15%
B4 does 9%, counting both hits.
B2 does 7%, and the scaling is reduced to 15%
F2 does 10%, the scaling after both hits is 24%
Dear lord that's awesome.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Wow, this is just excellent. Ninjutsu is a solid fair footsy character, and that's a huge rarity in MK. Not to toot my own horn but I did make suggestions to buff his meterless ninjutsu unique strings in my Ninjutsu tweaks thread :p Glad it was implemented as it was my main request.