What's new

Liu matchup chart by MIT

perfect legend and i agree 5-5 Kung Lao vs La Kang
I also think Sonya Vs La kang could go 5-5 as long as the Kang player knows the match up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
top 10 cyrax, smoke, lui, kitana, reptile, skarlet, sektor, sonya, jax, Eddie, kabal, johnny cage, kung lao, ermac, shang tsun, mileena, kabal, kenshi,
amongst this top 10 there is a top 3 that rape most of the cast badly, but overall, on this list all belong to top 10 because of their matchup balances, i know they ar emore than 10 so we have some balance on this game , most of the cast can compete, and out of this list there are some good 5 chars who can compete also.
there are 4 rapist in this list that rape most of the cast 7-3 at least, guess who they are?
who the fuck is eddie?

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Lui Def don't beat reptile 6-4, trading projectiles and ex slow fb Lui can't handle. That match is 5-5 prob 6-4 reptile

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

AssassiN

Noob
I'm a Liu main and I accept this MU-chart, the only thing is that Kabal is still 4-6 I think.
3 bad MU is not bad for a character, but LK has to really work for it in order to win.

NKZero

Noob
MITDJT I don't think Raiden loses to Liu Kang tbh.

I know Liu recovers quickly from fireballs meaning he can zone a little without having to worry about a teleport punish by Raiden and also 213 is a good punisher for teleport.

However I also think Liu cannot reliably interrupt Raiden's strings, I think Raiden can counter-zone with his own projectile, especially if Liu is insistent on heavy instant air fireball zoning.

In the footsie game they both have real good advancing moves. Liu has F12, Raiden has B312. Liu has B312, Raiden has F24 etc. It's footsie heavy in my opinion as Liu cannot rely on rushing Raiden down nor zoning him at all times while Raiden cannot turtle as effectively because Liu Kang will force Raiden to either block a projectile or teleport into Liu's attacking range.

5-5 imo.

MITDJT I don't think Raiden loses to Liu Kang tbh.

I know Liu recovers quickly from fireballs meaning he can zone a little without having to worry about a teleport punish by Raiden and also 213 is a good punisher for teleport.

However I also think Liu cannot reliably interrupt Raiden's strings, I think Raiden can counter-zone with his own projectile, especially if Liu is insistent on heavy instant air fireball zoning.

In the footsie game they both have real good advancing moves. Liu has F12, Raiden has B312. Liu has B312, Raiden has F24 etc. It's footsie heavy in my opinion as Liu cannot rely on rushing Raiden down nor zoning him at all times while Raiden cannot turtle as effectively because Liu Kang will force Raiden to either block a projectile or teleport into Liu's attacking range.

5-5 imo.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, liu has faster normals and safer normals, so the footsies game favors liu for sure. Raiden can't punish iafb with a tele and he can thunder tackle it, but you have to time it very strict or it won't work. Up close, liu has alot of mixups to use vs raiden and liu has all neutral strings, so if raiden teles, i can punish it since tele is like -13. I dnt even think raiden can punish liu when he teles while liu is doing a high fb and liu wins the zoning game.

I'm a Liu main and I accept this MU-chart, the only thing is that Kabal is still 4-6 I think.
3 bad MU is not bad for a character, but LK has to really work for it in order to win.
i'm keeping it 5-5, and alot of ppl agree too so I'll just wait till i get my hands on reo.

Lui Def don't beat reptile 6-4, trading projectiles and ex slow fb Lui can't handle. That match is 5-5 prob 6-4 reptile

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
sorry salt time haha, but that mu is in liu's favor. This comes from experience playing a high lvl liu at home all the time. Reptile has slow ass normals and can't zone liu at all bcuz his projectiles aren't as fast. Liu gets and easy punish on a dash with standing 2,1,3 and he can blow up reptiles d4 with a b3,1,2. Reptile has to fight an uphill battle the whole fight and liu is in control, liu can also rush reptile down as well. Forceballs and dashes are pretty much demolished completely by liu, and those are two very key things for reptile. All u can really do is try and close the distance and deal with liu's superb footsies. This all comes from experience as well, i'm not throwing around theories.

NKZero

Noob
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, liu has faster normals and safer normals, so the footsies game favors liu for sure. Raiden can't punish iafb with a tele and he can thunder tackle it, but you have to time it very strict or it won't work. Up close, liu has alot of mixups to use vs raiden and liu has all neutral strings, so if raiden teles, i can punish it since tele is like -13. I dnt even think raiden can punish liu when he teles while liu is doing a high fb and liu wins the zoning game.
I'm not denying Liu has better projectiles and as I previously stated, Raiden cannot really punish Liu's zoning with a teleport since he recovers really well. Raiden still has a solid projectile to counter with and it can stop the flow of Liu's zoning, especially EX fireball for Raiden.

