What's new

Tech Martian Tech Hunter!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
just a heads up j2 links into his overhead tele , this could come in handy me thinks ive been getting 40% from this starter.
also mmh's 11u3 string connects into an air interactable just like his standing 3 , i also tried it with f2u1 but it didnt work

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Can anyone test if you can d1 MMH out of j2 xxx b2333? I was testing it with lex corp charge and the b2 would beat it clean. Want to know if this is garenteed because jump in frame data in this game is hella wierd lol.

Somebody was talking about oki setups/resets off of MB Martian grab. I didn't like the thought of trying it because you can get a lot of damage off of it. But after tinkering around with other combos that could end in it and scale a lot, these are the combos that I find scale so much that doing resets off of it should be done.......

DB2 MB DB3 trait f2d3 MB DB1
This is about 25% damage and anything else after it scales like crazy.

22B3 j3 db1 trait MB DB1
About 33%. after this, quite a bit of damage scaling occurs.

And my setup that I like after an MB DB1.......

MB DB1, df1b jump forward over the opponent, air dash backwards, MB air dash forward j1 into combo.
Let's those turtles block that.

Somebody was talking about oki setups/resets off of MB Martian grab. I didn't like the thought of trying it because you can get a lot of damage off of it. But after tinkering around with other combos that could end in it and scale a lot, these are the combos that I find scale so much that doing resets off of it should be done.......

DB2 MB DB3 trait f2d3 MB DB1
This is about 25% damage and anything else after it scales like crazy.

22B3 j3 db1 trait MB DB1
About 33%. after this, quite a bit of damage scaling occurs.

And my setup that I like after an MB DB1.......

MB DB1, df1b jump forward over the opponent, air dash backwards, MB air dash forward j1 into combo.
Let's those turtles block that.

I cant see how this could ever be practical use of meter

fr stack

wot u guys think of this corner ender ,, 22b34, 3, f123 , d2 db3 , d2 df1b MB this makes them stand up quikly and the ex orb will force them to block or get comboed again ,, can be woken up from but its a very small window
also d2 db3 , d2 db3d corner ender crosses up :)

i also noticed at the break reo did some tech in the corner using standing 3, after either b13 or bf3 , with this tech after either of these hit if u do standing 3 early it crosses over, if u do it late it stays on the same side and if done correctly will make some wake ups go backwards allowing for a full combo

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
*Sniff* *sob* Some...someone..

*sniff*...

Someone said I was the best Martian Man Hunter he's ever seen..... *sniff*
My day 2.3 MMH...*sobs*.....I'm...I'm sorry. This...this is a little hard for me. I knew if I believed in myself I'd get to this point...and...and so the recognition...I'm...I'm so happy......

This of course, means nothing, as this was on XBL and while he was a competent player, XBL is the same place where I was told in a King of the Hill lobby that Batman had an infinite. Perplexed, I played as him and managed to B23 twice in succession.
"There you see?! He knows how to do Batman's infinite!"

So....yeah take ego boosters with a grain of salt. But this character is awesome.
Please guys, post some MU footage.

Rickyraws

Alrighty, so if b1,3 being untechable was in fact an oversight as mentioned by Paulo and will be fixed soon, like Mr. KT has suggested, would it being techable really change the nature of this tech though?

I mean, when you get an opponent full screen, depending on the character, they have no reason to wake up. If they get up without a wakeup, wouldn't the teleport still cross up? So essentially if you b1,3 your opponent and condition them to expect orbs, pillars or air support, wouldn't throwing in a downward tele after a b1,3 from time to time still be effective? I mean if your opponent knows you constantly teleport after a b1,3 they may try to do a wake up they know would be ideal for the situation based on the character, right? They may also try to dash. Well then you'd be able to catch them with a full screen pillar or whiff 'punish' them with an air support projectile, no? Therefore it's still KIND of a guessing game and b1,3 is still an effective tool....in theory. Would this work or am I not listening to reason?

fr stack

thoughts on this guys : ending combos in f2 the wake up window is very late could throw people off , i havent tested vs humans yet .. after f2 u can do a dd2 will hit if they wake up , if it hits MB orb dash b3 into whatever , if dd2 is blocked its only -9 nd your at a good distance
ill try it out today

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I like how my tech vid, which people like Reo are using just got added here so no one will ever see it again, instead of staying alone as a thread so people can learn from it.

Good shit tym, i dunno why i even bother...

fr stack

I like how my tech vid, which people like Reo are using just got added here so no one will ever see it again, instead of staying alone as a thread so people can learn from it.

can u link me or even tell me the thread its in ?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Is there a place where all of his good strings are posted maybe with attributes of each one? Just picking up this character and dont really know where to start

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

im sure people saw it man.. god i swear tym members liiivee off attentioin

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Someone said I was the best Martian Man Hunter he's ever seen..... *sniff*
My day 2.3 MMH...*sobs*.....I'm...I'm sorry. This...this is a little hard for me. I knew if I believed in myself I'd get to this point...and...and so the recognition...I'm...I'm so happy......

This of course, means nothing

So....yeah take ego boosters with a grain of salt. But this character is awesome.
so you would rather someone not compliment you on playing well? i didn't realize this was something people look down upon as i like to do this with every good opponent i play.

Rickyraws

so you would rather someone not compliment you on playing well? i didn't realize this was something people look down upon as i like to do this with every good opponent i play.
You misunderstand, comrade. While humbling, taking it to heart can lead me to believe I'm better than I actually am when you consider that some people online are not the best judge of skill (hence showing their lack of knowledge with the Batman 'infinite') I always encourage my opponents and never insult them even when they rage. I just send emoticons which...I guess is worse....kinda...

But anyway no, I'm not saying I don't want to be complimented. I was just trying (and failing) to humorously show how cool a statement I felt it was.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
im sure people saw it man.. god i swear tym members liiivee off attentioin
It's not because of attention smh, it's about how there's threads here that clearly say tech and are still going.

What's the point of having a MMH dedicated forum if you're just gonna hide away tech on some random page instead of having a thread dedicated to it?

Look at the Shazam boards, it's filled with different tech threads.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
A thread dedicated for tech where all known tech is stickied in the first post (like is done for combos) would be super helpful...a lot easier to learn the char from that than digging through threads

Hey guys, I have to leave now, can please someone double check this for me?

I was messing around with that "Reo's" technique, when you go instant nj1 (that hits a crouching opponent) into regular teleport. And I was trying to find the best thing to follow it with.

So I ran into this scenario:

intant nj1, db3, f1d3 xx db1MB, b3, db3d

Here is the thing, instead of going for the jump in something, I went straight to the teleport due to the low height the opponent reaches after being juggled that much. And it OTG.

It does have quite a strict timing, but it goes through really tough wakeups, such as BA lighting cage.

Well, this is it, what do you guys think?