What's new

Maaan nightwolf seems rough.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I was thinking about picking him up for that underplayed swag. (plus he has like the coolest fatalities).

Now, I play smoke as my main and have no secondaries (Nightwolf!?).
I just can't see why I would use this character for something that I can't do with smoke. I mean, he has shitty pressure options, or rather very limited ones (half of his strings seem USELESS considering block frame data). His damage output seems unfairly low for the amount of work he has to put in IMO but maybe I'm wrong about that. He's got a big ass hitbox. His pokes are short-ranged and don't stand out compared to the rest of the cast in the frame department. His d4 is very short, which would be fine if his super long sweep wasn't fuck-terrible on block. Hell, he doesn't even have a 6 frame move to top that all off. He's got a great AA in standing 1 but at 9 frames it seems hard to check people with as it doesn't even hit crouch block. You say his footsie game is good but (EX)shoulder is so baitable/FCPable. He's got armor but most of it seems weak (not sure if EX hatchet has armor). He lacks 50/50 mixups and low/overhead combo starters.

But, I'm not here to shit on your character. What does he do?? I can't figure out what exactly nightwolf should be used for. I seriously can't see him doing anything better than anyone, he's a FISH!

I don't get it, why do YOU use nightwolf?

Enenra

Go to hell.
That's just it, I don't.

I use Kenshi now for fuck's sake, why would I ever use NW? It's like going up to the plate to bat with the donut weights still on.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Seriously, I want to like this character :(

L0tF should come in here and pick apart my OP.
First of all, nw would beat smoke if smoke didn't have a reset.

Damage:
He gets mid 40s for one meter or 40 no meter. 49-51% in the corner. If me gets a lightning after a combo damage can exceed 70%. He gets great damage.

Footsies:
Great range on b1 and b2. B111 has multiple hits and is safe when canceled into axe. 1221 is GREAT footsie string so is b221 and 23. Shoulder may hit high but is a great great great footsie tool. Eh shoulder isn't really footsie tool but is good for interrupting pressure. His footsies are good and better than most of the cast however the top tiers can be overwhelming.

Pressure:
All his strings are neutral on block meaning he can shoulder after (10 frames), dash d3, d1 axe, or f3 over an opponents low poke. If they poke he can also jump over for crossover pressure. His pressure isn't shitty. It's good

Mobility:
He isn't reptile, raiden or Kung Lao but shoulder moves him across the screen quickly. But he usually doesn't need to move because he is a brick wall.

AA:
His standing 1 brings you to the corner and his axe has a great hitbox. You can jump at him meanIng you have to approach from the front where shoulder and b1/1221/b22 and lightning are waiting. He is a tank.

He can be gimmicky and he doesn't do well against kabal, kenshi, Sonya and some other top tiers, his hit box is too big, but he is still an effective character who I enjoy playing. Your just terrible with him. In time you will understand.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
And I can't believe I forgot...reflect. Makes him UN zonable by some/most of the cast. He does THIS better than everyone.

You should play him...he is really good

Enenra

Go to hell.
Man i was just making fun of the fact that you pick up a new main every two weeks. I predict Kitana next.
Eew Kitana GTFO

My main switches between 5 people (SZ, Rep, Smoke, Rain, Scorp). Now no one but Smoke and Kenshi seem to fit me, and I like Kenshi waaaaaaaay more than Smoke.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I play Nightwolf because, he is my favorite character hands down! Nothing about him is overpowered, but when played correctly Nightwolf can overpower a lot of the cast.
does this make any sense?
Edit: nightwolf is a pretty cool guy

Espio

Kokomo
I like Nightwolf, he's a decent character, but I don't play him at a high enough level to comment extensively. He feels solid, but not overpowered and I like that about him, if I was still into playing a bunch of characters I'd play him more, he's better than a lot of characters to be honest.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Nightwolf is a great character and one of my secondaries :). He is just one of those character you have to play smart with.