What's new

Lobo Patch Notes

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
As of may 20th, the changes to Lobo are as follows:

• Reduced Lobo’s recovery time while loading his Nuclear Shells Character Power to 49 frames (down from 57).
  • Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Meter Burn Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1).
  • Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.
  • Increased the amount of damage an opponent will receive when blocking Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.
IMO, these changes won't make a huge difference, but it's nice they've given his trait a little bit more use, his gameplan/bad matchups will not be effected by these changes.

Stickying this thread, and I'll update it should Lobo ever receive more changes.

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
faster trait
increased chip damage

not bad, im happy they didn't go crazy on the buffslike i said, he still is unexplored, he's not S, and neither shit...neterrealm obviosly wants to give him more time before doing any major changes
so lets continue to break lobo down before we come to any conclusions please

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Lobo buffs change nothing, he still sucks at closing space vs zoners. He needs armor on his regular Hook Charge (bf+3) and 3 hits of armor on his MB Hook Charge, better walk speed and a higher juggle state on B12. And a slightly faster F3 would be nice, to make his overhead/low mixup game an actual threat.

PND_Ketchup

Lobo buffs change nothing, he still sucks at closing space vs zoners. He needs armor on his regular Hook Charge (bf+3) and 3 hits of armor on his MB Hook Charge, better walk speed and a higher juggle state on B12. And a slightly faster F3 would be nice, to make his overhead/low mixup game an actual threat.
The changes you want would make him way too easy mode. Armor on his regular charge would be ridiculous, and the three hits on the MB doesn't make sense as the armor only activates when the chain hits the ground, so he'd still have the issue of wakeups gettign stuffed out.

His high low game is a threat as it stands if you can land an ambiguous MB whip punish, it just isn't guaranteed, but in this game, very little is.

Also, if his B1,2 received a higher juggle state, it would need to lose its frame advantage, because a string that gives him a free D1 on block and a full combo on hit seems pretty B.S.

Just my opinion anyway, I'd quite like the hitbox of his 2,1 to be increased/altered, as it seems really odd at the moment. Some characters can neutral duck, allowing the chain of the string to literally pass right through them. Plus the hitbox gets stuffed by jumping opponents, even if they only just leave the ground, which makes no sense, as again, the chain goes right through their character model.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
They have the best dash in the game + really good AA and mixups, and people still complain about zoning lol. Play a good NW and let me know how that goes.

Anyways, I can appreciate why NRS is going easy with the buffs and nerfs, I feel like Lobo needs a bit more but at the same time I still think calling him bottom tier is a bad joke.

PND_Ketchup

They have the best dash in the game + really good AA and mixups, and people still complain about zoning lol. Play a good NW and let me know how that goes.

Anyways, I can appreciate why NRS is going easy with the buffs and nerfs, I feel like Lobo needs a bit more but at the same time I still think calling him bottom tier is a bad joke.
Lobo has awesome screen control everywhere BUT fullscreen. You can keep him there with ease if you're awesome at dealing with forward dashes.

His dash helps him get one free dash in on some zoning tools, but you'll still be chasing some of the cast for the entire match. And then trying to land you advantage mixups should you get in, which COULD be harder given the wakeup buffs a lot of the cast received.

Dulllyanna

Unless they have a really good escape or you make a large mistake, they shouldn't be getting out of the corner easily against Lobo. I don't see how any of the wakeup changes drastically alter what Lobo generally does anyways on oki mixup outside of maybe Shazam.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
The changes you want would make him way too easy mode. Armor on his regular charge would be ridiculous, and the three hits on the MB doesn't make sense as the armor only activates when the chain hits the ground, so he'd still have the issue of wakeups gettign stuffed out.

His high low game is a threat as it stands if you can land an ambiguous MB whip punish, it just isn't guaranteed, but in this game, very little is.

Also, if his B1,2 received a higher juggle state, it would need to lose its frame advantage, because a string that gives him a free D1 on block and a full combo on hit seems pretty B.S.

Just my opinion anyway, I'd quite like the hitbox of his 2,1 to be increased/altered, as it seems really odd at the moment. Some characters can neutral duck, allowing the chain of the string to literally pass right through them. Plus the hitbox gets stuffed by jumping opponents, even if they only just leave the ground, which makes no sense, as again, the chain goes right through their character model.
I completely forgot about the frame advantage on B12, so yeah I guess it would be a bit much. B12, 1+3/DB2 need to have the opponent land closer or give you enough frames to do something on their wake up. Having his mixups send them away from Lobo is counter productive.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Just curious but does anyone know if his new trait will give him a safe load on hard knockdown? If it does his 50-50 game got much better since he has a safe high damage 50-50 off 21 low gunshot. Turns him into a Green Arrow with command grabs and gives you an interesting choice about loading your gun or going for oki.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Just put two in two together
Lobo shotgun is safe on block
Increased chip

I like this

As of may 20th, the changes to Lobo are as follows:

• Reduced Lobo’s recovery time while loading his Nuclear Shells Character Power to 49 frames (down from 57).
  • Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Meter Burn Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1).
  • Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.
  • Increased the amount of damage an opponent will receive when blocking Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.
IMO, these changes won't make a huge difference, but it's nice they've given his trait a little bit more use, his gameplan/bad matchups will not be effected by these changes.

