What's new

Strategy Making Ermac safe against cross-ups.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Metzos lol well the cats out of the bag. zaf and Jer had me test it out with a few characters a few months ago. It works with cyrax net as well. Its really fucked up Pig has been using it with kenshi quite well too. This is revolutionary in terms of the footsie game in mk now.
You dirty slut J360 I have been free to crossups for quite a while. I can react to it and do NJP but that doesn't beat a well timed jp or jump kick on wake up. With Cyrax I have been doing his anti-air, but it sometimes goes to the opposite side or I get a teleport. I did his anti cross-up dash into net and it felt satisfying as fuck catching some k-froggers out their tactics.

Thanks Pig Of The Hut too because you make everyone look online when you do dash under into spirit charge. Ty Metzos also but why did it take so many threads to post the best solution.

Fuck everyone who says to d1 aa I get blown up for it every time. Jump back punch or kick is also a meagre punish to a dumb tactic. Also if you are built from clocks you might be able to standing jab them out of their cross-ups or you might be standing there jabbing the air while your back is being blown out. The only other guaranteed solution I know is you if you have a really good hitbox lowering move like Ermac's, Shang's, Kenshi's D3 or Sonya's, Mileena's D4.

Does Sub-zero have something to catch jumpers after the dash under?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No, TKS will catch them on the air. They dont have time to block in time if you do it correctly.
considering grounded combos scale less and you cant block for a few frames when you land itd be better if you could time it right to lift them while grounded

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ermac does pretty good against kenshi in my opinion... he definetly doesnt get blown up.
also i do a weird thing similar, on accident ofc, sometimes i f2 under a crossover and catch them with lift on the otherside. now if i could just do it on purpose that would be something!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
ermac does pretty good against kenshi in my opinion... he definetly doesnt get blown up.
also i do a weird thing similar, on accident ofc, sometimes i f2 under a crossover and catch them with lift on the otherside. now if i could just do it on purpose that would be something!
Its because of F2's hitbox. It works really well if the opponent tries to jump, especially after a blocked jp or a hit confirmed F4.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You dirty slut J360 I have been free to crossups for quite a while. I can react to it and do NJP but that doesn't beat a well timed jp or jump kick on wake up. With Cyrax I have been doing his anti-air, but it sometimes goes to the opposite side or I get a teleport. I did his anti cross-up dash into net and it felt satisfying as fuck catching some k-froggers out their tactics.

Thanks Pig Of The Hut too because you make everyone look online when you do dash under into spirit charge. Ty Metzos also but why did it take so many threads to post the best solution.
Sorry man my bad, i actually wanted to post it for quite some time now but i was always forgetting it tbh with you.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Sorry man my bad, i actually wanted to post it for quite some time now but i was always forgetting it tbh with you.
Hey didn't mean to blow you up its just that there have been so many threads on anti-crossup solutions with everyone saying pretty much the same thing. I am grateful for your post and we need explore options other characters have after a dash under

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Metzos How big is the hitbox of TKP? Couldn't you just reverse the inputs to stop crossovers?
No, because jk's and even jp's will beat it most of the time. You need to dash out first and then reverse the inputs for TKS, preferably. TKS lowers Ermac's hitbox to the point it dodges true high hits and, with the opposite dash combined, makes him safe against cross-overs. Also TKS is faster than TKP and TKP does not lower Ermac's hit box. I believe this can only be countered by KL's dive-kick but i need to further test this. At best, against KL you can simply opposite dash and just get away from him or block to bait any incoming dive-kicks.

zaf

professor
You can also do this on your wake up.
When you get knocked down, and someone wants to cross up your wake up, you can also do a reverse TKS and it will grab them.
Been doing this a while.

I knew about this Metzos. I'm in the works of an Ermac AA video and this is included in it. Just been busy.

Been using this a while too, i been showing a lot of people that they can just dash out.

zaf

professor
I haven't really explored this much with Kitana as dashing out and going for 2 gives me a fan lift lol ... but it works great with EX Lift. I will try to use dash out b3 or 3 or even f41/f21.

Question is, can they block such a slow startup attack if they see you dash out?
no they can not block, they do not get to the ground in time.
only way they could block is if your input is too slow or mess up and allow them to get to the ground

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
i been showing a lot of people that they can just dash out.
You showed me this at Dallas, I remember. I also remember you trying to explain it to me in words before showing. You sounded derp as fuck lol

zaf

professor
You showed me this at Dallas, I remember. I also remember you trying to explain it in words before showing. You sounded derp as fuck lol
yea man this stuff works, especially if you know how to buffer it perfectly.
>_> yea that would make sense

also Metzos, there is a specific dash Jer and I found out. I think there are a handfull of us that know about it too. We havent released it yet, but.. There is a way to dash out under someone when they cross you up. You can make it so your dash is like a super dash and you are like more then half screen away from them lol. It's very specific and more technical then just dashing out and lifting.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.

also Metzos, there is a specific dash Jer and I found out. I think there are a handfull of us that know about it too. We havent released it yet, but.. There is a way to dash out under someone when they cross you up. You can make it so your dash is like a super dash and you are like more then half screen away from them lol. It's very specific and more technical then just dashing out and lifting.
i have a feeling it involves charge cancels.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

You mean B2 dash cancel to B2 dash cancel etc ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

so are you actually gonna reveal the tech you posted you found like months ago or are just keeping it "secret"?

zaf

professor
You mean B2 dash cancel to B2 dash cancel etc ?
i have a feeling it involves charge cancels.
so are you actually gonna reveal the tech you posted you found like months ago or are just keeping it "secret"?

It's not ermac specific. Its the whole cast who can do it. I just need something good to record with so i can do it. I dont hide tech, just don't have the correct means to capture this and then i forget about it lol