What's new

Combo Video - Grandmaster Lordspinal sub-zero midscreen ex ice clone combo's version 1.08 up to 37% one bar

Antlergroin

Sub-Zero main - Tremor and Scorpion scrub.
To be honest i have no idea how you manage to get a clone out after B12. Whenever i try to EXclone after the B12 i just get the standard ''failed clone jump''. Is it because you hit it as a counterhit or is it exclusively after a jip?

lordspinalkillerinstinct

He is not my main even though i have that name
To be honest i have no idea how you manage to get a clone out after B12. Whenever i try to EXclone after the B12 i just get the standard ''failed clone jump''. Is it because you hit it as a counterhit or is it exclusively after a jip?
have you watched the second video in this thread you see me doing these things mid match without a jump in punch.

try the ying yang stance that wll Always work mate
so p1 back towards you and p2 his back towards the background or vice versa.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
These are cool and all, and while I applaud everything the Sub Zero forum is trying to do for this character, there is a lot more to consider in this other than just the 36% damage.

First of all, I love how creative they are, and very cool as an exhibition piece, but the fact is, these are HIGHLY impractical and risky with the current patch, as the validity check on MB Klone from anything other than F4 is incredibly inconsistent on hit and block.

Meaning:
You could/will end up dropping your actual combo into ice ball, which is 30% METERLESS anyway, not to mention the wall carry and and momentum that you get from any open space combo with Sub Zero.

I watched the footage, and what I seen was mid screen combos using a bar of meter and keeping the opponent mid screen instead of pushing them to the corner to begin the entire reason you use Grandmaster, and that is the incredible corner game he has, there are some opponents who may never get out once they are there, and the entire game can be won with a single B12 Ice ball.

I hate to be a killjoy once again (Killjoy was the name I was going to change too, fun fact), but I am only stating the facts here.

Even if the validity check was fixed in another patch, you are still spending a much needed bar for 6%, and most of these combos don't push the opponent to the corner to being the corner game.

Last edited:

lordspinalkillerinstinct

These are cool and all, and while I applaud everything the Sub Zero forum is trying to do for this character, there is a lot more to consider in this other than just the 36% damage.

First of all, I love how creative they are, and very cool as an exhibition piece, but the fact is, these are HIGHLY impractical and risky with the current patch, as the validity check on MB Klone from anything other than F4 is incredibly inconsistent on hit and block.

Meaning:
You could/will end up dropping your actual combo into ice ball, which is 30% METERLESS anyway, not to mention the wall carry and and momentum that you get from any open space combo with Sub Zero.

I watched the footage, and what I seen was mid screen combos using a bar of meter and keeping the opponent mid screen instead of pushing them to the corner to begin the entire reason you use Grandmaster, and that is the incredible corner game he has, there are some opponents who may never get out once they are there, and the entire game can be won with a single B12 Ice ball.

I hate to be a killjoy once again (Killjoy was the name I was going to change too, fun fact), but I am only stating the facts here.

Even if the validity check was fixed in another patch, you are still spending a much needed bar for 6%, and most of these combos don't push the opponent to the corner to being the corner game.

Meaning:

1. Its a combo video
2. Its all about the beginning of the combo the rest is to show how many ways you can get damage or style on your opponent.
3. after B12 ex ice clone rc B12 ice ball you dont have to cross up jump in punch
You can just stay on the same side if you like. And carry them to the corner with 242 mate you know that.
4. I f you actually practice this like I did and do then you know when to use it and when not to use it glue77
5. Best way to use this is as a punish
Back to back this will not work cause of you making the opponent his body spin around making it not work only with a step back.
If you and your opponent are in a kind of ying yang stance then this will 100% come out.
And for now you just hope nrs fixxes this properly so you guys can use this with out thinking or practicing to much.

Thanks for the reply glue.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
These are pretty great ideas though. I'm always looking to integrate everything into my game The more options the better.

UsedForGlue

1. Its a combo video
2. Its all about the beginning of the combo the rest is to show how many ways you can get damage or style on your opponent.
3. after B12 ex ice clone rc B12 ice ball you dont have to cross up jump in punch
You can just stay on the same side if you like. And carry them to the corner with 242 mate you know that.
4. I f you actually practice this like I did and do then you know when to use it and when not to use it glue77
5. Best way to use this is as a punish
Back to back this will not work cause of you making the opponent his body spin around making it not work only with a step back.
If you and your opponent are in a kind of ying yang stance then this will 100% come out.
And for now you just hope nrs fixxes this properly so you guys can use this with out thinking or practicing to much.

Thanks for the reply glue.
1. "I love how creative these are".

2. "These are very cool as an exhibition piece".

3. I never said you have to cross up, but from what I seen, you do, in order to make use of the MB klone in the first place...if you don't, you are just spending a bar to leave the MB klone behind, and while doing this, you are giving up the bar, wall carry and corner set up, meaning you might as well do B12 Ice ball on one of the easiest hit confirms in the game.

4. I know exactly when to use it and when not to; On hit, don't use it, on block, maybe.

5. "As a punish", again, the validity check isn't right on the MB klone from B12, and no matter how much you practice it, it will never work 100% and always risk dropping a guaranteed punish.

Again, I applaud it, and its very cool, it has even spawned new ideas, but I am only interested in facts, and I am just making sure the right information is realised, and considering you are contributing to the Sub forum, why would you argue against what I am saying, when you know in your heart and mind, that I am right.

Don't take it personal.

Last edited:

lordspinalkillerinstinct

1. "I love how creative these are".

2. "These are very cool as an exhibition piece".

3. I never said you have to cross up, but from what I seen, you do, in order to make use of the MB klone in the first place...if you don't, you are just spending a bar to leave the MB klone behind, and while doing this, you are giving up the bar, wall carry and corner set up, meaning you might as well do B12 Ice ball on one of the easiest hit confirms in the game.

4. I know exactly when to use it and when not to; On hit, don't use it, on block, maybe.

5. "As a punish", again, the validity check isn't right on the MB klone from B12, and no matter how much you practice it, it will never work 100% and always risk dropping a guaranteed punish.

Again, I applaud it, and its very cool, it has even spawned new ideas, but I am only interested in facts, and I am just making sure the right information is realised, and considering you are contributing to the Sub forum, why would you argue against what I am saying, when you know in your heart and mind, that I am right.

Don't take it personal.
No i dont take this personal
But in the future this is the way to go

And you can cancel you combo tick throw them back in it cause the clone stays out longer
This is the same concept as unbreakabruh his ice aura combo,s
So when nrs fixxes this you can get 37 percent garanteed.
Be shore to check out my other vids where i use forward 4 ex ice clone mid screen and wall

Are you going to Redfightdistrict btw ?

UsedForGlue

No i dont take this personal
But in the future this is the way to go

And you can cancel you combo tick throw them back in it cause the clone stays out longer
This is the same concept as unbreakabruh his ice aura combo,s
So when nrs fixxes this you can get 37 percent garanteed.
Be shore to check out my other vids where i use forward 4 ex ice clone mid screen and wall

Are you going to Redfightdistrict btw ?
Starting my 3rd year of University the weekend after red fight, so I won't be able to make it, unfortunately.