Stickying this thread, and I'll update it should Lobo ever receive more changes.

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

Cool, thanks Ketchup.

Request:
In the future as you update this page with upcoming patch notes, please keep the release dates by each patch version so we may track the progress.

Keep up the good work, by way I look forward to more of your Lobo tutorial vids. If you can do some indepth commentary tutorials explaining negative frame rates & positive frame rates and show them in action that would be much appreciated.

If it does his 50-50 game got much better
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm still learning the lingo.
What do you mean by 50-50?

It's true, his bad matchups haven't been altered. I was happy at first that he got something this soon but it's not enough. Maybe theyre giving him time to breathe to see if he really needs more buffs ( he does)

I'm switching to batgirl for his bad matchups, see how it goes.

Raegn21

Noob
whoever said Lobo doesnt need armor on his standard bf3, i highly disagree. him having the best dash in the game makes up for nothing. he can still be spaced out by every character in the game and with absolutely 0 long range abilities he needs either an easier or safer way to close the gap.

look at all of the other slow characters, Grundy has an armored dash grab, Bane has an armored charge, Luthors ability is armor. wheres Lobos armored attack/ability? oh right, its been replaced with a useless (imo) shotgun augmentation that doesnt even put out that big of a difference.

maybe im missing something huge about how Lobo is suppose to be played but i mean, with no decent way to get close and then even being too slow to do anything if he ever gets in range, i feel he is in dire need of buffs.

whoever said Lobo doesnt need armor on his standard bf3, i highly disagree. him having the best dash in the game makes up for nothing. he can still be spaced out by every character in the game and with absolutely 0 long range abilities he needs either an easier or safer way to close the gap.

look at all of the other slow characters, Grundy has an armored dash grab, Bane has an armored charge, Luthors ability is armor. wheres Lobos armored attack/ability? oh right, its been replaced with a useless (imo) shotgun augmentation that doesnt even put out that big of a difference.

maybe im missing something huge about how Lobo is suppose to be played but i mean, with no decent way to get close and then even being too slow to do anything if he ever gets in range, i feel he is in dire need of buffs.
^Agreed. The biggest concern to me is his lack of wake up. No armor at all. bf3 is useless unless the chain hits the floor and thats when the armor kicks in. Up close your opponent just smacks you out of it.

I am sure they are waiting to see how he develops as the community molds him further.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
While I agree that it is early to be jumping to conclusions, his b1,2 needs some tuning. You can special cancel it, but none of the specials will land. This is odd to me. The only options are combing from a difficult d1 link(which I am working on and don't have issue with) and to finish the string with 1+3.

While I agree that it is early to be jumping to conclusions, his b1,2 needs some tuning. You can special cancel it, but none of the specials will land. This is odd to me. The only options are combing from a difficult d1 link(which I am working on and don't have issue with) and to finish the string with 1+3.
I found out that MB bf3 will connect very clumsily. You can also confirm with a wallbounce cancel, but that's two bars to confirm off of a standing low when many other characters can do it for free.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I completely forgot about the frame advantage on B12, so yeah I guess it would be a bit much. B12, 1+3/DB2 need to have the opponent land closer or give you enough frames to do something on their wake up. Having his mixups send them away from Lobo is counter productive.
I feel like his b12 is fine. Db2 sending them away gives me a chance to load trait then come back in again. Obviously that's not always you're goal though. But it has it's uses.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Lobo needs a little more than what he got right now.. Against zoners he is totally screwed.. I dont care about his wake up game because midscreen I usually backdash and in the corner I just block and pushblock...

However i'd like to see 1,1,3 start as a mid instead of a high and his j2 to be as godlike as shazams/ravens for crossups like the same amount of active frames as ravens j2.. That would be fair imo...

Im glad his 2,1 string is good enough for tick throws with his d,b,f+2 but it whiffs on hit... I know that b2,u1 is the better setup nut in clutch situations your not likely to get the right inputs 100% of the time... Anyways im just day1 lobo main so plz dont flame me lol

I dont think having armor on b,f3 would be op at all when so many characters have such great ways to keep him out plus you got batgirl who can randomly throw out d,d+3 mb and get a free combo or catwoman b,f2 mb or doomsdays whatever or banes b,f+1 venom and they get in for free.. Why cant lobo have one free move?

Just my thoughts

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Dulllyanna

Yeah it's not like he has a 9 frame low or 11 frame mid or anything. What a slow-ass character.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
What if his front dash got 2 hits of armor? We could turn him into hulk from MVC3 that way and give him armored run ups.

What if his front dash got 2 hits of armor? We could turn him into hulk from MVC3 that way and give him armored run ups.
I hope you mean his Hook Charge, and not his roll. I think the problem with the armor on his hook charge is that it takes too long to come out, and I think everyone can agree on that.

Raegn21

Noob
Yeah it's not like he has a 9 frame low or 11 frame mid or anything. What a slow-ass character.
not like crouch blocking can fix that or anything. and its also not like his overheads can be reacted to or anything but youre right, one fast little toe poke in his moveset and he might as well be on par with scorpions speed