What's new

Strategy Making Ermac safe against cross-ups.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So lately i ve been thinking on how we can make ermac use safely his TKS or TKP against cross-ups and then it came to me. Simply dash on the opposite direction of the opponent's cross-up and TKS or TKP. Same with Kenshi. Another thing ofc is simply NJP which will lead to fucking 38% dmg meterless combo. I wanna hear if you guys have any other ideas for this as well. Lets talk about it shall we ?

zaf, Big D, STORMS, Seven74, Ermaculate_Slim, pboardplayer, k-frog.

EDIT: This could potentialy be beaten though by characters who have dive-kicks but i need to test that though. But, you can always bait and punish the dive-kicks though :p

EDIT2: According to Death Sonya's dive-kick will whiff on cross-up so that only leaves KL and CSZ.

Post edited.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Honestly, the simplicity of 'just dashing; out seems genius because after all.. I saw Pig Of The Hut doing this a lot lately with Kenshi. Normally I'm just trying to block or get lucky with a stand 1 or d1, lift, etc.

Metzos, good stuff

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So lately i ve been thinking on how we can make ermac use safely his TKS or TKP against cross-ups and then it came to me. Simply dash on the opposite direction of the opponent's cross-up and TKS or TKP. Same with Kenshi. Another thing ofc is simply NJP which will lead to fucking 38% dmg meterless combo. I wanna hear if you guys have any other ideas for this as well. Lets talk about it shall we ?

zaf, Big D, STORMS, Seven74, Ermaculate_Slim, pboardplayer, k-frog.

yea man ive been saying this, this is what i do w kenshi and freddy
w mileena dash out roll
w freddy i dash out NMS

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yea man ive been saying this, this is what i do w kenshi and freddy
w mileena dash out roll
w freddy i dash out NMS
Yeah i was thinking about this for some time now and i tested it yesterday in our casuals. Works wonders. And since TKS lowers Ermac's hitbox he is even safer when doing that. True high hits whiff against his TKS if its done correctly I just wasnt sure if its gonna work like Kenshi's SC cause its not that fast, but it certainly did. Perfect anti cross-up AA imo which leads to a ton of dmg. Damn i love that character. Freddy NMS to HS and unbreakable combos=OP.

Post edited.

Nice, thread. I've been doing D1's for lift, and the timing for it is scary.

I hate when something is so simple, we overlook it because when someone was like "yeah D1 anti-air"

everyone stopped thinking about other ways of dealing with the problem.

thanks for the thread.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Metzos lol well the cats out of the bag. zaf and Jer had me test it out with a few characters a few months ago. It works with cyrax net as well. Its really fucked up Pig has been using it with kenshi quite well too. This is revolutionary in terms of the footsie game in mk now.

Death

Noob
Metzos. Where have you been bud? People have been doing this for months and punishing the whiff JIP with a full combo.

Sonya dive kick would still whiff on the cross up too.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Metzos lol well the cats out of the bag. zaf and Jer had me test it out with a few characters a few months ago. It works with cyrax net as well. Its really fucked up Pig has been using it with kenshi quite well too. This is revolutionary in terms of the footsie game in mk now.
Heh, thnx. I never saw a thread about it though, thats why i though i'd create one for it to exist for newer Ermac players. Just to give some ideas out :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Heh, thnx. I never saw a thread about it though, thats why i though i'd create one for it to exist for newer Ermac players. Just to give some ideas out :)
lol dude of course. I hope i didn't come off as " we found this shit first". Its awesome with ermac because of the lift range, if you dash at the right time you end up really far away from them to the point where all they can do is shit their pants mid air and eat the lift lol,

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Metzos. Where have you been bud? People have been doing this for months and punishing the whiff JIP with a full combo.

Sonya dive kick would still whiff on the cross up too.
Yeah but i ve never seen it done with Ermac though. I created this thread in order to shut the people up who were saying that Ermac is weak against cross-ups and to help beginner Ermac players lvl up their game. Thnx for the Sonya dive kick feedback though. Didnt know that. Is it because it doesnt have good range ? KL def hits Ermac with his though i believe.

Post edited.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
lol dude of course. I hope i didn't come off as " we found this shit first". Its awesome with ermac because of the lift range, if you dash at the right time you end up really far away from them to the point where all they can do is shit their pants mid air and eat the lift lol,
No, ofc not. I dont care who finds things first and all that, i just wanna lvl up the character and the players using the character. Indeed. That is some fucked up shit.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I've been dashing out and F3ing with Cage since the beginning of time.
It works as any character, but dont go straight into a punishable move.
Yeah i remember you doing that in SVB 2k11. Weird stuff. Thats where i got the idea of AA lift tbh Foxy.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So Metzos, if someone tries to cross you over from the right, do you do a forward dash and then input the special backwards? Or do you still input the special the same?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I haven't really explored this much with Kitana as dashing out and going for 2 gives me a fan lift lol ... but it works great with EX Lift. I will try to use dash out b3 or 3 or even f41/f21.

Question is, can they block such a slow startup attack if they see you dash out?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I haven't really explored this much with Kitana as dashing out and going for 2 gives me a fan lift lol ... but it works great with EX Lift. I will try to use dash out b3 or 3 or even f41/f21.

Question is, can they block such a slow startup attack if they see you dash out?
No, TKS will catch them on the air. They dont have time to block in time if you do it correctly.