What's new

Make Fatalities Fun Again

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Friendships/Brutalities please.

Would attempt in tournament.

I do like the idea of the KI-esque "Ultimates" being thrown around.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Fatalities are fine and I always enjoyed them, it got way too silly when we had Brutalities, Babalities, Friendships, Anamalities and what not. I do argue the Brutality was fun to learn and pull off, but I liked how MK9 kept it simple, 2 fatals per character and the hidden Babality.
I agree. The beauty of the Babality was the humiliation. Your opponent knew you didnt even have to block. It was a nice addition.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Personally I didnt like the custom fatalities in MKA I was trying to find the characters unique fatality but I found out you'd have to do the custom one like pulling of limbs hitting the opponent limbs you tore off etc. Its funny and creative but I didnt like it very much. Just put animalities, brutalities and Im good.

Spencer

Always Training
WE NEED Brutalitys back
and make it extremely hard to do.
YOU know what bring back ALL the ALITYS

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think friendships are gonna make it into MK10, just my gut feel after feedback from the last game. I doubt animalities make it in though.

I also like the idea of speeding up the fatalities so they actually get used more in matches. A cool idea I had back in mk9 was that it would be nice if the rematch/select new fighter prompt came up pretty much right away after the finish him prompt is on screen. If restart was hit the game would load up the new match in the background and launch as soon as it is ready (even if it is mid-fatality). If select new fighter was picked, it would take you back to the select screen but show a small picture-in-picture style view of the fatality being completed if it was entered correctly.

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
It would be nice to see a little more hate between the rivals.... Like the intro when it is Scorpion vs Sub-Zero, when scorpion appears, its not "Vengeance will be mine !" , but something like : "You Lin-Kuei bitch!" .... or Sub that will be like : "You Shirai Ryu fuckface !" , loll ^__^"

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I didnt mention brutalities in the OP because whatever they do with them will be a new addition and probably cool, and it would be hype.

I meant the post more so to talk about improving the philosophy of how they work, the role they have at the end of the match and what made them cool.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Hi NRS!! Fuck tag mode.. Just focus on the 1v1 and I promise this game will be that much greater than I already anticipate it to be..

Sincerely, Dirty.

@Johnny2d I agree, they need to be brutal fast and to the point. All that slo mo crap was kinda meh, when you try to be too detailed you lose the wow factor. And please let the sound design for this game be good and have punch, and sound crunchy, and PLEASE, have good background music and make it loud this time.

Leave out tag, leave out test your slot or w/e that was, omg, just leave out anything that requires more time than focusing on the actual fighting aspect.

They could add all the fatalities they want, just please give me the option to skip them while playing online. If my opponents wants to see them, let him do so. But let me skip them and move on to my next match. Seeing fatalities a few times is always fun but after a few hundred games, not so much :mad:

Okay, brace yourselves, I'm a huge Fatality mark so I've got a lot of ideas here.

Firstly, even though I LOVE the 10 - 15 second long Fatalities, you're all making a good point. Having a quick and to the point 4 - 5 second one would be nice.

However, I want to overdose on Fatalities.

Fatality 1 (quick)
Fatality 2 (long)
Fatality 3 (long)
Animality (have to Mercy 'em first)
Brutality
Friendship
Hara-Kiri
Stage Fatalities

That's what I want. I mean, hell, if if Friendship's come back, I'd do them only against players I've had a good match with. Even better if they're brought back as a show of respect with maybe a bit of wackiness for certain characters (e.g. Scorpion nods approvingly before disappearing , Raiden heals them and bows before teleporting away, Quan Chi condescendingly says "You're a worthy adversary", The Cagemeister kindheartedly gives them an autograph). But for the ones that I want to relish my victory over, I want variety. Yeah, two is alright, but I want to be able to choose how I'm gonna finish 'em off instead of picking one over the other because I prefer one more. That happened a lot for me in MK9. The only Fatality I would ever really do with my home boy Ermac was his "Mind Over Splatter" one because "Pest Control" was just kinda dumb. Fun to kind of belittle someone at times, but still dumb.

And bring back Hara-Kiri's as a time specific thing. If the winner doesn't finish 'em off in the first two of five seconds of input time, the loser can just off themselves there and then to take away the opportunity. I'd like to think it'd stop online douchebaggery like tea-bagging, but there's gonna be some way of showing disrespect whether we all like it or not.

For Brutalities, have them be exactly that. Brutal. Make it a Ultimate Combo kinda thing (again, another good idea from this thread) that starts as a BnB or whatever and evolves into a cut-scene where the winner viciously beats the opponent to death. Add some flare to it by having the victor look and act infuriated (roaring, breathing heavily, swearing etc.). And please don't let them end with the loser being blown to smithereens. That was fine for 1995, but it's 2014 hahaha

Animalities I'd love to see just for the potential they have with today's technology. Have them be hard to pull of, though, like having to Mercy 'em first. Just imagine. You've won with Quan Chi, done a Mercy and then watch as Quaners morphs into a morbid and horrifying insect like creature made of bones or something that wraps itself around the loser, slowly crushing them into a human tube of toothpaste.

But hey, that's just my wishlist. So long as I'm given a bit of variety with Fatalities, I'll be happy.