What's new

Question - Tanya Man the Tanya hate is still REAL

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
but really what characters have varied pressure? kung lao? raiden? quan chi? most characters in this game are pretty one note lol
I have yet to see a Kobu Tanya do anything other than that. Same for Erron and Kung Lao, and Raiden. However, I'm not talking about them because this is a Tanya thread. It just doesn't interest me.

I think they were just jeering at the fatality thing. Also, Milktile was the underdog people were cheering hard for and wanted to win. I doubt a Tempest Lao would have gotten a better perception.

My only real problem with Tanya now is her Kobo variation's offense sounds similar to a rabid cat attacking a chalkboard. Oh my god my ears. I still hear the screeching.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You can be pretty sure they didn't know that because if you can't poke or armour out at -28 you're ignorant as fuck. /nosarcasm
Even MB Rekka3 is -7.
Right, let's land a mighty poke or waste meter to armor out at the risk of her just staggering/delaying/meter burning her bullshit and blowing us up for a full combo. Man Tyrant and Milky are such scrubs.

Doesn't even matter what your blatantly biased opinion on the character is. The thread is about why Tanya/MIT got so much hate and it was obvious to anyone watching that shit exactly why the boos were pouring in. Biggest hype killer of the whole tournament next to a grand finals controller malfunction in USF4. Nobody cares if you think it's "fine."

HanSolo

Noob
Regardless of the reason, it annoyed me to see so much booing on MIT... I can't imagine dedicating so much to this game, making it to a top 8 with over 1k entrants... Just to be booed off after winning some incredibly close matches. I only watched via stream but you could tell he was like wtf? Maybe it didn't bother him, idk. The guy seems humble, is having success with nerfed tanya, and is a good contributor to the forums. Just rude.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I have. It's an annoying match up for tanya. Any air teleport not full screen above a certain height gets checked by a slide.

Pyro having to play a ground game with t-Rex normals, random wiffing mids and low damage.
not sure about the slide thing but thats hard for sub

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Right, let's land a mighty poke or waste meter to armor out at the risk of her just staggering/delaying/meter burning her bullshit and blowing us up for a full combo. Man Tyrant and Milky are such scrubs.

Doesn't even matter what your blatantly biased opinion on the character is. The thread is about why Tanya/MIT got so much hate and it was obvious to anyone watching that shit exactly why the boos were pouring in. Biggest hype killer of the whole tournament next to a grand finals controller malfunction in USF4. Nobody cares if you think it's "fine."
If you know the frame data on the rekkas, you don't bitch about it. You do work. It's not the character's fault that people went to the tournament without knowing her frame data.
But apparently YOUR biased opinion matters more than mine for some backwards reason. Oh wait. No, it doesn't.
BTW. Tanya wasn't the winner pick, Erron was.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
All of the matches were like the same string with cancel pressure or ex boomerang to keep up the pressure
I mean she is a pressure character, of course she is going to try and pressure you. MIT used 1,1,2, b1 2+4., b112(which no one punished, I might add), f2, tele cancels, and rekka pressure. The only good string he didnt use was b31 because at this point everyone knows to just block low against her. She's a pressure character, she is going to pressure you lol.

No offense, but a light show doesn't interest me. All I really see is the same thing from one match to another. So many teleports, same pressure, etc. Watching Pyromancer is worse. Teleport, then fireball. Teleport, then fireball. Ooh, he tried shoud, but missed! Combo! Teleport, the fireball.
MIT used 3 teleports in his last match. 3.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Rekkas are safe if you delay them. Go watch Fly's guide.

That being said it was obvious neither Tyrant nor Milky knew the MU.
I know that delayed rekkas are safe, but that's still a mindgame, you can poke out in any of the gaps if you guess right, or you can straight up armour through. My point isn't that rekkas are bad, my point is that they aren't godmode or an iWin-Button like all the ignorant cunts try to make it out to be.
Know me well enough to know that I'm no downplayer. She's good. But she's not invincible or broken.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
If you know the frame data on the rekkas, you don't bitch about it. You do work. It's not the character's fault that people went to the tournament without knowing her frame data.
But apparently YOUR biased opinion matters more than mine for some backwards reason. Oh wait. No, it doesn't.
BTW. Tanya wasn't the winner pick, Erron was.
Holy shit can you stop quoting me like some kind of psychotic anti-nerf zealot, please? Nobody watching that stream fucking cares about the frame data that you're wrong about (nice work, champ). All they care about was that nobody was getting out of that shit and it was as unhype as all hell to watch, whether it was the character, opponents, or both at fault. Thank god MIT switched characters and lost, because him winning this thing that way would have made Superman's Injustice Evo win seem hype by comparison.

And that's not a call for nerfs so calm your tits, kid. It's a call for any other character to be shown on stream instead of her bc she fucking sucks to watch.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
People just want to hate I guess. They nerfed her into the floor and now that she's "legit" or "normalized" people are still hating but at the moment there are characters who have worse and straight BS but that's ok though...
foolish.