What's new

Match-up Discussion m2dave's Deathstroke Match Up Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yet another stupid teleport character to worry about...

Deathstroke players deserve Red Hood with pre-patch low gunshots.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Um Ares, Scorpion, and DoomsDay would like to say Hi.

Ares - Was the Cyrax of the game and dropped down tiers after nerf.

Scorpion - Ahem. No need to go into detail as you and your friends were in charge of the Nerf Train.

DoomsDay - Splash hitbox drastically nerfed, string chip (1,1,2) diminished, and OTG chop after sweep removed.

You were saying? :)
The reset that Aris had was a glitch and not intended to be in the game.

Doomsday was never top 5, even with those aspects that you mentioned.

I concede Scorpion.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i really dont think teleports are that hard to deal with, it just forces you to play differently but you can still blow them up, you just cant get to reckless with guns against those characters

Icebaby

Ice Queen
The reset that Aris had was a glitch and not intended to be in the game.

Doomsday was never top 5, even with those aspects that you mentioned.

I concede Scorpion.
DoomsDay was not top 5 when no one in the game could anti air him sans Aquaman? And how every time he touched you he did 7% chip and built half a bar? :confused:

Ares reset was not a "glitch" It was just not intended to be that way just like how DS low guns were not intended to have that recovery and meter on block... colt confirmed this in stream chat when I asked him.

webreg

Noob
Ares Axe and Sword disappear if he takes damage. DS can easily react to both of them at mid screen or farther and doesn't need to trade due to the instant impact of his shots. The energy projectile can be ducked unless it is meter burned. Ares is useless in zoning DS. He needs to get in. Problem is that gun shots beat out the god smacks and the teleport is easily punishable if the DS is not just brainlessly spamming his guns and actually anticipates the teleport at all times. So Ares often needs to walk, dash, jump his way in and he is not very good at any of them. Sure, Ares will get an opening every one in a while for good damage so the match-up is certainly not horrible but it is unfavorable.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I fought FOREVER KING 's Batman earlier. The match up is bad. Batman's corner game is ridiculous.

I was doing much, much better with Zod.

definitely a bad matchup. what i like to do is chip him on his way in and dodge bats and try to make a read on his approach. try to have him eat a jb3, MB F3 or something. the options seem limited but thats just how it is. im not sure about rushing him down, he does have pretty dogshit wakeups so that could be an option.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ares reset was not a "glitch" It was just not intended to be that way just like how DS low guns were not intended to have that recovery and meter on block... colt confirmed this in stream chat when I asked him.
Do I seriously have to talk about some of the stuff that was "intended" to be in the game (i.e., Aquaman's trait, Black Adam's back dash and dive kicks, Superman's f+2,3 xx breath, etc.) yet causes imbalances and very bad match ups? Stop being gullible.

The fact that Deathstroke has a great anti-zoning 10 frame special move, the best f+3 in the game, a very good anti aerial attack, superb wake up options, a safe 50/50 mix up, and above average (albeit worthless in many match ups) zoning and is still outside the top 10 says more about the game's balance than Deathstroke.

definitely a bad matchup. what i like to do is chip him on his way in and dodge bats and try to make a read on his approach. try to have him eat a jb3, MB F3 or something. the options seem limited but thats just how it is. im not sure about rushing him down, he does have pretty dogshit wakeups so that could be an option.
Zoning Batman is very difficult because of bats and the threat of j.2.

You can zone well 50% of the match, get hit by one combo, get cornered and lose.

Vagrant

Noob
I hate to aid downplaying, but I don't see DS beating Sinestro. They both have the same problem- they cannot zone at a certain range because their projectiles become punishable. Trades are even, and slightly in ones favor when they choose to MB. DS is the one that is forced to get in unless he has a big life lead. 5-5 imo.
After running it with you I'd say this mu is even.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
After running it with you I'd say this mu is even.
After fighting Playing To Win, I have come to the same conclusion.

I also think Deathstroke loses 6:4 to every single top 10 character (i.e., Aquaman, Batman, Killer Frost, Superman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman) except Black Adam and Green Lantern. I am not entirely sure about Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, and Zod.

Solid character but still average overall.

I also think Deathstroke loses 6:4 to every single top 10 character (i.e., Aquaman, Batman, Killer Frost, Superman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman) except Black Adam and Green Lantern. I am not entirely sure about Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, and Zod.

He doesn't lose to Black Adam?

He says he's kidding on the low guns thing, but says in the improvements thread to make a faster recover on machine gun lol really??

He may. I am not entirely sure, but I do know that he fights Black Adam better than most characters.
He is kinda annoying with all those jumping shenanigans he uses to keep Black Adam out of the air. However,
I feel that Black Adam wins slightly because: if I read a grounded gunshot then I'm taking 40% with a MB DK,
you can't jump around evasively forever against BA because, eventually, I'll just dash in and out-range you with B23.
Air gunshots suck now. I'd might have to play an extended set, but it feels like the advantage is slightly in Black Adam's favor
because Deathstroke is going to be guessing more often than Black Adam.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Fair point but when engaged in a fullscreen zoning war between fear blast then crouch to avoid quickfire and block lgs you may not punish it correctly and if i block a shackle or fear blast ( non MB ) quickfire ( MB even better ) can get me very good damage or a knockdown if you try jumping it into some other guaranteed damage.

When trait runs out i don't mind letting you chip me out a few % or make you build trait since i've probably taken a good amount of Sinestros lifebar ( of course that depends how the lifelead are in that situations ) , other weird thing...if i MB MG the granade actually hits even in trait cooldown so you want to watch out for that too if you think you're building trait superfree.

And i've said DS gets free trait after certain knockdowns , so if i get momentum you're either burning meter for fearblast MB to avoid getting quickfired or you panic and get knocked down or give me free damage.
which knockdowns give him trait?

Crathen

Death is my business
is that 1 worth doing? what are char specific ones.

It's worth doing if you're in the second lifebar and don't want them to break , or simply to force a mistake , you're getting more damage than your bnb if you connect just 3 gunshots

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

i dont think he loses 6:4 to aquaman or KF. those seem to be even. aquaman seems to have a hard time dealing with high guns when he passed the range where he can punish low guns. and you can punish ground trident from anywhere with high guns unless he uses trait but if he does who gives a shit, he isn't moving and his trait is pretty short so its whatever. he gets one trident in for chip.

KF i feel like she can be counterzoned pretty easily and he approaches can be pretty telegraphed. jb3 is really good in this match. low guns under the icicle toss, punish icebergs with high guns. jb3 slide on reaction or read it and you can hit her for a full combo. i see a lot of KF players try to air dash in which of course is really reactable and you can either hit him with j3 or air guns. she seems pretty whack in the air and also against jumping opponents. i also don't think shes top 10 anymore. of course the vortex is scary but thats really all she has that you should worry about. at full screen, dont use low guns really unless its to counter zone. if you read her moving then pop her with high guns.