What's new

Match-up Discussion m2dave's Deathstroke Match Up Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
BUFF LOW GUNSHOTS IN THE NEXT PATCH!

I am kidding, fools.

Everybody in the community knows that I complain about low gunshots a lot, but Deathstroke is still one of my main characters. In this thread, I would like to share my match up numbers. I may leave question marks for several match ups due to lack of experience and/or match up knowledge.

Deathstroke vs.

Aquaman 4-6
Notes: Aquaman has great footsies which lead to lots of damage. He can punish high and low gunshots at certain distances with the trident. He can out-turtle Deathstroke with a life lead using the trident and trait. If you try to punish the trident when the trait is activated, he blocks the second bullet and either gets a punish or guaranteed check.

Ares ?-?
Notes: None.

Bane 6-4

Batgirl ?-?
Notes: I have yet to play somebody who is competent with the character.

Batman 4-6
Notes: Batman cannot punish low gunshots, but it does not matter because he gets in easily with proper bat management. His combos carry to the wall, where he has some ridiculous set ups and pressure with bats, batarangs and MB batarangs.

Black Adam 5-5
Notes: Deathstroke can somewhat limit Black Adam unlike the vast majority of characters.

Catwoman ?-?
Notes: 16 Bit insists that Deathstroke wins, but I cannot trust this man's infamous downplaying until I experience the match up myself.

Cyborg 6-4
Notes: Cyborg can do nothing but zone, yet Deathstroke's anti-zoning tools are one of the best in the game.

Deathstroke 5-5
Notes: Annoying mirror match but not as painful to watch and play as pre-patch.

Doomsday ?-?
Notes: I am not sure. Deathstroke should technically do well. Doomsday relies a lot on knockdowns and pressure, but Deathstroke's wake up attacks are one of the best in the game.

Flash 3-7
Notes: This match up is bad. Be sure to watch the Kryptonian Academy Podcast when AK Harold and Zyphox are guests. We will analyze this match up.

Green Arrow ?-?
Notes: Has anybody ever played or even seen this match up?

Green Lantern 5-5
Notes: Green Lantern gets dominated anywhere on the screen but close and mid range, where he has a tremendous advantage due to b+1 and lift.

Harley Quinn ?-?
Notes: I have no clue, but I would assume that on paper Deathstroke wins 6:4.

Hawkgirl 7-3
Notes: Hawkgirl sucks. Extremely one dimensional character.

Joker ?-?
Notes: I have no clue, but I would assume that on paper Deathstroke wins 6:4.

Killer Frost 4-6
Notes: Iceberg punishes blocked low gunshots anywhere on the screen, but the MB version is safe.

Lex Luthor 6-4
Notes: I think Deathstroke wins, but I am concerned about smart Lex players who know how to get in and use the Corp Charge properly.

Lobo 6-4
Notes: Lobo relies on knockdowns and pressure, but Deathstroke's wake up attacks are one of the best in the game.

Martian Manhunter 5-5
Notes: MMH is an even match up based on my early impressions fighting REO.

Nightwing ?-?
Notes: Nightwing could be trouble.

Raven 4-6
Notes: She punishes any one of Deathstroke's projectiles as long as she is in range for the squeeze. I say 4-6 now but could perhaps be even in the future.

Scorpion ?-?
Notes: Does anybody even use this fool any more?

Shazam ?-?
Notes: A character based on gimmicks. I need more experience.

Sinestro 5-5

Solomon Grundy 5-5
Notes: If you get thrown and the Grundy player activates the shield, you will have a very difficult time fighting this character.

Superman 4-6
Notes: f+2 is too much for Deathstroke. At least he wins the distance battle.

Wonder Woman ?-?
Notes: Few players use Wonder Woman. Not sure why, but I am concerned about this match up after seeing what F0xy does.

Zod ?-?
Note: I was wrong when I said Zod is mediocre. His ability to manipulate interactables is one of the best in the game.

Comment, question, criticize.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
CW is probably 6-4 him. His zoning game is a pain but the main problem is his great wakeup game nullifies her Oki,and his jump ins hurt her because of her lack of a true AA.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Why is anyone taking this MU chart with any seriousness? m2dave has no tournament placings with DS. And didn't he lose to a Shazam? He probably thinks that MU is 5-5 when DS wins.

:confused:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Why is anyone taking this MU chart with any seriousness? m2dave has no tournament placings with DS. And didn't he lose to a Shazam? He probably thinks that MU is 5-5 when DS wins.

This match up chart is more accurate than any other in this forum. I do not down or up play. I just say how it is.

Sword spin (d,b+3) is 7F, fully invincible, and safe. Sword flip (d,f+3) is 7F and fully invincible. Lots of characters have to ask themselves "Which side do I have to execute my wake up attack?" I do not because d,b+3 becomes d,f+3 and vice versa.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
KF was 6-4 prehotfix. The MU now is very 5-5.
Even Mr. Downplayer 16 Bit admits that Killer Frost has an advantage.

Also m2dave has DS beating Hawkgirl 7-3 but DS only beating Lobo 6-4? We all know m2dave has a bias against Hawkgirl.

This match up chart is not set in stone, fool.

Deathstroke could beat Lobo 7:3. I do not know. REO was my only Lobo competition and he dropped the character two months ago.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Dave, do you think they should bring back Slade's day one low guns minus a few frames of hit stun and block stun? I find that to be fair.

Also m2dave has DS beating Hawkgirl 7-3 but DS only beating Lobo 6-4? We all know m2dave has a bias against Hawkgirl.

Lobo can actually fight deathstroke, why does everyone think he's shit? :/

Hawkgirl is almost always going to get shot :(. I play both, and have a little experience in this matchup.

Lobo can even use his low chain grab punish, and can roll under Deathstrokes gun shots (except low). We can combo punish sword flip for a lot of damage (believe around 45+, not sure yet) . Deathstroke has to be careful but I say Deathstroke 5.5-4.5 for now.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Please, elaborate on why m2dave's opinion could use some adjusting. Tell us why vs Hawkgirl being 7-3 and vs Lobo being 6-4 sounds off.

There's no need to say these things about Dave without trying to explain your reasons for saying so.
Well there is no reason for him to insult us constantly by telling us that we are fools.

Once Hawkgirl gets DS in corner she can check him with bf2 and mb it for 40%+ combos.

How does that sound worse than what Lobo can do to DS in corner? :confused: