What's new

Question - Tanya Man the Tanya hate is still REAL

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I mean she is a pressure character, of course she is going to try and pressure you. MIT used 1,1,2, b1 2+4., b112(which no one punished, I might add), f2, tele cancels, and rekka pressure. The only good string he didnt use was b31 because at this point everyone knows to just block low against her. She's a pressure character, she is going to pressure you lol.

MIT used 3 teleports in his last match. 3.
I understand she's a pressure character. I was just stating that's the reason why she was boring to watch because it was non-stop pressure with the same set of moves. It's kinda anti-hype

yeah, the booing had nothing to do with Tanya.. it was mainly as he beat Milky the crowd favorite as he was using reptile and also that he had to look up the Fatalities and then after that he failed the inputs! haha.. It was all in good fun though, he had a big grin : )

On a side note.. I think the nurff really fixed her imo. Pre-patch she didn't even look like a MK character. Now she acts and plays much like the rest of the cast. Just check out CEO Tanya games teleporting all over the place like a MvC game, and then MIT's evo games.. where she is just another member of the awesome MKx roster.

Reactions: GAV

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I try that, but in Dragon, I just get stomped by pole stance or they do PS then teleport forward,rinse, and repeat.
Oh yeah in Naginata she can still teleport around for free. But its like her worst variation now which is why you dont see it as much at tourneys.

Edit: That is not to say Naginata is bad by any stretch, just not as god as Kobu or Pyro.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Regardless of the reason, it annoyed me to see so much booing on MIT... I can't imagine dedicating so much to this game, making it to a top 8 with over 1k entrants... Just to be booed off after winning some incredibly close matches. I only watched via stream but you could tell he was like wtf? Maybe it didn't bother him, idk. The guy seems humble, is having success with nerfed tanya, and is a good contributor to the forums. Just rude.
Meh I imagine the terry bro's probably enjoy being heels they're good at the game and know it. Being the bad guy is fun.

Regardless of the reason, it annoyed me to see so much booing on MIT... I can't imagine dedicating so much to this game, making it to a top 8 with over 1k entrants... Just to be booed off after winning some incredibly close matches. I only watched via stream but you could tell he was like wtf? Maybe it didn't bother him, idk. The guy seems humble, is having success with nerfed tanya, and is a good contributor to the forums. Just rude.
People do not think twice about booing SonicFox.... I dunno.. I tend to agree with you but if you are going to play in events then you need a thick skin. It is just part of the game.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Oh yeah in Naginata she can still teleport around for free. But its like her worst variation now which is why you dont see it as much at tourneys.

Edit: That is not to say Naginata is bad by any stretch, just not as god as Kobu or Pyro.
When I play Tanya, its Nag. How is Pyro better tho?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When I play Tanya, its Nag. How is Pyro better tho?
Naginata is great online because you have to be on point with AAs to stop her, but once you get her off the pole she isnt good. She isnt safe on much of anything and her damage is on par with the others now. She still technically has a 50/50 but you literally have to be touching the opponent in order for instant spear to connect. She also has no wakeups which is probably her biggest fault.

Pyro's zoning was nerfed but she still has decent zoning. She has the best AA of the 3 in dust, still has a safe armor move that leads to increased chip damage(or worse if you get hit by a fireball lol). She plays a very simplified game: throwing fireballs, canceling teles into fireballs, hitting you with dust to make the zoning game more scary. If she wants she still has good footsies and decent enough offense to rush you down as well.

Both of her other variations are good but for most MUs Kobu is just easier to win with.

Reactions: GAV

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Naginata is great online because you have to be on point with AAs to stop her, but once you get her off the pole she isnt good. She isnt safe on much of anything and her damage is on par with the others now. She still technically has a 50/50 but you literally have to be touching the opponent in order for instant spear to connect. She also has no wakeups which is probably her biggest fault.

Pyro's zoning was nerfed but she still has decent zoning. She has the best AA of the 3 in dust, still has a safe armor move that leads to increased chip damage(or worse if you get hit by a fireball lol). She plays a very simplified game: throwing fireballs, canceling teles into fireballs, hitting you with dust to make the zoning game more scary. If she wants she still has good footsies and decent enough offense to rush you down as well.

Both of her other variations are good but for most MUs Kobu is just easier to win with.
I see.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea lets not talk about that set. Especially the part where I couldn't even land a combo on that station or stop falling for the same post shocker options.

Also mike, didn't you say you were going to beat me in tournament like 4 years ago. Still waiting :coffee:
waiting for me to enter a tournament...dude. I'm a hermit now

snort

Noob
Tanya is such a boring character to play and to watch. There is no hype, ZERO, watching her on stream. Who wants to see someone block pressure you to death in the corner every game and teleport around? Seeing this shit on the main stage at EVO made me yawn. Some of the boos were because of this.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Tanya is such a boring character to play and to watch. There is no hype, ZERO, watching her on stream. Who wants to see someone block pressure you to death in the corner every game and teleport around? Seeing this shit on the main stage at EVO made me yawn. Some of the boos were because of this.
I think the salt thrown Tanya's way is due to the hangover of people hating her due to her pre-patch state and the fact that everyone was playing her. No one would be claiming to be bored by her if she had been just another mid tier character from the start.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think the salt thrown Tanya's way is due to the hangover of people hating her due to her pre-patch state and the fact that everyone was playing her. No one would be claiming to be bored by her if she had been just another mid tier character from the start.
its a valid point