• yeah

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • nah

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

omooba

fear the moobs
so ketchup posted a tier list (link:
)which as with all tier lists you won't agree with all of them but i'm really curious as to what tym thinks about liu kang being s+ because we haven't really seen any tier list with liu kang as s+. My personal opinion is leaning towards A cus other than xarakamasds, xaraksfjdih, xashjfgshfb..wtv, other than the lui kang god no one has placed well with him as far as i know and he has a lot of problems like xarakadhjfg has pointed out before. The main reason why i think he doesn't belong in s+ though isn't his bad match ups or glitches it's just how slow his moves are. the only thing faster than 9 frames is a high. But then again xarakamaka:D still does incredibly well with him
what do u guys think
@xarakamaka

Last edited:
I think he is A because even tho he has true block strings(its not infnite) he lacks overhead starter and advancing normal. So he has to use dragon kick meter burn thing or run(which will leave him staminaless so you can armor or backdash). Yes he is hard to get rid of when he starts pressuring but real fight is not letting him get close :p

Major Moron74

I'm not paying for your beliefs
People are still stuck in the mentality that Liu Kang is just average but he is definitely top tier. Whether he's S+ or S is debatable, but I personally think he's S+. When I compare him to the other S+ characters I don't feel that he is outclassed in any way. He has amazing pressure, has a straightforward strategy, and can even zone if need be. People always get too concerned over how well a character does at majors or how many pros play that character, when in reality there's more to it than that. I've always felt that the player was more important than the character, so the apparent lack of tournament success doesn't necessarily mean anything, although it can be a helpful indicator to a character's balance.

Put an elastic band round your block button and go afk. Because its not your turn.

He doesn't need an overhead starter, his overhead is already insane as it is; fast and strong space control.
I didnt say he needs one... and its your turn after he deals %11 chip damage which he would deal more if he throwed you. Only thing that is op about him is his back 1 not his block pressure.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
The only thing stupid about DF is the fact he gets in for free. The threat of the flying kick is the real issue. Once you get out of the pressure, you have to deal with his very good zoning and if you respect it too much he will find an opening for a flying kick which leads to +frames and then all hell breaks loose again. Flying kicks are really the center of the issue - i dont give a fuck about blockstrings.

omooba

fear the moobs
When I compare him to the other S+ characters I don't feel that he is outclassed in any way. He has amazing pressure, has a straightforward strategy, and can even zone if need be.
but he has so many problems that the s+ characters don't

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think he is A because even tho he has true block strings(its not infnite) he lacks overhead starter and advancing normal. So he has to use dragon kick meter burn thing or run(which will leave him staminaless so you can armor or backdash). Yes he is hard to get rid of when he starts pressuring but real fight is not letting him get close :p
he makes you come close with zoning actually

omooba

fear the moobs
Play vs Xarakamaka and get back to us how DF isn't a S+ tier.

This character is ridiculous. S+ tier without any doubt.
funny how everyone keeps saying xarasjch this xarahdjsbdf that but everyother s+ and s character has multiple insane liu kangs. i'm not saying liu isn't nasty i'm saying he lacks so much stuff he can't be called s+

omooba

fear the moobs
I personally have in at #5-6 on the tier list. but also top 3 hardest to use characters as well execution wise. his ceiling is enormous and playing at the highest level you have to have next level mind games and patience.
who do u put above him

Major Moron74

I'm not paying for your beliefs
What exactly does Liu Kang lack? He has very few poor matchups which for most people is THE deciding factor in tier lists. When compared to other top tier characters he has the same amount of winning/losing matchups. Some of the cast are completely helpless against his pressure AHEM... Kenshi.

omooba

fear the moobs
What exactly does Liu Kang lack? He has very few poor matchups which for most people is THE deciding factor in tier lists. When compared to other top tier characters he has the same amount of winning/losing matchups. Some of the cast are completely helpless against his pressure AHEM... Kenshi.
not most of the cast is helpless. all u need is 8 frames to trade after ex kick and everyone they put in s+ s and a+ has one of this except maybe takeda. he on the other hand has slower pokes than all of them except maybe takeda. he's the only one with no advancing string. furthest reaching button he has is b2 which is unsafe which means the only overhead he has that's completely safe is 2,2 :DOGE
like i said he's good but he has a lot of problems and glitches

yeh i have him as S+ . i said he was top 5 since the first month of release but knew it would take a while to start playing well with him. he lacks in a lot of areas which i totally understand, but his pressure, zoning , trip guarding, space control, oki game and mixups (not amazing mix ups but with throws and different cancels to confuse opponent) is what makes up for what he lacks. he can be top 3 Imo . 2 bad mus i think at the monent but maybe a couple more might show up but i havent found them yet. but all in all yes 100% S+ . and yes he does NOT HAVE AN INFINITE. if any of you hear someone say that , then please just say ssssssshhhhh false informationnnn :D

omooba

fear the moobs
yeh i have him as S+ . i said he was top 5 since the first month of release but knew it would take a while to start playing well with him. he lacks in a lot of areas which i totally understand, but his pressure, zoning , trip guarding, space control, oki game and mixups (not amazing mix ups but with throws and different cancels to confuse opponent) is what makes up for what he lacks. he can be top 3 Imo . 2 bad mus i think at the monent but maybe a couple more might show up but i havent found them yet. but all in all yes 100% S+ . and yes he does NOT HAVE AN INFINITE. if any of you hear someone say that , then please just say ssssssshhhhh false informationnnn :D
honestly surprised u think he's s+ let alone top 3 but in that case i'm gonna stop arguing against it

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
With all due respect to xarakamaka who i think is the best df kang in the world right now i dont understand how you put him at s+. And i know i have only seen the esl play from you at this time and cant wait to see you play him offline but compared to the other s+ characters he seems to me a bit out of place. I mean he has dirt but not like the other s+ boys and girls

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I won a tournament in Croatia back in June with Dragon's Fire, Liu Kang is definitely somewhere up in the tier list that's for sure, but in my opinion to be really S+ he needs his whiffing issues to be fixed, specially if the variation is going to be nerfed.