What's new

General/Other - Mileena Low Profiling Mids & Lows

omooba

fear the moobs
QUESTION:
Defending Mileena is not the same as defending Ermac or Alien. Ok I want you to tell me why Ball roll low profiling mids is so bad.
ANSWER:
They need to make it so a mid is a mid, as long as your in horizontal range you're getting hit. Then build on that with antiair hitboxes and low crushers etc. having to guess if she's guna wakeup even when she has no meter is hella hella stupid.

Inb4 johnny cage d4 comments lol.
and can we stop throwing around the word downplay so much. considering that he put ermac and mileena in the same group he probably just doesn't know how good the character is

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I can confirm that this is the reason why Triborg gets absolutely murdered by Mileena.
Defending Mileena is not the same as defending Ermac or Alien. Ok I want you to tell me why Ball roll low profiling mids is so bad.
Because you cannot push a button without getting punished even if you're plus. Because you have to base your game around baiting which means she has the upper hand at all times. Because it's not enough with her having amazing footsie tools, amazing armor, mix ups, a teleport, above average damage into a plus standing reset and the best whiff punisher in the game. If you cannot see WHY this is a big issue then you really don't understand MKX or fighting games at all.

I can confirm that this is the reason why Triborg gets absolutely murdered by Mileena.

Because you cannot push a button without getting punished even if you're plus. Because you have to base your game around baiting which means she has the upper hand at all times. Because it's not enough with her having amazing footsie tools, amazing armor, mix ups, a teleport, above average damage into a plus standing reset and the best whiff punisher in the game. If you cannot see WHY this is a big issue then you really don't understand MKX or fighting games at all.
Ok now I can see why it's that big of a deal.

Vick

Noob
Just make her ball roll a true low. There problem solved. :DOGE

On a more serious note, will it require a lot of attention to change her hurt box while using ball roll?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
In its current state ball roll is a fantastic AA and there's nothing I like more than punishing players who are a jumpers jumper.

In a perfect world I'd like to see hitboxes across the board extended downwards but that's probably too much work when they can just extend her hurtbox upwards. Shame.

MK_Al

Noob
Because mids and lows by definition should not be low profiled? I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or not.
To be fair, it's tym's own interpretation of mids that they shouldn't get low profiled, but thats obviously not the case in this game. The only consistent property of mids is that they hit crouching opponents - but nobody ever said that crouching would be the lowest possible hitbox.
Granted, i hate that roll as well (esp because she can low profile jacquis standing 4)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
In this game you shouldn't be allowed to wake up without meter when someone meaties your wakeup.
Which Mileena does 99% of the time with meterless roll.

Now, if it would low profile GM clone, then it would be working properly. So either make it low profile everything, or remove it alltogether.

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
They need to make it so a mid is a mid, as long as your in horizontal range you're getting hit. Then build on that with antiair hitboxes and low crushers etc. having to guess if she's guna wakeup even when she has no meter is hella hella stupid.

Inb4 johnny cage d4 comments lol.
Agreed. It's like you can't even fight the character. Hard to make reads when you gotta worry about a random roll smh.

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
In this game you shouldn't be allowed to wake up without meter when someone meaties your wakeup.
Which Mileena does 99% of the time with meterless roll.

Now, if it would low profile GM clone, then it would be working properly. So either make it low profile everything, or remove it alltogether.
Right. Tired of respecting when you have no meter. Makes 0 sense.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
The game we play. As much as I love the utility of the move and the salt it produces I agree it is dumb. Mids are mids and should not be low profiled by any move imo. Lows being low profiled should not even be a talking point, but it is because this is the game we play