What's new

Mad Catz Fightpad Pro with new d-pad

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Is it possible to retrofit one of the old fightpad d-pads? I'm planning on getting these and if the old d-pad fits I'm golden.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I dont think I'll ever buy another Mad Catz controller again, they make great pads, but their craftsmanship is shit. I've been through 4 controllers now. The only one that is still working will randomly turn off when I do a wakeup attack, Its the weirdest freaking thing.

This pad looks dope as hell and I have no doubt that it feels great, but theres no way in hell it'll last long enough to be worth the price.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I dont think I'll ever buy another Mad Catz controller again, they make great pads, but their craftsmanship is shit. I've been through 4 controllers now. The only one that is still working will randomly turn off when I do a wakeup attack, Its the weirdest freaking thing.

This pad looks dope as hell and I have no doubt that it feels great, but theres no way in hell it'll last long enough to be worth the price.
I remember I had a SFXTK pad keep pressing pause on me if I tilted the wire harness. Opened it up and the wires soldered to the board were half ass attached. Re-soldered and glued it down.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
From your feedback I see that I'll have to ignore such controllers. Whoever creates such controllers needs to check this thread for feedback and learn to test them for a while. I thought of getting this one to play GGXrd.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
From your feedback I see that I'll have to ignore such controllers. Whoever creates such controllers needs to check this thread for feedback and learn to test them for a while. I thought of getting this one to play GGXrd.
It sucks because the pad was seriously legit and I payed for one day shipping on top of it lol.

I hear the new Hori FC has more recent batches that aren't as fragile as the early ones.

The safest bet for a pad is still the FC4, but it feels so awkward to hold after going with the FPP.

Tanno

It sucks because the pad was seriously legit and I payed for one day shipping on top of it lol.

I hear the new Hori FC has more recent batches that aren't as fragile as the early ones.

The safest bet for a pad is still the FC4, but it feels so awkward to hold after going with the FPP.
I see. I'll have to wait for a feedback about the new models.

C-Sword

Noob
I see. I'll have to wait for a feedback about the new models.
I was one of the first that bought the non-rotating FC4, mine is still working great. It has its flaws, but it's still the best one in the market.

If you want something durable and primarily play NRS games, just get a DualShock 2 and a Brook adapter, you'll save a lot of money this way.

Never buy pads from MadCatz and PDP. I wouldn't be surprised that PDP release the officially licensed Injustice 2 controller. It doesn't matter what new features they add or what changes they made, it will suck.

Btw @THTB

Post on the MadCatz FB wall and ask them to send you a replacement. The new controller they'll send you will most likely break too, but at least more people will know about it.

Last edited:

Tanno

I was one of the first that bought the non-rotating FC4, mine is still working great. It has its flaws, but it's still the best one in the market.

If you want something durable and primarily play NRS games, just get a DualShock 2 and a Brook adapter, you'll save a lot of money this way.

Never buy pads from MadCatz and PDP. I wouldn't be surprised that PDP release the officially licensed Injustice 2 controller. It doesn't matter what new features they had or what changes they made, it will suck.
I see...

I primarily play Mortal Kombat X, and in the future I'm thinking of playing Tekken, GGXrd and KOF in PS4. Didn't know about DS2 and Brook adapter. Will look into it. Speaking about DS2, do you know a good way to play PS4 with DS3? I investigated this far about this, and found some workarounds with Sixasis app and Cronus Plus, but the latter is fuckingly expensive.

C-Sword

Noob
I see...

I primarily play Mortal Kombat X, and in the future I'm thinking of playing Tekken, GGXrd and KOF in PS4. Didn't know about DS2 and Brook adapter. Will look into it. Speaking about DS2, do you know a good way to play PS4 with DS3? I investigated this far about this, and found some workarounds with Sixasis app and Cronus Plus, but the latter is fuckingly expensive.
There's the Brook PS3 to PS4 adapter (White one), it's tourney legal and sold at videogamesnewyork.com

Tanno

There's the Brook PS3 to PS4 adapter (White one), it's tourney legal and sold at videogamesnewyork.com
Thank you very much. This way I'll avoid buying new controllers till they get broken for awhile.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
@THTB Before your shit broke, were you able to turn your console on with it? I finally got my new PS4 slim and this fightpad (didn't notice yours broke until it was too late) and I can't even turn my console on with it, just with my standard dual shock. Major pain in the ass already...

C-Sword

Noob
@THTB Before your shit broke, were you able to turn your console on with it? I finally got my new PS4 slim and this fightpad (didn't notice yours broke until it was too late) and I can't even turn my console on with it, just with my standard dual shock. Major pain in the ass already...
Most 3rd party controllers can't do that, the Hori pads can't as well

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I've never been able to turn on my console with any wired controller. They don't even become usable until shortly into the boot up.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
It's been awhile. Does anyone else have some history built up with the pad? D-Pad failure looking common? Furthermore, what are people feeling are the top pad options we have right now?

