What's new

Marvel Top 5 vs. DC top 5

Flagg

Noob
Wolverine and Superman are the two most boring characters in their respective universes. Their 'counter parts', ala Thor and Lobo are far more interesting and make for far better stories.

And The Punisher is easily the most tragic character written in a comic. The most badass character as well.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Wolverine and Superman are the two most boring characters in their respective universes. Their 'counter parts', ala Thor and Lobo are far more interesting and make for far better stories.

And The Punisher is easily the most tragic character written in a comic. The most badass character as well.

Whats the Punisher vs Deathstroke MU ?

Flagg

Noob
Whats the Punisher vs Deathstroke MU ?
Deathstroke is the guy that looks like Deadpool, right?

I remember reading a Batman comic yeeears back where he was fueding with Batman.

I dont know...Frank is a tank. The guy can also absorb an inhumane amount of punishment. The guy is also methodical in his prep work as well and utterly ruthless. I would have to read more on Deathstroke to form an opinion. I know Frank anticipated a fight with Daredevil once, and knew he was no match, but set up hidden sonic radios to mess with his hyper senses, then knocked the guy unconcious. He's also "out smarted" Wolverine, Spiderman and Daredevil when the three of them tried to apprehend him once.

Punisher has a lot of parallels with Batman I find. I would imagine a Deathstroke v Punisher MU would be similar to Deathstroke v Batman, but with more guns.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The Punisher is easily the most tragic character written in a comic. The most badass character as well.
This.

I dont know...Frank is a tank. The guy can also absorb an inhumane amount of punishment. The guy is also methodical in his prep work as well and utterly ruthless. I would have to read more on Deathstroke to form an opinion. I know Frank anticipated a fight with Daredevil once, and knew he was no match, but set up hidden sonic radios to mess with his hyper senses, then knocked the guy unconcious. He's also "out smarted" Wolverine, Spiderman and Daredevil when the three of them tried to apprehend him once.
And fucking this. The Punisher is seriously one of my favorite characters in Marvel. Possibly the second favorite, while first being the Hulk. Why ? All the guy wants is to be left alone. And yet they keep busting his balls ALL THE FUCKING TIME. WWH was seriously one of my favorite comics along with Marvel Civil War.

Flagg

Noob
Punisher has a lot of parallels with Batman I find. I would imagine a Deathstroke v Punisher MU would be similar to Deathstroke v Batman, but with more guns.
I quite like Batman, again, because he is just a normal human who uses his own prowess, wit and resources to do what he does. Frank is the completely dark side of Bruce Wayne.

One turned their tragedy into something good, the other turned it into a excuse to kill evil people for the next 30-40 years..

In a pure hand to hand situation, Batman would probably beat the Punisher, but if the Punisher knew Batman was coming for him, he'd figure something out to make the fight more even, or flat out so that he would win. The Punisher is not above fighting dirty or doing what it takes to achieve his goal.

Flagg

Noob
This.

And fucking this. The Punisher is seriously one of my favorite characters in Marvel. Possibly the second favorite, while first being the Hulk. Why ? All the guy wants is to be left alone. And yet they keep busting his balls ALL THE FUCKING TIME. WWH was seriously one of my favorite comics along with Marvel Civil War.
I love this character so much! lol if he appeared in a fighting game, I would hands down main him from the start, regardless of how bad or good he was.

Did you read the Punisher MAX comics? They were so fucking good.... Garth Ennis really knows how to write that guy, but Jason Aaron who took over afterwards did a really good job as well.

I dont read many comics now, but I remember the character Magneto. Probably the best villian ever. But HOW MANY TIMES has he threatened the world? How many times have the Avengers or X Men had the chance to get rid of the guy once and for all but carry on giving him chances. Yes in the financial sense, keeping Magneto around makes comic sales, but Frank Castle wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through Magnetos head if given half a chance.

For anyone that likes really dark, gritty stuff, pick up the trade paperback 'The Punisher: The Slavers'. One of the most intense, emotional and brutal comics ive ever read. The end quote "dont come back here" still chills me to the bones.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I love this character so much! lol if he appeared in a fighting game, I would hands down main him from the start, regardless of how bad or good he was.

Did you read the Punisher MAX comics? They were so fucking good.... Garth Ennis really knows how to write that guy, but Jason Aaron who took over afterwards did a really good job as well.

I dont read many comics now, but I remember the character Magneto. Probably the best villian ever. But HOW MANY TIMES has he threatened the world? How many times have the Avengers or X Men had the chance to get rid of the guy once and for all but carry on giving him chances. Yes in the financial sense, keeping Magneto around makes comic sales, but Frank Castle wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through Magnetos head if given half a chance.

For anyone that likes really dark, gritty stuff, pick up the trade paperback 'The Punisher: The Slavers'. One of the most intense, emotional and brutal comics ive ever read. The end quote "dont come back here" still chills me to the bones.
Tbh with you i havent read many Punisher comics, just what i ve seen from the movies, they were good actually, and some cameos of the Punisher. The reason i like that character is because the way he is represented makes him really realistic. The things he has experienced can pretty much happen to anyone. Anyone can be the Punisher in the real life.