What's new

Match Footage Martian Manhunter Video Thread

I spent like two hours with this setup and found the perfect timing where after a back 1 3 you jump back right away and when the opponents shoulders hits the ground and the legs are 80degrees from the ground you do an air teleport overhead which is safe if done right. Reo forgot to say it can be done anywhere on screen and as long as a combo ends with back 1 3 the setup works which gives manhunter safe 50/50. I think it should be nerfed because the cross up is impossible to see and if you delay it where the opponents back hits the floor it hits in the front which is also safe. Not to mention if the teleport hits you get a combo which leads to the same 50/50 setup
So there is a way to make it safe AND be able to follow with a combo when it hits? Because I was able to follow with a combo only when I did the unsafe cross up:/

Sasuga

Noob
I highly doubt that, I also doubt anyone cares
Oblivious to the fact that you are still talking about it, proving you care about it yourself.

I just thought it was a funny, knowing only 3/5 character can punish it on block. Not 3/5 of the cast. 3/5 of one single character. :)

It's ok if you misinterpreted me the first time or that you can't visualize these things. Just move along and don't forget to smile every now and then.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
you've got Reo mmh here : http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/flash-matchup-discussion.29213/page-16#post-1072684

hey guys so i recently played the beast that is REO's MMH. imho this MU is bad as of right now for flash. his orbs act like ice clone, MB ORB is ridiculous, and his pillars and overhead projectile frame traps after a push is pretty gdlk. the only reason this or any MU is winnable at all is flash's insane damage and comeback potential, along with his rushdown. me and reo played a total of 44 games. in this video he wins a ft10 10 - 7. the overall set was him 25 me 19. keep in mind this was not a challenge to reo like " yo bro ft25 me, btw get babied bro" it was just friendly online casuals against a friend like all the MU matches i post. and again this is online and also take into consideration that MMH came out a week ago. reo could find more tech and get better with his character and make this MU look 9 - 1 LOL but anyways here the vid.

NOTE: also i do realize the video is long for those of you that are busy or what not so maybe you can watch a game or two or w/e. just use this as an opportunity to see what the MU plays like when flash plays MMH at a decently high level (cuz LBSH am the worst flash ever).

a note about why i think the flash is top 3 (yes i know right me) @ 43:43 of the video is why the flash imo doesn't lose MU as bad as he should so if you watch something in a video watch @ 43:43 and that is why i believe he is top 3, he is ridiculous, that is all.
Zyphox

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Needs moar zoning brah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I just find it hard to zone her due to iceberg and slide or maybe I'm just respecting Killer Frost too much with him, I dunno lol.

I need to work on that match up for sure.

Off of either teleport, is there a reason you like doing 22 BF2 MB a go for stuff instead of F2D3 DB1 MB for reset stuff and orb setup?

I like the latter because it's kinda like GL's Lantern Might MB bs.
You can dash under the bounce for a cross up.
You can set your orb with plenty of time for B1/B2.
You can jump over them and then air dash back and land a trait J2.
I mean...... if you're gonna burn the meter for a reset and a setup..... I feel like DB1 MB setup stuff is better and the damage is better to with F2D3.

And trait D1 to check that F23 BS.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Just goning to post some matches of my bleh Martian Manhunter lol.

I'm going to try to post a bunch more stuff regularly, even if I'm not that great it'll at least be something to check out :).

Versus Dancock's Hawkgirl

Versus EMP Dark's Joker

Edit: I need some serious work in the Joker match up haha. I don't know what I should be doing to be honest.

Nightwing main turned MMH. Got my PS4 this week, running sets online to gain MU exp with MMH and uploading my favorite ones to YouTube. Looking for heavy criticism so I can improve my play. Enjoy!

Day 1 online with MMH

Day 2 online

Day 2 online

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Nightwing main turned MMH. Got my PS4 this week, running sets online to gain MU exp with MMH and uploading my favorite ones to YouTube. Looking for heavy criticism so I can improve my play. Enjoy!

Day 1 online with MMH

Day 2 online

Day 2 online
Your neutral game, pressure, zoning are all weak.

Work on optimizing your combos, you're leaving a lot of damage on the table. Learn the timing on b3 after MB grab.

For zoning, try to have an orb on the screen at all times. Besides a couple MUs, Martian players should be pushing buttons pretty much at all times. Too much teleporting. You're zoning patterns are predictable.

Martian's trait effectively outfootsies the whole cast, manage it better. Try to incorporate more MB orb pressure. S3 and his J3 are gadlike tools in trait.

The best thing you could do starting out with a new character is to watch the top players. Look up Reo and Jupiter's videos to get some ideas.

Your neutral game, pressure, zoning are all weak.

Work on optimizing your combos, you're leaving a lot of damage on the table. Learn the timing on b3 after MB grab.

For zoning, try to have an orb on the screen at all times. Besides a couple MUs, Martian players should be pushing buttons pretty much at all times. Too much teleporting. You're zoning patterns are predictable.

Martian's trait effectively outfootsies the whole cast, manage it better. Try to incorporate more MB orb pressure. S3 and his J3 are gadlike tools in trait.

The best thing you could do starting out with a new character is to watch the top players. Look up Reo and Jupiter's videos to get some ideas.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like picking up IGAU after a year off has blessed me with a lot of holes in my game =)

Now to business.

I've been focusing more on pillars than orbs. I'm basically using orbs to allow for some pillar dash checks. Offline I convert them into tele~bnb's and online I tend to miss those opportunities so I just do more pillars. So you're saying MMH it's the other way around? More orbs less pillars?

