What's new

make a character

I think Nightwolf would kick ass in MK2. Take away run, knock him down to MK2 speed, and obviously autocombos are gone. Let him keep Shoulder Rush, Hatchet Uppercut, and Bow & Arrow as projectile since he only gets three moves. He'd have some kickass fucking MK2 combos. aaHP, HP, hatchet, hatchet, bow & arrow. Fuck, yeah. I'd give him average jump in priority, and good priority on jabs (lower than Cage & Shang, but way better than Jax or male ninjas; maybe as good as the females or Raiden). I'd give him a good, close elbow like Shang, or the low elbow they gave to Kang and Cage. Give him good priority sweeps, too, like Shang but with better range. Rush down = lock down. He could cancel jump ins with a hatchet (combo opportunities) or shadow shoulder. I'd love playing this.

How hard would it be for somebody who does this type of thing to simply reprogram MK2 with 4 or 5 new people and slightly alter the characters that are already there? I mean, you only need to steal MK3 frames to add guys like Nightwolf or Kano. As long as you get the sprites the same size (and adjust the hitboxes accordingly), I honestly think someone could do this.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
give tsung liu's ground and air fireball but ability to throw 3 in a row. Rename him Shang Kang. Oh and give him the bike kick, but let him flail his arms instead of his legs.

Ok but seriously give Shang a teleport - he's a sorcerer afterall

ScheissNussen said:
haha, NW in MK2 would be a disaster unless you added more frames to his moves.
That High Kick alone would break the game. It would be like a ninja round house with the speed of a hp with quick recovery time and decent distance. God save anyone that isn't Liu in the corner with his shoulder ram too.

But I do agree, he would be a really fun mk2 character if he was "MK2-ized".
Him, Kabal, and Sheeva would be perfect for it. Of course you would have to dumb kabal down a ton too and make sheeva's stomp susceptible to jks or something like Kintaros.
Sheeva would be great. She'd be a counter-turtle to runaway Jax; you'd have to make her ground stomp a charge move or else she owns ground pound big time. She needs some kind of anti-air, though.

Kabal could be great if his jabs remain high priority as they are in MK3, but get rid of the stupid ground saw. Give him, say, a sword uppercut for anti-air or juggles instead. It would be easy to animate and much more useful in combo situations.

I like Kano, too; Forward cannonball, air throw, knife toss, and knife uppercut are more than enough for him. Give him Baraka's roundhouse, jabs, high kicks, and sweeps and he's very good without being broken.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but Cyrax is perfectly designed for MK2. The net, teleport, and grenades are all MK2 style moves, and if you made the air throw easier, he works just fine. He sucks in MK3, but in a slower game, he'd be great.