What's new

Liu Kang's f4 is stupid and needs it's hitbox adjusted

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Liu Kang's F4 is fine. If you have difficulty with it, you're the problem, not a -7 move

sonya's b2 can also hit you like this, same goes for Erron's FB, there are also some other moves which can hit you when you are in the air and already behind them.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Kung fu master : "to win, you must be unpredictable"
mk11 lui kang: "yeah allright.."
F4, F4~parry, F4~other string, F4~grab, F4~fireball(amp), F4~stance (OH, low, cancel)
All valid after F43 as well. F43U3 too
Not to mention his 123, 343, 212, B124

Oh he can be hella predicatable but if someone gets beat with only a mix of F4 and F43, the character isnt the problem, the opponent just needs to cry less and practice more.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Now I get where that status update came from. lol

This thread... smh.
Right! It started out funny but now it's just sad. I feel NinjaKilla got a lot of ppl playing Liu Kang and now a horde of ppl who have no idea how to deal with him, bitch about his F4 instead of looking for patterns and shortcomings in their own game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Right! It started out funny but now it's just sad. I feel NinjaKilla got a lot of ppl playing Liu Kang and now a horde of ppl who have no idea how to deal with him, bitch about his F4 instead of looking for patterns and shortcomings in their own game.
The pretty much sums up a lot of threads since launch imo. First it was "Geras and Erron are beyond broken", then it was "Scorpion's teleport is an auto-win", now it's" Liu Kang and Cassie are busted and unfair".

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
The pretty much sums up a lot of threads since launch imo. First it was Geras and Erron are beyond broken, then it was "Scorpion's teleport is an auto-win", now it's Liu Kang and Cassie are busted and unfair.
Remember when mk games were "properly balanced" and the only things we had to worry about were 100% Cyrax resets, NDCs and Sonya and Johnny cage block infinites?

xKMMx

Banned
I'm sure its been mentioned in here but I don't have the time to read every post ...... you can interrupt his F43U3 after the f43 with a poke or even better a s1 string.

It is the most satisfying feeling ever when your playing a brain dead LK that does nothing but that string to pressure because when you blow them up for a full combo you can literally see their brain go into vapor lock.

I've not been able to deal with all the f4 stuff from him. I studied the options, practiced the FB. I get what I should more or less be going for, but man, I just can't.

It's just a steam roller of a move that you can't challenge with anything. Once you let it start it only ends when you make the magic guess between u3, low fireball, MB fireball, and parry - and maybe throw.

You sure can blow it up for a lot of damage, but I have yet to do it in an actual match. Scary bastard.
Regardless of which character you use, D3 should be your first option vs LK. It beats all options except for low fireball.

Once you get him to start using low fireball he’s punishing himself.

Also if you happen to block the whole string, make sure you’re standing for the last hit. If you’re crouching he’ll be in range to throw without advancing.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Are you serious? Did you actually SEE the hitbox on that move? Its not about his options or frame data or that it's probably the best f-cking stagger move in the entire game. It has a bs hitbox, hitting opponents where it shouldn't be able to. Sh-t like this makes the game broken and not fun to play.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Are you serious? Did you actually SEE the hitbox on that move? Its not about his options or frame data or that it's probably the best f-cking stagger move in the entire game. It has a bs hitbox, hitting opponents where it shouldn't be able to. Sh-t like this makes the game broken and not fun to play.
Oh yea 100% I agree, what we saw in the previous video needs to be patched. But I think now the convo shifted to his F4 and F43 in terms of staggers

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Just adjust hit/hurt boxes across the board. Don’t make F4 have ridiculous hitbox range, let it stay as a 9f mid bc it’s like his only tool to get in. Maybe make it a tad more negative but then, dare I say, NRS would need to introduce variety into this game. Look I’m a Liu main but I’m not blind.

Also don’t happen to think F4 is like Superman F2 braindead either. It’s easily punished if you know the MU. I think the bigger problem is just variety in this game. Only a handful of characters have more than one viable string to combo from. And even less have more than one combo route. It’s kinda dull. I get the neutral focus but jeez...

Liu has no other real tools to get in unless you have conditioned your opponent. His B124 is a dial up string and is stubby. 123 is an easily poked high. B3 is slow. F3 is dangerously negative if you don’t cancel into Shaolin Stance (a Stance which was very poorly designed I might add).

Should Liu receive changes? Absolutely. Should F4 be nerfed into oblivion? Absolutely not. Fix the whiffing issues that are game-wide, make his stances solid pressure tools, and give us more god damn variety. You have to realize that a lot of LK mains would kill for variety. I try not to abuse F4 as much as possible but when I’m pitted against a decent Sonya or Jacqui or Erron...I mean...

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The pretty much sums up a lot of threads since launch imo. First it was "Geras and Erron are beyond broken", then it was "Scorpion's teleport is an auto-win", now it's" Liu Kang and Cassie are busted and unfair".
And all of them were (and still are) right.

EDIT: Well actually no, Kang and Cassie are far more fair then the rest. But still, they are very good and better than most.