What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Mel0

Noob
I think if b2 is getting touched at all in ultimate it should be to add those badass lighting swords we see in story to extend its range. I'd really like that even if was a tiny range boost. The only thing I see wrong with this is that the kb would have to be changed a little so the lightning hits you instead of his chops.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think the Lightning Rod, Float Stance, and rolling thunder clout DOT move could be an interesting variation, but I don't think it'd actually be good in a competitive sense. More of an interesting way to try and maximize space control with Raiden.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Sounds like B14 is going to be +1 on block, and Superbolt is going to be safe. Might actually have some use for that move.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Have to lab. But if they don’t make quick charge interact with other different moves then there’s no point not combining it with the current Raijin loadout

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Whoa, that B14 change is great. I don't think Kustom Variations will affect Raiden much tho? I feel like V1 will still be the best choice. Although something like Storm Cell + Superbolt + something else might be cool. Problem is, I've been playing so much TW that I forgot how to play this game without a teleport :p

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Although something like Storm Cell + Superbolt + something else might be cool.
One issue I see is that unless they adjust things I don't think Superbolt is able to work as a cut & paste Ender for Electric Fly. It can't connect the same way the Electric Fly does.

I guess you could do something like Super Bolt, Quick Charge, and Electric Current and just use Super Bolt for the safety instead of Electric Burst, since most of your Raijin combos can simply be ended in Summon Lightning for more damage anyways.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
One issue I see is that unless they adjust things I don't think Superbolt is able to work as a cut & paste Ender for Electric Fly. It can't connect the same way the Electric Fly does.

I guess you could do something like Super Bolt, Quick Charge, and Electric Current and just use Super Bolt for the safety instead of Electric Burst, since most of your Raijin combos can simply be ended in Summon Lightning for more damage anyways.
They might make super bolt into a sort of reverse Joker BF4 type deal where we can hold it to make it more safe, and we will still have cancels. But we will have to wait and see because we might get mashed out of if we have to hold super bolt for very long to make it safe

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Ok, I've been out of the loop for 4 months, what happened?

I know about KL allowing variants but what happend to Raiden and his B1+4 etc?

wookie

Noob
I know we can only speculate for now, but I went to lab with this build:
Quick Charge, Lighting Rod and Storm Cell. Looks very promising.
Also I'm interesting in Super Bolt move. However, now it's hard to judge anything, but I'm very positive to custom variations.