When you say neutral, you basically mean more S3 spacing? I'm aware I don't do it all that much, yet. I mainly do it at the start of the match =)

When you say zoning is weak and zoning is predictable it doesn't surprise me. This is my first zoning character so when you say predictable are you suggesting I do more dash checking with pillars or more meteors or smarter orb placement?

The trait usage is low on my priority right now since I'm still learning how all the special tools function as a whole. My friend told me I should be saving it for when my opponent breaks neutral then I know I can start abusing S2, S3 and jump back 3's - any other usage for trait?

I do have orb MB pressure but Jupiter advised me it was in my best interest to play more keep away because MMH's pressure is resource intensive to maintain and if I were to do it to simply go for the 50/50 right after. At this time I don't use it much but I do use it in the form of a setup after 22~Phase Charge. I still haven't found anything too crazy to use after that though. I used to do a bunch of B2333, B1, 22, into MB orbs and I stopped that for now. When would you recommend the usage of orb MB pressure? In the raw or off setups?

I'm aware of the combo situation and working on it. You see me land B3's some times where other times I just sac the damage and go right to the ender for the setup follow up.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like picking up IGAU after a year off has blessed me with a lot of holes in my game =)

Now to business.

I've been focusing more on pillars than orbs. Getting used to MMH compelx zoning takes time. I'm basically using orbs to allow for some pillar dash checks. Offline I convert them into tele~bnb's and online I tend to miss those opportunities so I just do more pillars. So you're saying MMH it's the other way around? More orbs less pillars?

When you say neutral, you basically mean more S3 spacing? I'm aware I don't do it all that much, yet. I mainly do it at the start of the match =)

When you say zoning is weak and zoning is predictable it doesn't surprise me. This is my first zoning character. When you mean predictable are you suggesting I do more dash checking with pillars or more meteors or smarter orb placement?

The trait usage is low on my priority right now since I'm still learning how all the special tools function as a whole and my friend told me I should be saving it for when my opponent breaks neutral Then I know I can start abusing S2, S3 and jump back 3's - any other usage for trait?

I do have orb MB pressure but Jupiter advised me it was in my best interest to play more keep away because MMH's pressure is resource intensive to maintain and if I were to do it to simply go for the 50/50 right after. At this time I don't use it much but I do use it in the form of a setup after 22~Phase Charge. I still haven't found anything too crazy to use after that though. I used to do a bunch of B2333, B1, 22, into MB orbs and I stopped that for now. When would you recommend the usage of orb MB pressure? In the raw or off setups?

I'm aware of the combo situation and working on it. You see me land B3's some times where other times I just sac the damage and go right to the ender for the setup follow up.
Basically, you're zoning game plan should be to always start with an orb. You throw them out to bait movement, build meter, or keep them in check (If MB). Usually you're opponent respects your options after an orb, which allows to go for a meteor. After a blocked meteor, your opponent has to respect the pillar followup. Now obviously there are some characters that have faster zoning than MMH, so it won't always be that simple. But that's basically how it goes down against most of the cast.

Neutral is what you're doing when not applying pressure or defending against your opponent's pressure. When you're playing footsies. At some point, your opponent is gonna get in on you. This is the time to pop trait and use the meter built from the zoning to outfootsie and do some real big boy damage. You can go for a setup and more pressure or you can just choose to back off, zone them out, while you buy time for trait. Then rinse and repeat.

Jupiter has it right about 50/50s after MB orb. Martian builds a ton of meter so you won't find yourself in too many situations where you don't have a bar. The best time to use MB orb is during block strings (B2333, S3, or 22 mostly) and when you need to get in on an opponent. After phase, just throw out a regular orb and dash up.

It takes some time to get comfortable with Martian. This character can pretty much do whatever he wants, all the time. After you get all the setups, bnbs, and your zoning down you'll find that every MU has the same game plan: Zone, wait for trait, get damage, then do it all over again.

Watch Reo and Jupiter.

Basically, you're zoning game plan should be to always start with an orb. You throw them out to bait movement, build meter, or keep them in check (If MB). Usually you're opponent respects your options after an orb, which allows to go for a meteor. After a blocked meteor, your opponent has to respect the pillar followup. Now obviously there are some characters that have faster zoning than MMH, so it won't always be that simple. But that's basically how it goes down against most of the cast.

Neutral is what you're doing when not applying pressure or defending against your opponent's pressure. When you're playing footsies. At some point, your opponent is gonna get in on you. This is the time to pop trait and use the meter built from the zoning to outfootsie and do some real big boy damage. You can go for a setup and more pressure or you can just choose to back off, zone them out, while you buy time for trait. Then rinse and repeat.

Jupiter has it right about 50/50s after MB orb. Martian builds a ton of meter so you won't find yourself in too many situations where you don't have a bar. The best time to use MB orb is during block strings (B2333, S3, or 22 mostly) and when you need to get in on an opponent. After phase, just throw out a regular orb and dash up.

It takes some time to get comfortable with Martian. This character can pretty much do whatever he wants, all the time. After you get all the setups, bnbs, and your zoning down you'll find that every MU has the same game plan: Zone, wait for trait, get damage, then do it all over again.

Watch Reo and Jupiter.
Thanks for tips. Stay tuned for my next session!

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success

Watch Reo and Jupiter.
Dont mind me..just here taking notes lol