What's new

Liu Kang vs Sub-Zero [strategies]

bbyte

Noob
Hmm. I would love to hear your strategies for this fight. Last night I went from medium difficulty to very hard and I got to the second endurance fight, but the Sub-Zero fight is so hard for me. I don't have probs with any of the other characters, but Sub-Zero gets me every single time. It's mainly because of his very fast recovery time from the ice shard. Even when standing real close to him, blocking and immediately launching a counter flying kick doesn't even work, he just blocks it in most cases. I tried standing in front of him and blasting fireballs all the time, but he can freeze you like that, you need to be pretty quick and keep up the rythm.

Mariso

Noob
haha , beating computer is easy, u just jump on it from specific distance in right timing-even with Liu works despide his wierd stretched legs haha- it works for all caracters (except shang)... if sub freezes you after you block freze, make fly kick at once too counter him ...as for strategy for beating computer sub zero i dont know hah, i never played computer that much too know - if sub gets u in corner, fly out from it with fly kick, too counter his slide with liu use hk or something (maybe upercut works dont know , soultaker or ded will have answer too that) - if you jump on it with late hk, use fly kick as well too make kombo. Sometimes use fly kick twice in a row in case computer avoids first one (hah it works usilly for fizical players), for the rest i think its best for you too read mk1 guied that is in this website- u have all explained there for every caracter!

bbyte

Noob
But that stuff doesn't work :D. Try setting the dip switches to test menu and then changing the difficulty to very hard. What you described only works for the regular difficulty :D

Mariso

Noob
Hehe, jumping on your computer,s oponent from distance in perfect timing works at any dificulty of the game! Its booring "taktik" but 100% garatie too work ! We did exacly same shit back too finish game in the early 90,s on coin machine!

bbyte

Noob
I'm playing as player 1. I tried jumping, but it doesn't work all the time and I prefer having a tactic that's specific for that opponent :p

yathva

Noob
a lot of sonya's stuff doesnt work on the cpu.

But as far as liu-sub, its the other way round for me, god, I hate liu!

a lot of sonya's stuff doesnt work on the cpu.

But as far as liu-sub, its the other way round for me, god, I hate liu!

lui kang could be very lethal character,i suggest that you can look in the character guides and some videos on youtube :p mastering him is a great advantage

yathva

Noob
sorry for posting the same thing again, I went back to the mk1 board and my post had seemed to vanish.
But what I meant was, the person who started this thread said they were having trouble beating sub with liu, but for me, I find liu hard to beat with sub. I am aware of liu's threat thats why I hate fighting against him.