What's new

M2Dave's Friends of the Internet Most Recent Injustice: GAU Tier List

E

Eldriken

But again, the point is the mind game still exists. Unless the Sinestro has no trait/meter, you can't just dash after a fear blast.

For example, after a non-MB ring toss from Zatanna, flash gets a free dash; every time. There is no mind game or mixup.

The reason I bring it up is because it's not free. It's exactly the opposite of free. You have to make a read that it's safe to dash unless the opponent has no meter/trait.

Anyways, not meaning to start an argument here, just pointing that out hahaha.
Fair enough. I see your point.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Batman has terrible strings what the hell lol. All very short range and mostly high attacks that whiff over peoples heads and can be full combo'd. What strings do you speak of are top 5 in the game?
Batman has much better frame advantage on his strings and they're much faster for punishing point blank. If you're talking about range though, yeah Sinestro has the better string. My point was that Sinestro can't really punish unsafe moves point-blank very well outside of D1 Shackles or 112. Batman has bats. You don't need a ton of range on your strings when you have bats.

TKB

Noob
Batman has much better frame advantage on his strings and they're much faster for punishing point blank. If you're talking about range though, yeah Sinestro has the better string. My point was that Sinestro can't really punish unsafe moves point-blank very well outside of D1 Shackles or 112. Batman has bats. You don't need a ton of range on your strings when you have bats.
Don't underestimate b1 and d2 as punishers for sinestro.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Standing 2 for sinestro is 10 frames so it isnt that bad as a punisher either

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
But again, the point is the mind game still exists. Unless the Sinestro has no trait/meter, you can't just dash after a fear blast.

For example, after a non-MB ring toss from Zatanna, flash gets a free dash; every time. There is no mind game or mixup.

The reason I bring it up is because it's not free. It's exactly the opposite of free. You have to make a read that it's safe to dash unless the opponent has no meter/trait.

Anyways, not meaning to start an argument here, just pointing that out hahaha.
That's true, but you can dash with minimal risk. The worst case scenario is that you eat 6% off of a MB FB. If Sinestro doesn't MB it then he will eat a huge combo into a vortex. Or if you look at it from the opposite end, you can just stay ducking and force Sinestro to use his meter for almost nothing and STILL leave himself at negative frames. The FB is not a good move imo. It is designed to catch people moving when he charges trait but the problem is that even if he is right at guessing on the movement, he doesn't really get anything. FB has to hit from really far away to grant any kind of frame advantage. At most ranges, a lot of characters get free dashes even if they are HIT. The only real utility of FB is to ends rounds or take the last few % points of life.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
All his strings suck in comparison to GL b13, Aquaman b12, Sinestro b12, etc. That's why I'm asking you specifically what strings are you talking about of Batman's? Batman's 112, 113, b112, b113, 223, f23, all can be crouched and full combo'd by alot of the cast. So what strings of Batman are you specifically talking about that are top 5 in the game? He has terrible strings

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That's true, but you can dash with minimal risk. The worst case scenario is that you eat 6% off of a MB FB. If Sinestro doesn't MB it then he will eat a huge combo into a vortex. Or if you look at it from the opposite end, you can just stay ducking and force Sinestro to use his meter for almost nothing and STILL leave himself at negative frames. The FB is not a good move imo. It is designed to catch people moving when he charges trait but the problem is that even if he is right at guessing on the movement, he doesn't really get anything. FB has to hit from really far away to grant any kind of frame advantage. At most ranges, a lot of characters get free dashes even if they are HIT. The only real utility of FB is to ends rounds or take the last few % points of life.
Doomsday has a vortex?

All his strings suck in comparison to GL b13, Aquaman b12, Sinestro b12, etc. That's why I'm asking you specifically what strings are you talking about of Batman's? Batman's 112, 113, b112, b113, 223, f23, all can be crouched and full combo'd by alot of the cast. So what strings of Batman are you specifically talking about that are top 5 in the game? He has terrible strings
Dude what are you talking about? Batmans 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 string goes full screen

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Sinestros trait shot might b the best punish move in the game.

You can literally sit there and block and mash trait shot if the opp has holes in their strings or pressure they will get blown up.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Perhaps. But Wound is the ONLY Sinestro you see playing at that level. Maybe P2W, but you don't see him compete as often. Maybe Max doesn't know the Sinestro MU well? Maybe Wound is just THAT good? Maybe every other Sinestro doesn't know the Bane MU well to play it like Wound does?

But B12 /B13 being top 5 normals in the game? Come on. B12 is good, but vs a lot of characters it puts Sinestro in a sticky situation since he doesn't have many point blank options and a lot of characters can check his backdash after B12. I'll admit it's great for checking ppl dashing and pushing buttons, but that's about it. Batman, GL, Aquaman, BA, BG, Flash, all have better strings.

B13 is only good for combos and an occasional B13-Arachnid frame trap.

Good discussinz.
I agree that Wound is really good. I think he's one of the best players in our scene even if it's not reflected by results. But Sinestro is also a ridiculous character. B1 IS easily one of the best normals in the game. It's the main thing that makes Sinestro so great in the neutral game outside of his trait. It's not just a check, his b1 strings + d2 makes the character extremely difficult to get in on when most characters pretty much have to get in on him to cause any real damage. It makes any attempt to start offense extremely risky, and you can't just sit around all day on him when he has trait charge and zoning tools.