Also the only way you are punishing teleport is if you expect it. C'mon man don't just say you can punish it like it's a piece of cake. Also Raiden can compensate for having slower normals in the footsie game by having greater reaching normals. F12 can easily be whiff punished by B3 into full combo. Raiden can also get a few wake-up set-ups going on Liu since his wake-up game is pretty weak. Once he has a life-lead he can run away with it as well as anyone.

I know Liu has neutral strings and a better up close game but if Raiden can teleport out of Cage's stuff with frame advantage then he should have no problem dealing with Liu Kang who is 0 on block on all stuff. Cage is a 5-5, I don't see why Liu is any different.

perfect legend and i agree 5-5 Kung Lao vs La Kang
I also think Sonya Vs La kang could go 5-5 as long as the Kang player knows the match up.
lao def wins that mu, main reason being he abuses liu's hitbox and liu has to be careful when throwing a fb, also lao's standing 2 faster than lius and has more distance. Got to be careful in the footsies game bcuz lao has 2,1 and 2,4 and lao will be able to build meter better bcuz liu has to deal with his 2,1. You can poke out of 2,1 pressure, but got to be very careful bcuz he could just spin or jump over you, it's a complete guess on what he'll do while pressuring you with 2,1. The best thing going for liu in this mu is liu's iafb can work well and even hit lao before his tele comes out and liu can do some dmg up close with his mixups/ punish anything lao whiffs with ease.

I'm not denying Liu has better projectiles and as I previously stated, Raiden cannot really punish Liu's zoning with a teleport since he recovers really well. Raiden still has a solid projectile to counter with and it can stop the flow of Liu's zoning, especially EX fireball for Raiden.

Also the only way you are punishing teleport is if you expect it. C'mon man don't just say you can punish it like it's a piece of cake. Also Raiden can compensate for having slower normals in the footsie game by having greater reaching normals. F12 can easily be whiff punished by B3 into full combo. Raiden can also get a few wake-up set-ups going on Liu since his wake-up game is pretty weak. Once he has a life-lead he can run away with it as well as anyone.

I know Liu has neutral strings and a better up close game but if Raiden can teleport out of Cage's stuff with frame advantage then he should have no problem dealing with Liu Kang who is 0 on block on all stuff. Cage is a 5-5, I don't see why Liu is any different.
cage beats raiden by the way, most agree with that and there are plenty of reaons for that. Liu is way faster than raiden, that will be a hugh problem when liu gets close and in the footsies game. Liu's b3,1,2 is gdlk and will blow up b3,1,2 of raiden's bcuz raiden's is slower. It isn't hard expecting a tele, and even if u dnt punish it, it is free pressrue for me. If you whiff one thing, b3,1,2 freely. Raiden will not be able to keep a life lead easily bcuz i'll back him up to the corner and bait a tele since that is his only good option for getting out the corner. I should've played b wizz at dallas but didn't play him in that mu bcuz i was helping him with the cage mu and my bro helped him with the rax mu. We can agree to disagree for sure.

NKZero

Noob
cage beats raiden by the way, most agree with that and there are plenty of reaons for that. Liu is way faster than raiden, that will be a hugh problem when liu gets close and in the footsies game. Liu's b3,1,2 is gdlk and will blow up b3,1,2 of raiden's bcuz raiden's is slower. It isn't hard expecting a tele, and even if u dnt punish it, it is free pressrue for me. If you whiff one thing, b3,1,2 freely. Raiden will not be able to keep a life lead easily bcuz i'll back him up to the corner and bait a tele since that is his only good option for getting out the corner. I should've played b wizz at dallas but didn't play him in that mu bcuz i was helping him with the cage mu and my bro helped him with the rax mu. We can agree to disagree for sure.
Yeah man I totally respect your opinion, especially someone who actually knows what they're tlaing about due to experience and general high level play :).

However I do disagree. I would like to see this MU played out a little more in order to convince me otherwise but anyways the point about Raiden's teleport is that it's a mind game. You think if he's cornered he'll teleport out so you wait. Then he can just grab you and switch positions. Or he can bait out a teleport but he does EX instead and you attack early and get whiff punished. Fighting Raiden means you have to adapt to his style of play.

