What's new

General/Other - Mileena Low Profiling Mids & Lows

DestructionGodX

God Of Destruction
The game we play. As much as I love the utility of the move and the salt it produces I agree it is dumb. Mids are mids and should not be low profiled by any move imo. Lows being low profiled should not even be a talking point, but it is because this is the game we play
Well said. It's like high, mid, low doesn't mean anything in this game lol. Atrocious. . . .

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It sucks because you can't do anything on knockdown, when you're plus, can't throw a projectile, can't even jump, it just commands a shit ton of respect. Mileena already commands a shit load of respect, and the pure existence of this move outright limits your options, coming from a character that already limits your options.

Other things have low profiling capabilities like slide or some d4s. But it's just that. A slide and a d4, not a 30% launcher.

By far the scariest thing Mileena can do in the neutral is nothing, because that means it's on you to get fucked, which I don't think enough people realize.

I get mileena is a big problem but why get so mad about how the move is designed she is so low to the groundshe goes under stuff like it wouldlook stupid if she had a mile high hurt box on roll if kotal does b1 and she rolls into that little 2ft ball its no way another b1 should hit her when its like 6ft above her head lol its just like every other low profiling move right?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
If moves looked at least similar to wherever they should have hit this wouldn't be a NRS game.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Been playing SF for so long I don't see a big issue with invincible/pseudo-invincible, meterless reversals.

However I see where you guys are coming from, it's not a common thing you've dealt with as MKX players, and it's more character specific than a universal move trait.

The problem is the hitbox on the "mids". Not Roll. There are a number of mids in the game that stuff Roll, but the ones that don't are similar in that they have a higher hitbox. Kotal's D3 damn near hits the person's chin.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Just stumbled upon this looking through the forums. I think one of the issues is incorrect frame data AND execution not being on point. Tie this in with preemptive animations that don't hit till a frame or two after it comes out, and naturally everything will look lopsided. I personally don't have an issue with ball roll low profiling ONLY because it isn't the only move low profiling, plus it's death on block.

The demonstrations you showed were getting beat out by roll by startup, not it magically going under lows, with the exception of Dualists FB. For beating out your mid, any low profiling move will do that, aka, like all the d3/d4s in the game, amongst lows themselves BECAUSE it isn't a "true" mid. A concept many people seem to have never heard of here.

Hit the lab with damn near every male character and test their d4/d3s versus the mids ball roll goes under and tell me what you find. Or Kitanas B4 versus something like EXice ball. As for wakeup, literally just poke or use a low or true mid. Pokes not only stuff everything but exroll, but thé majority recover fast enough to still block EXROLL after. But hey, what's the lab for other than misinformation.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If you don't like your mids being low profiled, use highs :DOGE

Also please note low profiling =/= high crushing. There's nothing systematically wrong with what's happening above.
just adding to this, it DOES profile his F3 which is meant to be his mid. wierd as shit