I also disagree with the argument that there aren't many successful Sinestro players. There aren't a lot of people who play the character in general and the other ones who do just have to work on it, imo. There's only 1-2 people who have been successful with characters like Zod and Batgirl too, but it doesn't mean the characters aren't really good. There's only one person winning majors with Aquaman but we can all agree he's pretty broken too lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Killer Frost has a vortex and is a mid tier character. What is your point? DD gives Sinestro trouble because of the footsies and the knockdown game.
My point is that you said if Sinestro doesn't MB it he will "eat a huge combo into vortex..."

Doomsday doesn't have a vortex.

Perhaps. But Wound is the ONLY Sinestro you see playing at that level. Maybe P2W, but you don't see him compete as often. Maybe Max doesn't know the Sinestro MU well? Maybe Wound is just THAT good? Maybe every other Sinestro doesn't know the Bane MU well to play it like Wound does?

But B12 /B13 being top 5 normals in the game? Come on. B12 is good, but vs a lot of characters it puts Sinestro in a sticky situation since he doesn't have many point blank options and a lot of characters can check his backdash after B12. I'll admit it's great for checking ppl dashing and pushing buttons, but that's about it. Batman, GL, Aquaman, BA, BG, Flash, all have better strings.

B13 is only good for combos and an occasional B13-Arachnid frame trap.

Good discussinz.
B13 Arachnaid has a 6-12 frame gap in between it on block lol. If you do b13 on block your unsafe on everything unless a bounce cancel.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I agree that Wound is really good. I think he's one of the best players in our scene even if it's not reflected by results. But Sinestro is also a ridiculous character. B1 IS easily one of the best normals in the game. It's the main thing that makes Sinestro so great in the neutral game outside of his trait. It's not just a check, his b1 strings + d2 makes the character extremely difficult to get in on when most characters pretty much have to get in on him to cause any real damage. It makes any attempt to start offense extremely risky, and you can't just sit around all day on him when he has trait charge and zoning tools.

I also disagree with the argument that there aren't many successful Sinestro players. There aren't a lot of people who play the character in general and the other ones who do just have to work on it, imo. There's only 1-2 people who have been successful with characters like Zod and Batgirl too, but it doesn't mean the characters aren't really good. There's only one person winning majors with Aquaman but we can all agree he's pretty broken too lol.
Aquaman, Martian, Batman, and arguably DD have better footsies than Sinestro. He is a poor man's version of the true top tier characters.

Aquaman, Martian, Batman, and arguably DD have better footsies than Sinestro. He is a poor man's version of the true top tier characters.
he has better zoning than DD aqua and batman though... and in regards to footsies, sinestro's trait makes his footsies ridiculous when he gets it

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune

Don't forget b1 is grab immune

TKB

Noob
Please enlighten us as to how batman, martian and doomsday have better footsies than Sinestro. Lol. The downplaying....

haketh

Noob
MMH definitley has better footies, things like trait 1 & 3 are that good. Doomsday has better footsies until Sinestro has trait up, D+1, D+3, & Venom are really good footsies tools. Batman, no way in hell does he have better footsies than Sinestro.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
B13 Arachnaid has a 6-12 frame gap in between it on block lol. If you do b13 on block your unsafe on everything unless a bounce cancel.
Hence the term.... frame trap. Unless the opponent is at point blank range with really fast normals, the Arachnid Sting will hit you out of any punish you try to use on B13. Literally the definition of a frame trap lol. If you block the whole thing, B13xAS, you're usually too far away to punish (most characters). It's never a 100% safe bet, but it's not bad to toss out here and there.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Nah. You see half the top players with pocket Aquamen and a lot of ppl play Batgirl. SonicFox and Theo are just better. I cannot remember the last time I saw an awesome Sinestro player who wasn't P2W or Wound. It doesn't mean they're not out there or they're not online warriors--they just don't come up often, that's all.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Nah. You see half the top players with pocket Aquamen and a lot of ppl play Batgirl. SonicFox and Theo are just better. I cannot remember the last time I saw an awesome Sinestro player who wasn't P2W or Wound. It doesn't mean they're not out there or they're not online warriors--they just don't come up often, that's all.
People play Aquaman but they don't necessarily understand his top level game. I've never played/seen a Batgirl nearing the level of Sonicfox either. Tbh there's a strong chance she wouldn't even be considered top 5 if it weren't for him. There are some pretty solid sinestro players like Hysteria, just not on the level of Cowboy (no offense to him). Players playing at a high level with their character like Cowboy, P2W, Theo, SonicFox, Pig, etc don't just show how good they are but how good their characters are, and the focus should be on what they're doing and not what everyone else is. That helps us analyze their characters as well. Like, I don't have many issues with Sinestro players outside Cowboy and P2W, but it's not them overcoming a bad matchup. It's not about whether they're better/worse players than me and just outplaying me, they're just able to show how well his tools can be used and how they can dominate my character. Even if I was beating Cowboy in sets by severely outplaying him, I'd still be able to look at the character's tools by the way players like him have developed him to see why it would be a bad matchup.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So 2 characters who we all agree is better than him, and one with an inconsistent tool he doesn't always have and might just cause more issues for your character than against others. lol

Even if, for sake of argument, you included those, it would still be a top 5 footsie tool. If he was a poor man's version of MMH/Aqua that's irrelevant, he could still be top 5.

Optimator

Casual Aspirations
Surely WW's B2 is in contention for one of the best normals too, unless I'm mistaken. Not particularly relevant to the discussion but I thought I'd throw that out there.