Liu Kang is most effective when he is controlling the pace of the match up close or from far since he has so many tools. Against Raiden however, he and many other characters, have to respect Raiden's tools that dampen the effect of Liu's tools.

Thanks for your input though, nice to see another point of view.

Yeah man I totally respect your opinion, especially someone who actually knows what they're tlaing about due to experience and general high level play :).

However I do disagree. I would like to see this MU played out a little more in order to convince me otherwise but anyways the point about Raiden's teleport is that it's a mind game. You think if he's cornered he'll teleport out so you wait. Then he can just grab you and switch positions. Or he can bait out a teleport but he does EX instead and you attack early and get whiff punished. Fighting Raiden means you have to adapt to his style of play.

Liu Kang is most effective when he is controlling the pace of the match up close or from far since he has so many tools. Against Raiden however, he and many other characters, have to respect Raiden's tools that dampen the effect of Liu's tools.

Thanks for your input though, nice to see another point of view.
i'll ask my bro what he thinks as well, if he agrees it is a 5-5 then i'll go on ahead and change it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I feel like he has to jump and rely on crossovers to keep pressure against characters with good armor.

For that reason I feel Skarlet wins this MU. F4 out reaches his normals (except maybe b1) and her pressure potential is out of this world because he has to block all her shenannigans due to his swollen hitbox. If he is going for stutter strings and f3 antics, she can just armor away and either get a combo, pressure, or slide. f43 puts her at perfect range to react with armor to fireballs, jump and get ressure on fireballs, or just play more footsies. He cant zone her either.

I dont see anything other than fireball trades in his favor...but that is the same with every other character in this game. If kenshi cant keep her out what the FUCK is luis kang gonna do?

She goes even with Cage IMO due to his ability to stay in and cages pressure is much greater than kang. she probably beats kenshi because of his hit box and I dont see kang as anything more than a hybrid of the two...a less effective version of each.

(I'm not saying he is bad at all in fact I use him often online. Im referring only to the Skarlet MU)
MITDJT

i changed it not only after playing some kitanas, but also playing against liu with kitana myself, so that led to me making it 5 5. Sonya is 5-5 for 3 basic reasons:
His footsies
His zoning
Safe strings
Would you mind going into the Sonya matchup in more detail?

Would you mind going into the Sonya matchup in more detail?
heck I'm just done with mu discussions now haha, I say one thing, others disagree, then it just leads to back and forth arguments. But if u need help in the mu then I'll help someone in a mu anytime.

I feel like he has to jump and rely on crossovers to keep pressure against characters with good armor.

For that reason I feel Skarlet wins this MU. F4 out reaches his normals (except maybe b1) and her pressure potential is out of this world because he has to block all her shenannigans due to his swollen hitbox. If he is going for stutter strings and f3 antics, she can just armor away and either get a combo, pressure, or slide. f43 puts her at perfect range to react with armor to fireballs, jump and get ressure on fireballs, or just play more footsies. He cant zone her either.

I dont see anything other than fireball trades in his favor...but that is the same with every other character in this game. If kenshi cant keep her out what the FUCK is luis kang gonna do?

She goes even with Cage IMO due to his ability to stay in and cages pressure is much greater than kang. she probably beats kenshi because of his hit box and I dont see kang as anything more than a hybrid of the two...a less effective version of each.

(I'm not saying he is bad at all in fact I use him often online. Im referring only to the Skarlet MU)
MITDJT
nice analysis of the mu, I'll take this. 5-5, 6-4 dnt really matter what ppl have it. I'm sticking with my personal mu chart on what things feel comfortable to me, bcuz it's the player that matters anyways. Also, you better bring skarlet's ass out at the next major you enter, i'm waiting for one to top 8 ;)

zaf

professor
MITDJT

I can see liu kang beating ermac. But can i see your reasoning as to what makes you believe this?
Just so I can get a better picture of what Liu will want to be doing in the match up.
I do know that Liu can outzone ermac. Which is sad =[

MITDJT

I can see liu kang beating ermac. But can i see your reasoning as to what makes you believe this?
Just so I can get a better picture of what Liu will want to be doing in the match up.
I do know that Liu can outzone ermac. Which is sad =[
yes liu can outzone ermac. Up close liu's fast and safe strings will be a problem for mac and liu has some mixups he can incorporate at times. Also in the footsies game, b3,1,2 and f1,2 will work great on closing the distance on ermac. Liu's standing 2 is 8 frames and has pretty good distance as well to use in footsies. The best thing going for ermac i say in this mu would be his iafb and push.