I'm asking because I think my Hori pad is about donezo. I have the one with the rotating pad and it's pretty not right anymore. That part of the pad was always weird, but I did like that I could use the same pad on PC and PS4 and that there are no triggers. I thought I wanted a 6-button layout for SFV but turns out I just haven't played it (I do kind of use it for others.)

The regular PS4 pad is OK, but I'd really prefer killing triggers (which I do know this pad has) . I'm tempted to order the non-rotating Hori, but I'd kind of like to luck into finding someone that has tried both kinds. I don't think the rotating version really ever was particularly precise, and I'm not sure I want another of those even though they are probably the best rated out of the bunch.

I kind of feel like pad options aren't there. Seems like there are a lot of sticks out there, but for pad is it's like get the official pad or gamble on this one or a Hori. Hori being the only one of note that strips off all the analog stuff you don't need for fighters.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
It's been awhile. Does anyone else have some history built up with the pad? D-Pad failure looking common? Furthermore, what are people feeling are the top pad options we have right now?

I'm asking because I think my Hori pad is about donezo. I have the one with the rotating pad and it's pretty not right anymore. That part of the pad was always weird, but I did like that I could use the same pad on PC and PS4 and that there are no triggers. I thought I wanted a 6-button layout for SFV but turns out I just haven't played it (I do kind of use it for others.)

The regular PS4 pad is OK, but I'd really prefer killing triggers (which I do know this pad has) . I'm tempted to order the non-rotating Hori, but I'd kind of like to luck into finding someone that has tried both kinds. I don't think the rotating version really ever was particularly precise, and I'm not sure I want another of those even though they are probably the best rated out of the bunch.

I kind of feel like pad options aren't there. Seems like there are a lot of sticks out there, but for pad is it's like get the official pad or gamble on this one or a Hori. Hori being the only one of note that strips off all the analog stuff you don't need for fighters.

I had both the rotating and non rotating Hori FC. I purchased two non rotating FC back in March and then another one in April. No problems to me what so ever. I used them mainly for SFV. I sold me Rotating one after I got the second pad. They have held up for me and haven't had any issues. I just recently purchased the Hori Rap 4 fightstick.

IMO I love Hori and their fightpad is the best for me. I had MKX pdp pad and it was trash. I don't think the DS4 is meant for fighting games. Never got the Mad Catz fightpad but there was nothing but bad rep on the Dpad, from both old and new version. To me the best fight pad is the Hori FC (non rotating D-Pad). But I am really loving stick as well and been learning that. Hope this helps man.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

I had both the rotating and non rotating Hori FC. I purchased two non rotating FC back in March and then another one in April. No problems to me what so ever. I used them mainly for SFV. I sold me Rotating one after I got the second pad. They have held up for me and haven't had any issues. I just recently purchased the Hori Rap 4 fightstick.

IMO I love Hori and their fightpad is the best for me. I had MKX pdp pad and it was trash. I don't think the DS4 is meant for fighting games. Never got the Mad Catz fightpad but there was nothing but bad rep on the Dpad, from both old and new version. To me the best fight pad is the Hori FC (non rotating D-Pad). But I am really loving stick as well and been learning that. Hope this helps man.
Same page. I've had a ton of different fight pads for a bunch of different systems and while I loved the Madcatz WWE Brawlpad for Injustice on my 360, their SFV pad on my PS4 didn't even last me a month (and I had the newer version with the allegedly-but-not-actually fixed dpad). Total trash and I think only the PDP MKX pad was worse overall.

Never tried the rotating dpad Hori but don't need to: the Fighting Commander is where it's at. Been using it for a few months now and still no issues. I'd personally like a bigger dpad and more to grip but beggars can't be choosers and those are not even complaints, just nitpicking. It's a really great pad. Unless they ever make a 6 button version of the regular PS4 pad, which I doubt will ever happen, I'll be sticking with the FC.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Well, it sounds like I would be a bit foolish not to at least try the non-rotating Hori.

Thanks for the replies.

TKB

Noob
Well, it sounds like I would be a bit foolish not to at least try the non-rotating Hori.

Thanks for the replies.
This is the pad you want: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx?ad=152742950054&gclid=CLqg36WuodECFQetaQod-KwIqw&ref=froogle_us

I've owned both the FC4 with rotating d pad and the one from the link above. It's been really durable and IMO more comfortable than the FC4. Probably the best pad I've ever owned.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I did end up getting me the recommended Hori and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. I think it's pretty much what I was wanting. I have to hold it a little differently than I'm used to, but it's still pretty comfortable and works for everything I want it for.

My particular one has a questionable L1 but that isn't a button I use much, and some of the parts for my old Hori look like they might be the same so I may be able to do something about it if it gets too annoying.

I feel like the durability is going to come down to the rubber pads inside (as it so often does) where as the rotating Hori pad assembly was breaking down on me before. Turns out my Square button was torn as well so I my have been at end of pad life regardless.

Are new rubbers (or whatever you call them) ever sold for popular pads or is a pad dead as soon as one part wears out? Seems like a waste to retire pads for that reason.

Tanno

Hey fellas, do we know any site that sells backpacks for Mad Catz fightsticks? I plan to buy one for me.