What's new

Marvel Top 5 vs. DC top 5

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This was inspired by the Goku vs. Superman thread, someone suggested it so I'm going through with it being the nerd I am and loving discussion lol. What I'm going to do is take votes on who everyone thinks the top 5 strongest are from each side, and then we can decide who fights and what not as well as who wins. I will make the list according to which characters get the most votes on people's lists. This would be my personal top 5 for each side (Ranked in order):

DC
1) Flash
2) Superman
3) Wonder Woman
4) Martian Manhunter
5) Apollo

Marvel
1) Thor
2) Hulk
3) Black Bolt
4) Dr. Strange
5) Magneto

SZSR

Noob
Wow i've never even heard of Apollo before but dang, he should be a DLC character, he sounds pretty cool.

(Also I agree with Tottery, it's not even fair with Superman)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I don't think it's fair to take the most powerful from each side, I think it's more fun to have certain battles and try to see who would realistically win. Otherwise we could be talking about gods vs gods lol.

The battles in the crossover were
Aquaman vs Namor
Elektra vs Catwoman
Flash vs Quicksilver
Robin vs Jubilee
Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
Thor vs Shazam
Batman vs Captain America
Spiderman vs Superboy
Wolverine vs Lobo
Storm vs Wonderwoman
Superman vs Hulk

I dunno why Spiderman vs Superboy would be even close to a fair fight lol but those are some interesting matchups that would be cool to look at.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Wow i've never even heard of Apollo before but dang, he should be a DLC character, he sounds pretty cool.

(Also I agree with Tottery, it's not even fair with Superman)
Apollo is pretty fucking rad dude lol, I don't think a lot of people will agree with me on the choice though.

Briyen

Noob
This was inspired by the Goku vs. Superman thread, someone suggested it so I'm going through with it being the nerd I am and loving discussion lol. What I'm going to do is take votes on who everyone thinks the top 5 strongest are from each side, and then we can decide who fights and what not as well as who wins. I will make the list according to which characters get the most votes on people's lists. This would be my personal top 5 for each side (Ranked in order):

DC
1) Superman
2) Flash
3) Wonder Woman
4) Martian Manhunter
5) Apollo

Marvel
1) Thor
2) Hulk
3) Black Bolt
4) Dr. Strange
5) Magneto
if we go by reboots then superman is pretty depowered and i like him that way, and if marvel has the reality bending phoenix on their side it's going to be harder, Avengers versus Justice League seems like a more fair fight then ANYONE hahah so many OPs

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't think it's fair to take the most powerful from each side, I think it's more fun to have certain battles and try to see who would realistically win. Otherwise we could be talking about gods vs gods lol.

The battles in the crossover were
Aquaman vs Namor
Elektra vs Catwoman
Flash vs Quicksilver
Robin vs Jubilee
Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
Thor vs Shazam
Batman vs Captain America
Spiderman vs Superboy
Wolverine vs Lobo
Storm vs Wonderwoman
Superman vs Hulk

I dunno why Spiderman vs Superboy would be even close to a fair fight lol but those are some interesting matchups that would be cool to look at.
That's fair enough lol. I'm fully aware of how ridiculous the names could've gotten, which is why I honestly left Silver Surfer off my lists. That is an OP dude that no one knows is OP, I don't like messing with any cosmic entities from the Marvel/DC realm lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
if we go by reboots then superman is pretty depowered and i like him that way, and if marvel has the reality bending phoenix on their side it's going to be harder, Avengers versus Justice League seems like a more fair fight then ANYONE hahah so many OPs
I was leaving out Omega mutants like her and Franklin Richards, who is technically the strongest character in all of comics, as well as cosmic entities.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
NO in fact the Marvel top 5 isn't that at all.
Marvel Top 5 would have to be
Blue Marvel- energy projection, super strength thought to be higher than hulk's, super speed, invulnerability
Hulk- infinite strength, ability to survive anywhere, genius intellect, super durabilty
Sentry- no finite level of strength, super speed, durability, can break down matter by molecules
Silver Surfer- powers granted by the power cosmic, energy projection, super speed, matter manipulation, super strength, super durability, invulnerability
Thor- Powers granted from Mjlnor, Super strength, energy projection, super durability, God Blast,

