What's new

Major League Gaming's Adam Apicella Announces Injustice for MLG Anaheim - $7,500 in Prizes

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Arghhhh I'm so frustrated.

My exam period goes from 10th-27th of June but there's a chance I might not have any exams in the later half. If that turns out to be true (highly unlikely :( ) I'll rejig my flights to come up a week earlier and participate in this. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the Uni-gods will be on my side and place my exams from 10th-18th June.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
No doubt, but which currently holds more weight? Which would you rather win?
Excuse me for jumping in, but I would rather win whichever tournament had the biggest pot/prizes lol. MLG is a sneaky snake. Right now the prize is $7,500, but I guarantee if we hit the cap really quickly it will be raised substantially.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Excuse me for jumping in, but I would rather win whichever tournament had the biggest pot/prizes lol. MLG is a sneaky snake. Right now the prize is $7,500, but I guarantee if we hit the cap really quickly it will be raised substantially.
Not to split hairs but the prize pool is $7,500, not the prize for first place. The $7,500 is split among the top 8. Also I'm in the same boat, I'd take money over noteworthy wins every time.

This is REALLY great news!!!
I don`t know exactly how MLG works, so I`ll ask: Does this guarantee more than one MLG event? Or does that depend on community`s support? If the latter is true, I hope you guys fill the cap as soon as possible... I am Chilean (South American) AND in the last year of College, so it is imposible for me to go to this time, but if this turns out to be like the series of MLG events MK had, that will give me (and other international players) more chances to go.
And, also, this MIGHT be the first step to a third year for Injustice at EVO, who knows...

EGGXI

Scary Bat
That's a totally valid point, and fair. But when I listen to some of the podcasts and read some of the posts on this forum, some people will always consider EVO the world championship, meaning that if they win that they are the best and everyone else can hold that.

I think some people would rather be world champion that win one MLG. I think nearly everyone would preferably want to do both :D

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is REALLY great news!!!
I don`t know exactly how MLG works, so I`ll ask: Does this guarantee more than one MLG event? Or does that depend on community`s support? If the latter is true, I hope you guys fill the cap as soon as possible... I am Chilean (South American) AND in the last year of College, so it is imposible for me to go to this time, but if this turns out to be like the series of MLG events MK had, that will give me (and other international players) more chances to go.
And, also, this MIGHT be the first step to a third year for Injustice at EVO, who knows...
Must be supported for inj to continue at MLG

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Not to split hairs but the prize pool is $7,500, not the prize for first place. The $7,500 is split among the top 8. Also I'm in the same boat, I'd take money over noteworthy wins every time.
Yes, I understand that. Top 3 will obviously get the larger payout out of the $7,500, but that is still more than what 95% of majors have. Yea...money is good. I think everyone that does travel wants to at least make back what they spent on the trip.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
That's a totally valid point, and fair. But when I listen to some of the podcasts and read some of the posts on this forum, some people will always consider EVO the world championship, meaning that if they win that they are the best and everyone else can hold that.

I think some people would rather be world champion that win one MLG. I think nearly everyone would preferably want to do both :D
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of there would be more than one MLG tournament. If the numbers are produced it is possible. I'm pretty sure REO racked up a good amount of money just from playing a vidy game lol.