What's new

Match-up Discussion m2dave's Deathstroke Match Up Chart

Well there is no reason for him to insult us constantly by telling us that we are fools.

Once Hawkgirl gets DS in corner she can check him with bf2 and mb it for 40%+ combos.

How does that sound worse than what Lobo can do to DS in corner? :confused:
"Fool" is Dave's way of telling us that he loves us, or thinks we could learn some things. It's nothing to take personal, since it's a regular thing of his. Laugh and chuckle at that! :D

Okay, that's a start.

Do you know what Lobo is capable of? Have you seen any Lobo players that know how to deal with Deathstroke?

"Fool" is Dave's way of telling us that he loves us, or thinks we could learn some things. It's nothing to take personal, since it's a regular thing of his. Laugh and chuckle at that! :D

Okay, that's a start.

Do you know what Lobo is capable of? Have you seen any Lobo players that know how to deal with Deathstroke?
His statements on Lobo is full of ignorance :(

In the corner you can Party Crasher cross up,with trait you can 21~DF1D, 12 or 113~Czar Toss MB, B3, JI2, 21~Hook Charge for around 42-50%. without it you can B2U1 instead, go for links that jail and tick throws into meaty czar (Blocked J1, 12, 21 D1, B2U1 etc.)

You can fuzzy guard Hawkgirls mix up.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I also think Aquaman vs DS is probably 5-5. I think DS used to body Aquaman before the nerfs, but playing Slips post UFGT I would say its likely 5-5.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Just because Lobo is a worse character than Hawkgirl on tier lists doesn't mean that DS would have a harder time fighting Hawkgirl over Lobo. Lobo might be a better MU against DS than Hawkgirl.

I'm just throwing that out there for IceBaby.

I don't play DS by the way so I don't know how he does against the fast except Sinestro and Aquaman who are my mains and Dave's chart seems good IMO in regards to those two.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
m2dave said:
Hawkgirl 7-3
Notes: Hawkgirl sucks. Extremely one dimensional character.
I'm just going to hang on to this safe and sound for the eventual blowup of biblical proportions

Espio

Kokomo
It's actually pretty much the same as the last few that have been put out. You're not charting new territory, though we definitely need to start getting the stickied matchup thread updated.

I've said this before in a couple match up threads, but if people want updates to the original post in their respective character forums let me know or another moderator and I'm sure they'd be glad to edit in commonly agreed upon updates with relevant, helpful information to go along with the numbers.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I've said this before in a couple match up threads, but if people want updates to the original post in their respective character forums let me know or another moderator and I'm sure they'd be glad to edit in commonly agreed upon updates with relevant, helpful information to go along with the numbers.
Yep, already had a chat with J360 about it. We'll get it fixed up. :)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I can dig that, now what about air gun shot?
I did not think that the aerial gunshots should have been changed in any way, shape, or form, but in comparison to the low gunshots I am indifferent to this change.

I also think Aquaman vs DS is probably 5-5. I think DS used to body Aquaman before the nerfs, but playing Slips post UFGT I would say its likely 5-5.
I think Aquaman is the second most normalized character after Deathstroke. The nerfs to low scoop and f+1,3 are very significant, but as are the nerfs to low gunshots, so I guess everything evens out in the end.

Also, you must not quit Injustice.

4x4lo8o

Noob
possibly but have you ever fought a good DS? idk maby my rushdown is just ass.
I think the thing that makes it near even is how much damage Ares can get on a good read on Low Gunshots. If DS gets a little too predictable with his guns and you teleport one DS could be eating 40%+ from a 3d2 combo.

Ares can't zone without meter, and probably loses slightly up close, but teleport means the DS player really has to stay on his toes. If you're relying solely on teleport you'll get smoked, but if DS is respecting it too much you can walk him to the corner or get in for free and if he's reckless with guns it's easier to blow him up with teleport.

I like to use invis a lot in this match up. Deathstroke gets rid of it easily with guns, but the start up animation looks like teleport so it makes DS jumpy and he's less likely to punish when you actually teleport

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I actually agree on most of this but a few. I expected more downplaying from Dave.

I believe MMH beats DS. I have no real MU exp but on paper I'd assume that MMH gets through zoning with his TPs and MB Airdash. His ranged normals is advantageous against DS footsies. And he would completely control DS on knockdown. Despite Wake-Up Sword Flip being super godlke.

Raven wins when DS is outside Flip range, otherwise he whiff punishes her Specials and his normals have better range. What number would I put it? IDK maybe 5-5. You're not gonna want to run away from Raven anyways.

Also I'm free to Flash and Hawkgirl. Somebody help me on these MUs.