Pre crisis superman no one uses for these types of debates anyway though. In fact if you look in amalgam comics the hulk vs superman fight there is a newspaper in the background that reads the date 1972 which means the superman in that comic was in fact pre crisis superman, and he says himself that he would have lost the hulk if he drug the fight out. Not to mention the superman hulk fight was the only one not voted on but written to win that comic.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
NO in fact the Marvel top 5 isn't that at all.
Marvel Top 5 would have to be
Blue Marvel- energy projection, super strength thought to be higher than hulk's, super speed, invulnerability
Hulk- infinite strength, ability to survive anywhere, genius intellect, super durabilty
Sentry- no finite level of strength, super speed, durability, can break down matter by molecules
Silver Surfer- powers granted by the power cosmic, energy projection, super speed, matter manipulation, super strength, super durability, invulnerability
Thor- Powers granted from Mjlnor, Super strength, energy projection, super durability, God Blast,

Pre crisis superman no one uses for these types of debates anyway though. In fact if you look in amalgam comics the hulk vs superman fight there is a newspaper in the background that reads the date 1972 which means the superman in that comic was in fact pre crisis superman, and he says himself that he would have lost the hulk if he drug the fight out. Not to mention the superman hulk fight was the only one not voted on but written to win that comic.
I usually don't count the Sentry simply because technically his power could've been limitless if he would've been kept in the story, and I consider Silver Surfer a cosmic being. I could see Blue Marvel, but not over Black Bolt (you want to talk about OG's, look no further).

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
  • Superhuman Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast superhuman strength that is on par with Sentry.
  • Superhuman Stamina: Blue Marvel possesses highly efficient musculature which produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting him almost limitless stamina in all physical activities.
  • Flight: Blue Marvel flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. Blue Marvel can fly far beyond supersonic speeds, but it is unknown if he can achieve nearly the speed of light.
  • Superhuman Senses: Blue Marvel possesses superhuman senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
  • Enhanced Mental Perception: Blue Marvel possesses the ability to sense & comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities.
  • Invulnerability: Blue Marvel seems to possess nigh-invulnerability & durability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. He is even capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided.
  • Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his nigh invulnerability to injury, it is possible to injure Blue Marvel. If injured, his body is capable of quickly repairing damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than the normal human body.
  • Energy Generation: Blue Marvel has the ability to generate and control negative matter energy based on antimatter. He can manipulate this energy for various effects. - Creating energy constructs[10]
  • According to Brashear he is a stable "antimatter reactor", but from his broader explanation what he appears to do is channel exotic particles generated by a stable event horizon caused by the interaction of opposing positive matter and negative matter (Negative Zone) universes. Because Brashear has retained his abilities all this time, it would seem that either the specific generative reaction, that granted him his powers continues at an unseen or subatomic level in the facility where he first gained his abilities, or exotic particles generated by the experiment somehow became quantum entangled with Brashear.[11]
Brashear maintains a massive undersea "Fortress of Solitude" in the Mariana trench at a location known only to Namor the Sub Mariner
I love me some blackbolt but.... I don't think he messing with Marvel. I would go with Vulcan before Bolt.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
LBSH if we were to give top non-cosmic DC heroes/villains they would all be from the superman family. That's why we need to mix it up.

Except MAYBE flash because yeah people don't realize how OP he is.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Batman is definitely top 5 DC character, he if Superman is the power, he IS the Anti-Power.

I don't have a Marvel top 5 but i would love a fight between

Sentry vs Superman
Punisher vs Batman
Black Widow vs Batgirl
Jigsaw vs The Joker
Iron Man vs Green Arrow

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
LBSH if we were to give top non-cosmic DC heroes/villains they would all be from the superman family. That's why we need to mix it up.

Wonder Woman also earns her place dude, she is almost on Supes' level for realsies, and Flash is NUMBER 1, idk why I didn't have him there in the first place.

Reedoms

Noob
Doc Strange could most likely take out most people in DC since his whole schtick is "It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit."

Then there is Flash and his Infinite Infinite Mass Punch. Yes, I put Infinite twice. The guy can run so fast he can infinitely be punching you at speeds over light-speed to bash your shit into nonexistence.

If we wanna be dicks about this we could just have Lucifer and Dream be on the DC side and do whatever the fuck they want.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

I agree with this...If you put Superman and Doomsday on the same squad it would be really difficult to argue against them.