Crathen

Death is my business
Here's what i think:

Aquaman 5-5

Ares 6-4

Bane 6-4 ( can be 5-5 depending on stage )

Grundy 5-5

Batgirl 4-6

Batman 5-5 ( could be 4-6 in the future , but i belive it will stay 5-5 )

Catwoman 6-4

Doomsday 5-5

Green Lantern 5-5 ( could be 6-4 )

Flash hard 4-6 ( could very well be around 3.5 -6,5 but imma round it up because i don't like ,5 )

Green Arrow 5-5

Harley Quinn 6-4 ( could be 5-5 depending on the stage )

Black Adam 5-5

MMH i'm not ready to tell exactly but i can see this being 4-6 in the future

Raven 5-5 ( can be 6-4 depending on stage , i can see this becoming 6-4 on any stage in the future )

Scorpion 5-5

Superman 5-5

WonderWoman 4-6 ( could be 5-5 depending on the stage )

Zod probably 5-5

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ares DS is atleast 4-6. No way this goes even.
You cant zone, you cant wake up, DS can wake up for free all the time.
A deathstroke player who knows the ares mu aint gonna sit there and shoot you, he will rush you down. Ive played vs some good DS player who know the ares mu its ugly.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
I think the thing that makes it near even is how much damage Ares can get on a good read on Low Gunshots. If DS gets a little too predictable with his guns and you teleport one DS could be eating 40%+ from a 3d2 combo.

Ares can't zone without meter, and probably loses slightly up close, but teleport means the DS player really has to stay on his toes. If you're relying solely on teleport you'll get smoked, but if DS is respecting it too much you can walk him to the corner or get in for free and if he's reckless with guns it's easier to blow him up with teleport.

I like to use invis a lot in this match up. Deathstroke gets rid of it easily with guns, but the start up animation looks like teleport so it makes DS jumpy and he's less likely to punish when you actually teleport
no no no if DS stays full screen and does nothing he can punish teleport easy. And if ares does dark energy DS can easily low gun shot to punish. so ares HAS to get in.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Ares DS is atleast 4-6. No way this goes even.
You cant zone, you cant wake up, DS can wake up for free all the time.
A deathstroke player who knows the ares mu aint gonna sit there and shoot you, he will rush you down. Ive played vs some good DS player who know the ares mu its ugly.
Trust me its bad for ares. i thought as you but then i faced a DS that just sat there doing nothing and Ares cannot zone AT ALL.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Trust me its bad for ares. i thought as you but then i faced a DS that just sat there doing nothing and Ares cannot zone AT ALL.
I haven't played good DS's who only zone, so i can't really say much about that, but i got demolished by a rushdown deathstroke. They don't let you wakeup at all once your knocked down.
Lets just say its a BAD MU for ares no matter how he plays.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Aquaman is the second most normalized character after Deathstroke. The nerfs to low scoop and f+1,3 are very significant, but as are the nerfs to low gunshots, so I guess everything evens out in the end.

Also, you must not quit Injustice.
Eh, if Superman and Black Adam ever get normalized and GL and Aqua stay the same I think theres a good chance they will start running the game. Aquaman is still very likely top 5 even after the normalizations due to the fact he beats a good amount of the cast.

Since MK isn't probably going to be a main game at any tournament in the forseeable future, I probably will put some more time in Injustice. I probably will work on another char though to help Aquamans bad matchups though.

Well there is no reason for him to insult us constantly by telling us that we are fools.

Once Hawkgirl gets DS in corner she can check him with bf2 and mb it for 40%+ combos.

How does that sound worse than what Lobo can do to DS in corner? :confused:
Most characters can wreck opponents in the corner - that's 2D fighting 101. And it means jack squat that she can get good corner damage against him if she can't even get him into the corner in the first place.

DS vs HG is terrible for Hawkgirl because:
a) Air gun shots are excellent at nullifying Flight
b) Gun shots make it difficult for her to approach
c) She's literally the worst character in the game at punishing gun shots
d) Her normals are garbage compared to Deathstroke's

Regarding DS vs WW, it's definitely some sort of advantage for Wonder Woman, though probably no worse than 4-6.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Mustard and I think the Deathstroke-Bane matchup is a 5-5.

Due to the dash buff, Deathstroke can only keep Bane out for so long until he inevitably gets in, and the armor properties of banes venom specials stop deathstroke from being able to wakeup with sword spin, meaning the wakeup option out of Banes pressure becomes a huge gamble given you must wakeup with a heavily unsafe sword flip. spin is straight up not an option in the corner, but you can occasionally escape with it midscreen. Meaning neither character has the edge on Deathstrokes knockdown.

J3 when Bane is venomed is also easy to stuff due to venom upper. Deathstroke has to rely on hitting bane when he either has no Venom, or is debuffed. Should the bane player manage his Venom correctly, it becomes very hard for Deathstroke to play his main game.

That said, When bane IS debuffed, gunshots always work a treat, and if you can end your combo in focus right as banes venom is about to run out, you can cause serious unavoidable damage. Not to mention you can still zone bane to an extent. Definitely a character I feel you have to try and keep off you.